Little House on the Prairie

Fred

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Nov 29, 1976 on NBC

6.8
  • Doing some work for some neighbours, Laura ends up with a goat as payment.

Another episode that I found quite a little bit dull but I think the reason for that is because I almost always consider the episodesof this show to be of such a high standard that when I see one that doesn't quite seem to fir the bill and be as good, or even as excellent as others, I notice it immediately.

For me, this was one of those episodes which just didn't seem to strike an interesting note as Laura does quite a bit of work for some neighbours and ends up with a nasty old goat called Fred as payment for her labours. Of course, there were some funny moments and somemoving ones as well, but it just didn't seem to gell properly as a script overall,noe engage my interest much, which is why I have given it a low score. The saving grace for me was the acting which, as usual, was excellent.
  • Laura Ingalls adopts a billy goat and the goat just causes trouble.

5.7
    Don't expect any tears falling at all during this comedic little house farce. Unfortunately, this is one of my least favorite episodes in the series and considering there are gobs of them, that is saying a lot! It's comedic nature of a troublesome billy goat just seems totally out of place from the norm from what we see on the show. Some funny moments of Charles, Dr. Baker, Mr. Edwards and Harriet Olsen getting tormented by the goat and some nice funny bits througout the show will certainly keep the kids entertained. But the adults might want to look to turn the channel when this one comes on. Skip this one.