do any of you have autographs of any cast members?

nowirehangers

[1]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    I asked Katherine MacGregor (Mrs Olsen)for one a yr or so ago (included an index card in a s.a.s.e. ) and she sent it back signed and w/a drawing of herself yelling NELLS! I will treasure it always. That was so cool of her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catsmeow3

[2]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 13
    No, but I met and partied with Tracie Savage (Christie Kennedy) in the 80's before I was a Prairie fan, I think I was even rude to her, my bad.

millerem99

[3]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 51
    Really? That's pretty wild....how did that come about, and what was she like?

catsmeow3

[4]Jul 22, 2007
    I can't remember a whole lot about it, I was introduced to her, either at a party or a bar here in Calif.
    I sat down next to her she told me she was an actress and had played Christy
    on LH and was also a journalist, and I totally shrugged her off, like LHOTP
    -BIG deal, I was so smug! She was getting ready to go to Atlanta for the Olympics
    (so I guess it was 96' not in the 80's), she had
    an Olympic torch in her bag with her, and showed it to us, I don't know if she was running
    in it or covering the games. She was being nice and friendly, but I was rude to her, and that's
    not like me. Of course I'd have a hundred questions for her today.

millerem99

[5]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 51

It's cool that you met her, though. If you live in CA maybe you will run into her or another LHOP personality again!

I was only in junior high when Michael Landon passed away, but I can remember so clearly standing in line at the supermarket and seeing the tabloid headlines about him and I recall just being incredibly sad how quickly it happened. If I could have met anyone from the show, he'd be the one...I remember seeing bloopers and hearing commentary on how he had the best sense of humor and was just so much fun.

I would have also liked to have met Victor French.

JediSnoopy

[6]Aug 10, 2007

Is there a website that would provide addresses to which to write these celebrities and ask for autographs? I am considering putting together an album of Little House autographs for my grandmother as a present. She and I are fans of all things Laura and love the show.

catsmeow3

[7]Aug 10, 2007

http://www.prairiefans.com/. then mercantile>autographs

And of course eBay.

heavenprincess

[8]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I met Michael Landon and Victor French whenthey were filming highway to heaven, and Melissa Gilbert when she was doing a play so my books have several autographs, I feel very lucky.

ecgirl08

[10]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 57

To JediSnoopy......The Greenbush twins (Carrie), Turnbaugh twins (baby Grace), Charlotte Stewart (Miss Beadle), Karen Grassle (Ma), and Alison Arngrim (Nellie) all have official websites where you can order autographs directly from them. In addition, prairiefans.com has a page where they have fan mail addresses for several cast members. From what I've heard, Hester Sue, Almanzo, Harriet and Nels Oleson are especially good about sending back replies, and some people have had success with Melissa Gilbert, too. Just go to prairiefans.com/information/write to your favorite Little House actor. The site allows visitors to comment directly on which cast members answer fan mail, and which ones don't. Most of them do, so you should be able to get autographs from a good number of them fairly easily.

It's really fun once you get started writing fan letters; so many of the cast members are really friendly and caring toward their fans. Good luck collecting!

Edited on 12/14/2007 12:51pm
    Edited 3 total times.

JediSnoopy

[11]Jun 12, 2010

I want to thank you for your help with this. I received a personalized autograph for my grandmother congratulating her on her 80th birthday from Richard Bull less than a week after sending a request with a s.a.s.e.

Alison's website is very good and very quick about sending out autographs, too.

ecgirl08

[12]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 57

My signed Richard Bull photo is my favorite autograph in my collection. He seems like such a genuine and wonderful guy, just like his character. I really admire him.

I've alsoheard that a lot of people write to Lucy Lee Flippin (Eliza Jane), too, and she is really good about replying. Same with Charlotte Stewart (Miss Beadle). I might have to try writing to them at some point...

JediSnoopy

[13]Jun 14, 2010

I may try that as well. Today, notes from Katherine MacGregor and Dean Butler arrived with birthday greetings for Grandma. Little House people are the best people in the world!