Little House on the Prairie

Home Again (Part 1)

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Feb 07, 1983 on NBC

• At first you have to know that this episode was made to warn kids about drugs.

In the beginning I had a hard time figuring out how in the world it could happen that is was Albert going so wrong. Yes, he was a troubled kid who didn`t know any love until he met the Ingalls family, but seemed to grow up as a boy with a good hart. After they moved to the city live changed for Albert. His younger brother and sisters went to another school then he did, his mother was working during the days and his father worked so hard he almost never was around. His friends were gone, no one to hang out with, no place for fishing or sports. This boy, who was always brave enough to go away when he figured out he had to, was still the boy who was so afraid of being left. And now he felt left and lonely. He started to hang out with a gang...
    The behaving of Albert hurts his family very deeply. His father lost his job and had no other choice then to bring the boy back to Walnut Grove where he once seemed to be so happy, in the hope the boy turns around.
    Heartbreaking is when Charles admits to his friend mr. Edwards that he and his family needs peace so much that sometimes he wishes the boy just would go away.
  • a

My love, I have tried with all my being
    to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
    but nothing seems worthy;

I know now why Shakespeare could not
    compare his love to a summer’s day.
    It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
    of such a creature as thee,
    to simply cast away the precision
    God had placed in forging you.

Each facet of your being
    whether it physical or spiritual
    is an ensnarement
    from which there is no release.
    But I do not wish release.
    I wish to stay entrapped forever.
    With you for all eternity.
    Our hearts, always as one.