TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Boycott Hallmark Channel!!!

DrCook920

[21]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 17

Not that long ago (3 years or so) TV Land had LH on in the 8:00pm time slot for a little while. I remember it was a great alternative to regular primetime network programming and I watched it whenever I had a chance. It was also on in the wee hours of the morning, 5:00am I think on either Hallmark or TV Land, so you could watch LH 6 times a day if you had nothing else to do! I had a newborn at the time and was often up feeding the baby at the right time to catch the early episode. I sort of miss that....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millerem99

[22]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 51
    DrCook920 wrote:

Not that long ago (3 years or so) TV Land had LH on in the 8:00pm time slot for a little while. I remember it was a great alternative to regular primetime network programming and I watched it whenever I had a chance. It was also on in the wee hours of the morning, 5:00am I think on either Hallmark or TV Land, so you could watch LH 6 times a day if you had nothing else to do! I had a newborn at the time and was often up feeding the baby at the right time to catch the early episode. I sort of miss that....

I remember that, and actually I realized last week that TV Land still runs it at some ungodly hour...I think two to four in the morning on Saturdays. I couldn't sleep last week and they were airing "Back to School," both parts.

hepipkin

[23]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    I am completely heart broken Little House was the light of my day and now they have taken it away from us what the heck! I mean I Love Lucy is a favorite of mine but I will not watch Hallmark channel until they bring back Little House.

catsmeow3

[24]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    You didn't read all the replies, it is back, and there's a marathon on this Saturday.

DrCook920

[25]Apr 16, 2009
    Now that my "baby" is 3 I doubt I will be in a position to catch any of these eps, but I discovered that TV Land is airing LH at 4 and 5 am on Sundays and Mondays starting the last week of April.

catsmeow3

[26]Apr 16, 2009
    Hallmark will also be airing Sat 3/18 at 5pm the Disney movie of "Little House on the Prairie", of course it doesn't even come close to Landon's Pilot movie, but anything Little House related is worth watching. In my not so humble opinion it isn't cast very well, especially Laura, but there's no one who could follow in Melissa Gilbert's footsteps, she was born to play Laura.

DrCook920

[27]Apr 18, 2009
    I agree whole heartedly! I have always felt sort of bad for any actress that has played Laura since. It has nothing at all to do with acting ability, I'm sure these girls are fine actresses, it's just that I can't accept anyone else in the role. I feel that way about Pa too.

catsmeow3

[28]Apr 18, 2009

Besides the acting, the music is just wrong, and not very good, it sure makes me appreciate David Rose all the much more. I can't say much for the director either, too may close up shots mingled in with other shots, in the river scenes the camera is too jittery, and other scenes it's like he refused to keep the camera static, I think it's suppose to be artistic but looks amateurish, and it makes me feel dizzy.

It's common knowledge how much Ed Friendly disagreed with Michael Landon and NBC about deviating from the story, so here's Friendly's chance to do it entirely his way, and what does he do? The same thing, if anything Landon's Pilot is much more faithful to Laura's book then his version. Other complaints that I have are, Laura's not in braids half the time, "Pa" only called Laura Half-Pint a couple of times, and Carrie's not in it. There's not much of an attempt to play on our heart strings, it's not moving, it's just going for an occasional smile from the viewer, the suspenseful scenes are total let downs too, it's like they omit how they conclude, for example, the wagons stuck in the river, the ice is cracking, Charles orders the girls out to walk, it cuts to the girls on the river bank, out of an out of focus scene here comes Pa walking, all the suspenseful scenes play out the same way. I have many more complaints, but that's enough.

Putting the Television series aside, none of the actors portray the spirit of the Ingalls, this is typical modern day, low budget, Hallmark made for TV-Hollywood type actor casting. The woman who played Caroline was so wrong for the part, totally unbelievable as a 19th century pioneer woman.

Long live the original.

DrCook920

[29]Apr 19, 2009
    Is this the one that aired back in 2005? If so, I totally agree with you about Caroline (and everything else for that matter) being all wrong! I was appalled that she was portrayed that way. Ma would NEVER wear her hair down and loose like that, especially not while travelling. It was after that wagon scene, the one on the river, that I stopped watching. In the beginning I had every intention of sticking through the entire mini-series, but I just couldn't watch something that was so irritation and so WRONG.

catsmeow3

[30]Apr 19, 2009
    Yes, the very same one. Ma and Laura had blond hair, how wrong is that? That's the problem with movies made today, they have to interject current culture and issues, if Ma doesn't look like the latest model from Vogue, they figure people won't watch. A talented little actor like Melissa Gilbert today would be passed over because of looks alone, it's a shame.

lhotpdisney

[31]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    It is i had originaly seen that and when i saw it again, i had to watch a real LHOTP episode. I agree about Melissa Gilbert too and alot ofother little housers

sisterdorito

[32]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 4
    I agree with all of you. I sat through all 6 hours...and was sadly disappointed. There were so many scenes from the book that were done just...wrong! The scene when they're all sick and ma asks Laura to get the water for Mary. In the book, it's so touching the way Jack comes to her aid and supports her while she crawls across the floor to get the water to Mary. Also, after the river crossing where Jack goes missing, Charles was a lot more regretful and even told Laura that if he had known the river was running that deep and that fast he would have let Jack on the wagon. The LHOP pilot was a much better version. I don't know why they had to draw it out for 6 hours...it didn't take that wrong to read the book!

snake63

[33]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 20
    They have every right to change their schedule. Little House needs a break.

DrCook920

[34]Apr 27, 2009
    While they (Hallmark) certainly have the right to change their schedule at anytime, they also have a responsibility to provide programming that appeals to their core audience. And because they have been showing LH reruns for so very long their core audience contains a good deal of LH fans. So, it would make sense for the powers that be over at Hallmark to be sure not to make those folks mad or else they lose a large amount of viewership, which is not how you want to go about things in the uber-competitive world of cable TV programming. Which is why the recent removal of LH from the Hallmark schedule was so very brief. Thankfully!

TonyZiva84

[35]May 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    Buy the DVDs. They don't show LHOTP here in Norway. I had to buy all the DVDs. Love the show.

x0x0ilymucho

[36]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    i wish they had little house earlier in the day now from 11 to about 1 i love lucy is playing.i mean dnt get me wrong ilove that show but i cant believe they are airing it for so long! whatever happend to the waltons and family ties?

DrCook920

[37]Jun 26, 2009

I miss the old lineup too. It's very selfish of me to want it to be exaclty the way it was when it was perfect for ME I guess, but that's how I wish it was. 2 hours of LH in the morning that I could have on while I did housework and 2 hours in the afternoon that I could actually watch while my son did his homework and I practiced my knitting. While I'm at it I might as well wish for Hallmark to put Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman back on at 9:00am. That was a nice way to start the day, DQ followed by LH! The gospel channel just started airing it from 5:00-7:00pm, but that's a pretty busy time around here and I don't get to watch much TV after the 4:00 LH.

I guess I should be grateful that it's back on at all, right?

millerem99

[38]Jun 27, 2009
    DrCook920 wrote:

I miss the old lineup too. It's very selfish of me to want it to be exaclty the way it was when it was perfect for ME I guess, but that's how I wish it was. 2 hours of LH in the morning that I could have on while I did housework and 2 hours in the afternoon that I could actually watch while my son did his homework and I practiced my knitting. While I'm at it I might as well wish for Hallmark to put Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman back on at 9:00am. That was a nice way to start the day, DQ followed by LH! The gospel channel just started airing it from 5:00-7:00pm, but that's a pretty busy time around here and I don't get to watch much TV after the 4:00 LH.

I guess I should be grateful that it's back on at all, right?

As of last Wednesday and the birth of my first, I am now officially a stay-at-home mom and I was really hoping Hallmark would have a good summer lineup! I'm thankful that they have LHOP on at 3 and 4 p.m. EST but I agree about Lucy -- that's a show that (for me) gets old fast and while two episodes back-to-back would be fine, why they need to run SIX and then SIX episodes of M*A*S*H during primetime blows my mind...there are plenty of other great vintage shows to choose for their programming [sigh]. Oh, well...at least it inspires me to clean more

DrCook920

[39]Jun 27, 2009
    Congratulations!

millerem99

[40]Jun 29, 2009
    Thanks!