Little House on the Prairie

Episode 0

Look Back to Yesterday

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Dec 12, 1983 on NBC

• Why kill off Albert?

This was the most foolish and second saddest story from Michael Landon. Granted the Albert character was not from the Little House books but at the end of Home Again Albert Ingalls returns to Walnut Grove as a Doctor to give him a happy ending. But it was not to be cause Albert is going to die and Walnut Grove destroyed.
  • With the series losing a bit of steam at the end of Season 9, it ends with a silent whimper with the loss of Albert Ingalls in this very painful to watch episode.

Matthew Laborateux struts more of his acting skills in this season finale before the final episode. Charles Ingalls and Albert return one last time to Walnut Grove bringing a some final brillance to this long going series that just seems to keep going. Albert is stricken with an uncurable blood disease and given only a short time to live. You hate to see a character (at least I do) like Albert go like this, but it just makes you want to go back and see how it all got started. This major tear jerking episode will glue you to the screen and the amazing acting of Michael Landon is the icing on the cake. This 2 hour episode is sorely missing Karen Grassle (Caroline) and Katherine MacGregor (Harriet Olesen), but thanks to Melissa Gilbert, Dean Butler, Richard Bull, Victor French and Dabbs Greer, this brings back the tearjerks of the older episodes. Although the storyline of losing Albert is a grim one, it's still a brilliant ending to one of the best shows ever made for TV.
  • (see previous summaries)

A MUST SEE!!!

\\\"Albert\\\" really is always an enjoyable character to watch. He added so much to the show. I was very surprised how this ended up turning out. I have never read the book & I wonder how close this is to the book. Another tear-jerker to start my morning...and yes, a full 2-hour-episode. A nice surprise on my DVR.

Also the sub-plot was a weird tie-in but still effective an d entertaining. I liked the story itself but the two, coupled together seemed a bit distracting. Just a thought but not that big of a deal; you may not even notice. It was a completely shocking and worderfly done episode. A very touching ending.