Little House on the Prairie

Remember Me (1)

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Nov 05, 1975 on NBC

• Doc Baker tells the widowed Julia Sanderson that she doesn't have long to live. Her only concern is her three young children.

Julia Sanderson is a widow with three lovely children and she is justifiably proud of them all. When Doc Baker tells her that she is terminally ill, her only thought is to find a loving home for them all. She enlists the help of Charles and the congregation of the Walnut Grove church to help her.

Trouble begins when it is realised that Julia's time is shorter than was first thought and, to add to that, people who wish to adopt the children only want either the two boys or the little girl, not all three.

When Julia dies, Charles is determined to honour his promise to her and find a home for all three chldren together. The proves more and more difficult as time passes.
  • An im portahnt episode

Hello everybody! This crucial episode begins with Laura and Mary (in braids a real shocker) saving drowning puppies. Those puppies symbolize Julia Sanderson's children, John JR, Carl and Alicia. Julia is a widow who finds out she's dying. She asks how little she has so she can make the most of it. She tells her children and it is just an incredibly sad scene. She asks Charles, a giver to the community and well trusted, to find a good home for her children. The last scene is her funeral where she says in an over voice, "Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all." This is only the first part of a two parter.
INSP