Little House on the Prairie

Little Girl Lost

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Oct 18, 1976 on NBC

6.9
  • In this episode "Caroline Ingall"'s role is amazing.

In so many other episodes, Caroline's character is sweet, faithful, kind, caring, etc. She plays a great and important role, but there isn't always a lot of depth. Once in a while she loses her composure a bit with Mrs. Oleson, but it isn't as though she really goes off on her. This episode, however, we really get to see the actress' ability. She portrayed the role so intensely, I felt like it was really happening. She goes through so many emotions,unfairly blaming Miss Beadle to immediately turning her anger back onto herself. Watching her, exhausted, calling to Carrie, so desperate for an answer...seeing her working the billows when she was so tired she could scarcely move...hearing her declare Carrie was sleeping, that's why she wasn't answering. The emotions were raw and very real. When she learns the hole caved in and it was hopeless, watching her collapse to the ground, spreading herself out at the spot Carrie fell, as though she could somehow "hug" the ground and, thus Carrie, it was very, very moving. I cried and cried because I could feel her anguish. Kudos to Karen for her portrayal.
INSP