whos dead? whos alive?

azn2o6

[1]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    which cast of this show is now dead and still alive? i know the doc is dead because of cancer.. R.I.P

but yeah back to topic which ones dead and alive?

and is this the show that had the episode of this bully kid who almost makes a teacher quit from talking back and breaking her chair? and the kids make the son turn to a werewolf to scare him in to apologizing to the teacher?
    Edited on 02/21/2006 9:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

paladin7485

[2]Feb 21, 2006
    That was a good episode. Its probably easier in telling who died as a majority of the actors/actresses are still alive.
    Michael Landon (Charles Ingalls) died on July 1, 1991 from cancer.
    Victor French (Mr. Edwards) died on June 15, 1989 from cancer.
    I believe Dr. Baker died a few years back. Richard Bull (Nels Olsen) is alive and well as I correspond with him several times a year.

Melissa Gilbert (Laura Ingalls), Jonathan Gilbert (Willie Olsen) are brother and sister and they are well. Sarah Gilbert is their sister too from Roseanne. All of them are still alive. Everyone else is alive that I'm aware of. Many of the credits dont depict the actual stars of the show and many are missing. Most of them have disappeared from the screen over the years.

laurameyer

[3]Feb 23, 2006
    • level: 58
    paladin7485 wrote:
    That was a good episode. Its probably easier in telling who died as a majority of the actors/actresses are still alive.
    Michael Landon (Charles Ingalls) died on July 1, 1991 from cancer.
    Victor French (Mr. Edwards) died on June 15, 1989 from cancer.
    I believe Dr. Baker died a few years back. Richard Bull (Nels Olsen) is alive and well as I correspond with him several times a year.

Melissa Gilbert (Laura Ingalls), Jonathan Gilbert (Willie Olsen) are brother and sister and they are well. Sarah Gilbert is their sister too from Roseanne. All of them are still alive. Everyone else is alive that I'm aware of. Many of the credits dont depict the actual stars of the show and many are missing. Most of them have disappeared from the screen over the years.

Give Richard Bull our best.

piggie8

[4]Feb 24, 2006
    • level: 19
    paladin7485 wrote:
    Richard Bull (Nels Olsen) is alive and well as I correspond with him several times a year.

Oh my gosh! I love him! If it's possible, will you tell him that Candy said hi and that he was my favorite on LHOTP? Sorry, thanks! I think that's so awesome.

paladin7485

[5]Feb 25, 2006
    He was one of my favorites as well and still is! Email me and I'll give you his addy.

port5170

[6]Mar 5, 2006
    • level: 12
    paladin7485 wrote:
    He was one of my favorites as well and still is! Email me and I'll give you his addy.

thats really cool. I wouldn't mind having it either, can you PM me

Lammie123

[7]Mar 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    I heard that Steve Tracy (Percival) died of Aids in the 1980's...you can also check on the 'status' of pretty much any celebrity at dead or alive.com, or something like that. It's where I go whan I want to know who's still around! Hope I was helpful...this is my first post!

paladin7485

[8]Mar 23, 2006
    Havent heard about Percival. Then again he wasnt a main character on the show. Ive been using Deadoralive.com for years myself. Seems like its not being updated enough though. Some big celebrities have died and the site doesnt even have them listed under any category.

DMXDAVE1

[9]Apr 9, 2006
    • level: 1
    Can someone please find out which Season and Episode that Michael Landon actually dies. In this episode on tv, Michael Landon gave a note to the Pastor to have people remember him without tears and he recited The Lord Is Our Shepherd" with the cast sobbing silently at the cemetery.

cstam1

[10]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    The episode you are referring to was "Remember me" from season two. It was a 2 parter and it was the Widow Sanderson who dies not Charles Ingalls. I think it was Charles to whom the note was given and it was him I believe who presided over her funeral. Charles Ingalls was in the series until season 9 episode 1 "Times are Changing" when he moves his family to the city.

jcar03

[11]Apr 22, 2006
    • level: 46

DMXDAVE1 wrote:
    Can someone please find out which Season and Episode that Michael Landon actually dies. In this episode on tv, Michael Landon gave a note to the Pastor to have people remember him without tears and he recited The Lord Is Our Shepherd" with the cast sobbing silently at the cemetery.

Charles never died during the run of the series he was in the last episode.  The last season though the show revolved around Laura and Almonzo and Charles and Caroline had moved away.   

Cearra214

[12]May 24, 2006
    • level: 16
    You can also go to the site www.findagrave.com And click on posthumous reunions. It shows all the shows that the actors/actresses played in that have passed away.

ivory978

[13]Jul 12, 2006
    "Remember Me" was actually read by Melissa Gilbert at Michael Landon's funeral in 1991..."Remember me with smiles and laughter,for that is how I will remember you all.If you can only remember me with tears,then don't remember me at all."

dandeer

[14]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    Karl Swenson , who played Mr. Lars Hanson, the founder of Walnut Grove. He passed away in Oct. 1978.

jknappfan

[15]Aug 12, 2006
    paladin7485 wrote:

Oh me too, me too! I LOVE Richard Bull!!! I was just searching for information about his wellbeing!

jknappfan

[16]Aug 12, 2006
    paladin7485 wrote:
    Havent heard about Percival. Then again he wasnt a main character on the show. Ive been using Deadoralive.com for years myself. Seems like its not being updated enough though. Some big celebrities have died and the site doesnt even have them listed under any category.

Yes, he died just a few years after the series. Allison Arngrim (Nellie) is a spokesperson for the AIDS foundation on his behalf.

jknappfan

[17]Aug 12, 2006
    paladin7485 wrote:

Yes, he died just a few years after the series ended.
    Allison Arngrim (Nellie) is a spokesperson for the AIDS foundation on his behalf.

JediSnoopy

[18]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 13

Moses Gunn, who played Joe Kagen, has passed on, likewise Kevin Hagen.  Dabbs Greer is alive as of the last I saw him on tv (He can be seen as an old bar patron on an episode of "Roseanne", if you can believe that) and did an episode of "Lizzie McGuire".

Ketty Lester is still living, but Dub Taylor ("Houston Lamb") died in 1994. 

robinepowell

[19]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 63

I guess not too many people know that Michael Landing went on to do another TV show, with Victor French of course, Highway to Heaven.  He played an angel sent down to help others and Victor was a mere human friend sort of like a sidekick.

Here's something a lot of people don't know.  Linwood Bloomer, who played Mary's husband Adam, he was the creator of Malcolm in the Middle.   I don't know if he was executive producer or anything else but the show was loosely based on his stories.

emilyrox

[20]Oct 29, 2006
    ms. olsen died about the same time as Michael landing died

and Melissa Gilbert (Laura Ingalls)& Jonathan Gilbert (Willie Olsen) are the only ones that went to all the actor that died furanla but Melissa was the only one that went to michael Landing's