Little House on the Prairie

NBC (ended 1983)

millerem99

Little House on the Prairie Fan Reviews (68)

• I Love Little House!

Little House on the Prairie is the best show a person could watch. Although it doesnt portray and go along with the books exactly, it has many wonderful messages. Michael Landon was an amazing man with amazing talent. The actors on the show were all wonderful and really brought their characters to life. My favorite characters on the show were Charles, Laura, Nels, Carrie, and especially Albert. Although Albert was a made up character, I am glad that Michael Landon decided to add him. I think it showed that Charles could have an amazing relationship with both a daughter and a son. Also Charles was able to have the son he always wanted. Matthew Laboryteaux did a great job as Albert. My favorite television line of all time is still the scene where Albert is sick in A Look Back to Yesterday and is told he is going to die and Charles wants to take him back to Burr Oak, Iowa to be with his Ma, brother, and sisters but Albert tells him that he doesnt want them to watch him die and that Walnut Grove was the first place that he felt like he had a family that loved him and that his best memories happened there and he says. "Take me home Pa. Take me back to Walnut Grove. I became Albert Ingalls That line still makes me tear up. Overall a great show to watch with the family!!
  • outstanding program

For me, Little House on the Prairie would be the best family show of all time! This was a show that was way better and way focus than the other family shows ever aired in the television. Among the TV series I've seen before, Little House on the Prairie deal with matters that were too concentrated for a family show and it shows in the entire episodes. Because of my love for this show, I purchased a DVD copy from http://www.sweetsecondlife.com/Little-House-On-The-Prairie-Dvd-Full.html . Very steadfast seller because they shipped my order in a prompt manner! When I checked the DVDs, it has good quality and complete episodes. I'm so thankful that I could see this show again because Little House on the Prairie is such a great TV show is a very outstanding program.
  • Great sentiment even though it strays from her memoirs

Yes! I love this show as many of the other reviewers have said. But anyone wanting to know some interesting facts check this out: ***WARNING SPOILER FOR LAURA INGALLS WILDER BOOK SERIES*** 1st off there are no direct descendents of Charles Ingalls and Caroline Quiner Ingalls. The line stopped with Rose, Laura Ingalls daughter who gave birth to one child that did not live. Carry would marry and have step children but never any children of her own and neither did Grace. As for Mary, well there was no Adam and no husband at all. Mary wound up being a spinster who lived much of her adult life with her younger sister Carry. Mary, like the show, in real life was blind. Nellie Olsen wasn't really Nellie Olsen. She was one character made out of a few of the "bully" type girls that Laura had known growing up in the different regions. Last but not least...there was NO Albert! He is completely fictional as are Cassandra and James. Crazy isn't?? It is one thing to meander into different story lines that may not be exactly accurate but the writers of this show actually invented people. Not that they are the only ones to have done that. Well, hope you enjoyed some of these real life facts.
  • The best show ever!

Hello! Little House On The Prairie is my all time favorite television show of like all time and has so many great things about it. The characters all have so much personality and uniqueness to them. It truly amazes me. The characters are so great; I do not even have a favorite. Also, the plot is very good for majority of the episodes. My friend used to hate it but now, she to loves it. Little house on the prairie is the best show ever and it is based on the series of books by my favorite author! The cast does a stupendous job and I absolutely love this show.
  • I hope Little House returns some day maybe as a 2 hour movie Using all the Little House Stars that a are still alive.

I wish they would bring Little House On The Prairie back on T.V. some day & all the former Little House On The Prairie actors and actress could return to Little House where ever they moved to after the last show.Here are some hints
    Laura & Carrie could be both Teachers Albert could be a doctor. The Olson\\\'s could be running a store and Willie and Rachel running the restaurant.Mrs Foster could be running the post office Nancy the switch board. Caroline and Hester Sue could be working at Willie and Rachel\\\'s restaurant. Albert could be married to Belinda Stevens.
  • Awesome classic show

I just moved to my area and I haven't been able to find the re-runs of Little House on The Prairie! I am so disappointed. Doesn't matter how many times I've watched the show, I still enjoy watching it over and over again in re-runs. I think this is a classic show and needs to be kept on the air. Good wholesome show for the family. My kids enjoy watching this. Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert are awesome. All the cast is, but those two especially.

Bring it back! DishTV doesn't have any listings on their line-up! This is not good!
  • I have the complete series on DVD...

When I was 11, I was totally obsessed with Little House on the Prairie, so for Christmas that year, my folks got me the complete series on DVD. But in September of that same year, I had discovered Naruto which led me to discover more anime, so I unintentionally forgot all about Little House. I still love anime more than ever, but I have recently rekindled my love fo Little House as well. I watch it a lot in the mornings on the Hallmark Channel, and occasionally in the afternoons when I'm waiting for M*A*S*H to come on. I think my favorite would have to be either Adam, even though his character never existed in reality, or Mr. Oleson, just because I sympathize with him. I've always hated Mrs. Oleson, just because she's evil and will never change. Nellie was a brat at first, but she shaped up after she married Percival, who I also adore. Willie was sort of a brat, but really just a typical little boy. But he got really handsome when he got into his teen years, and unfortunately for me got married... T_T But the guy who plays him is almost 40 now. YUCK! I don't date old people.
  • Little House on the Prairie was a TV show that was filled with morals that continue to teach many children great lessons.

When I was a young child, I always looked forward to getting home after school to be able to watch old reruns of Little House on the Prairie. Honestly, I believe that as I matured, this show helped me in some ways to be a better person, as I was raised in a household with alcoholic parents with no morals. The lessons that this show taught were not only heartfelt, but meaningful. Although our society will never ever go back to the way things were done in the era that this show was set, it can bring to the forefront many things that we tend to forget. Like children being bullied by other children, or abused by their parents. Watching the lessons unfold for a character on the show that was caught stealing or being disrespectful to their parent(s) or an elder were interesting and thought-provoking. All in all, this show should be watched by young adolescents who want to know how people should interact with another and be successful in personal relationships, particularly when it comes to husband and wife relations, or parent/child relationships. I know that it taught me several lessons that I still think back to to this very day. My friends and I would discuss the show the next day on the bus or on the playground and the way things may have went down, and how it made us feel. This is a great show and I bought the books that inspired the show for my daughter when she was 13, and she still reads them at 16.
  • The fictionalized tale of the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder as she grows up in the prairie wilds of Minnesota.

This is quite possibly one of the best, and most enduring television series ever. The appeal of a wholesome family show that is still exciting and adventurous is universal.
    It has a little something for everyone; drama, suspense, humor, adventure, and even romance.
    I loved this show when I was a girl and I love it just as much today. The writing was good. There were glitches, many historical inaccuracies along the way, but the stories were solid and interesting. One week you're reaching for the Kleenex and the next you're falling out of the recliner laughing. It kept you coming back to see what would happen next. Many of the stories were sad, but there was an underlying message of faith in God and family in many of them. How it must have been so back then on the prairie.
    The actors are forever immortalized in these roles. Can anyone say 'Michael Landon' and not picture him in Pa's hat? He was so good in that role. Karen Grassle was the perfect choice for Caroline-she just radiated love for her family. I could go on and on; Melissa Gilbert, Victor French, Scottie MacGregor,Allison Arngrim-they were just the best cast on a show at that time.
    The best episodes are surely in the first half of the series, but my personal favorites can mostly be found in Seasons 6 and 7. The romance of Laura and Almanzo, though not anything like the way it was historicall, enthralled me.
    The later episodes became cluttered with too many children and some far-fetched story lines, but I still watched. One of my favorite later episodes is actually "May I Have This Dance" which was to be the last but one of the series. It was satisfying to see Willie grown up and standing up to his mother!
    But either early or late in the run, most of the shows were well written and performed and continue to be viewed by millions of fans today.
  • Based on a true story of Laura ingalls Wilder. It is base on her book series the Little House.

I really enjoy watching this show. It's such a classic. And I was born while the show was still airing. It's a good christain show based on the life of Laura ingalls wilder. The only thing I didn't like the show was bringing in Adam and Albert who were not real people. And I hated when they tell story that are not true like Mary getting Marrey, when that is false to the real life Mary Ingalls. In a way it's a great show, it had alot of great episode and I enjoy watching it. It's a good show for the whole family.
  • This long running TV drama is about a family living in the 1800's.Based upon the series written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Set in Walnut Grove, Minnesota, Charles and Caroline Ingalls raise they're children Laura,Mary,Carrie,Albert,Grace,James and Cassandra

Little house on the Prairie is one of my favorite shows. Being younger I only have had the opportunity to watch re-runs. I wish they could bring it back. My parents have watched this show,and I believe people of all ages could enjoy this show. This show has great values, and teaches many very important lessons for children,and adults. This show is timeless and I enjoy watching it as much as I enjoy reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. Almost every night i watch this show along with my friends, and we talk about the episodes the next day. I give it two thumbs up!
  • Awesome!

I love this show. Before I always thought it was a sissy show but after my brothers started to watch it, it stole my heart. It is now my favorite show. But I think that they should have kept the whole Ingalls family in the last 2 seasons, I still love Laura and Almonzo, but did love the Ingalls family. Then again if that's the way it happend, then that's the way it happend. This is one of the best shows on tv. So cute, touching, loving, some action and it's hilarious! I'd recommend this to anyone I know. My favorite character is ( of course ) Laura. She is the girl you always dream of being. They certainly casted it right. You actualy believe that you are watching it happen right before your eyes. But there is one down side to this show, her name is Harriet Olseon. Sometimes I just want to jump into the tv and tell her off. My favorite episode is "I Do, Again" it's so heart warming and Laura announces she's pregnat! My second favorite one is "Stone Soup" My second favorite character is Willie Olseon(when he's older and more mature).

Very cool show! Two Thumbs up!
  • Great family show!

Little House is a great program with morals and family values. It's refreshing to see a good wholesome show like this on the air in today's twisted world. The program still stands the test of time and new generations of young people are growing up with it.

The show is based on the series of books by Laura Ingalls-Wilder about her life on the praire. Michael Landon took the stories to another level and immortalized the Ingalls family in TV history. We watch Laura grow up from a child to a mother. From a little girl who couldn't read or write, to a teacher and author. Some episodes are funny and amusing, others are serious and sad.

I don't think this show has ever been off the air. The reruns are going strong and I, for one, never get tired of watching them.

• this is about afamily who lived in the big woods and family meant everything to them

this family lived in the big woods and had many hard times and good times finally they needed to move on and find a place where they could find a new place to live that the harvest would be good so they moved on and of course had to leave some family behind and of course in there new place met many new friends and they had a better harvest but also still had hard times and many years of suffering but the family always stayed to gether and helped each other
  • One of my all time favorites

This is a great show. Some parrts were off the true thing, But this show I S a classic. Its great for the family and There are some more sodramatic episodes like \"He was only twelve\" or \" Home again\" . The cast was great and made the show even more enjoyable.
  • A wholesome family show, based on a series of books. Stories of life, love, and lessons abound from Walnut Grove.

I recently rediscovered the joy in watching this show. I was looking through the channels for something that the whole family could watch together. Not an easy feat these days. I came across a \"little House On The Prairie\" marathon.
    I was quickly whisked away to the olden days in Walnut Grove. I jumped back into the Ingalls daily lives, without missing a beat. Explaining the characters to them along the way. Soon, my girls became engrossed in the magic of Walnut Grove.
    Life was simple then. You worked a long hard day, and the family pitched in when needed. The Ingalls always extended a helping hand to those in need, without thinking twice. There were the town snobs, drunks, gossips,& bullies. The Ingalls taught their girls to treat all of them with respect and kindness.
    The episodes are all woven together, into a wonderful series. The people are all memorable, no matter the story line.
    I wish there was a show that was comparable on television today, but until then, I will gladly rewatch the episodes I grew up on again, and again.
  • This show is so Wonderful

This show is so wonderful. It made me laugh and made me cry, also made me imagin what my life could be like if I lived back then. This long lasting show to me should be counted as one of the greatest shows ever on tv. Today I still watch this show when ever I have a chance.
  • One of the best television shows to grace our TVs!!!

What can i say about this show? It was simply wonderful. The casting was fantastic and the storylines were interesting. It was one of my favorite childhoo television shows. Not only was it clean and wholesome, it was very educational. I learned a lot of lessons in life just by watching Laura Ingalls Wilder experiencing them. I hope that they continue to air this show.
  • The original is always the best ...

They have recently released another adaptation of Laura Ingalls-Wilder's beloved books, but I feel nothing beats Michael Landon's 1970s classic series.

So often these TV adaptations can be a major disappointment, but this lovely series remains true to the spirit of the books while expanding the characters and introducing new themes and storylines. It was beautifully done, and something that I hope to watch with my children one day.
  • One of the best classics on TV at all times

Its good for all ages even the young ones because it teaches lessons or encourage family togetherness. its really good becuse its almost based on Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. It have drama, comedy, tragic, and religious, and most of all, reality because it shows how real people can react in the real world and teach us how things can happen for a reason.
  • This show rocks! It ran for TEN seasons and was the best show of the seventies and eighties!

This show is the bomb! My favotite actors were Melissa Gilbert and Melissa Sue Anderson, along with Katherine Mcregor and Michael Landon! This show is such an influence to people with problems. I watch this show every chance I get! Although the show doesn\'t really partain to the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, it still is a heart-warmer!
  • The best!!!

I really love this show. It gives a good message to people, not like stupid shows such as Friends, who hang at Central Perk. They don't even work?!? I never was into the series until I watched this. Awesome!! I know that it will be a favorite among generations. Infact, if most of the cast members weren't dead, it would be back by popular demand. Forget that! They should do a new Little House. One with new cast members, based on Laura Ingalls Wilder series.
  • Wonderful and heartful

Little House on the Praire is the Best TV show ever. It's heartwarming, loving, enjoyable a show for the entire family, it's rewarding. there is nothing no-one ever could say bad about this show. everybody can learn something from every episode ever made. It's the Best show ever put on TV. No TV show could ever repace this one. or compare to it. The writers were brillant and apparently has a big heart.
  • Ah, Little House, a great hour of Television.

Little House on the Prairie, my absolutely favorite TV show of all time. The characters are real and engaging and the storylines are mostly superb. I love how it looks at one family and the people around them and the pioneer period. I came onto this show late. Being only 19, I caught this show one summer about 2 years ago. My favorite characters are Albert and Mary. My least favorite would have to be Almanzo and Eliza Jane. I think its great how David Rose has a musical theme for most of the main characters.

My few complaints about this show are that people came and went and seemingly disapeared. The Garvey's for example. In "Look Back to Yesterday" (best epsidoe by the way) Laura makes it seem as if they had never really talked about them at all. I also did not like how the Edwards divorced and that Mary's baby died. While a good plot device it always seemed so unfair that Laura got everything and Mary's life well....sucked. Carrie also should of had more storylines and should not have been played so young for so long.

All in all a wonderful, wonderful show!
  • Information on episode airings and marathons.

When I was a small child my mother and I used to watch it, I wasn't all to interested but of course I watched it with her anyways. Well 9 years later, (About a month ago, July 2005.) I discovered that they were playing the episodes on Halmark Channel. It was okay, I watched it but I wasn't totally obsessed. But went Mary went blind I became totally fixed. Now I look at the beggining credits to see if Adam is included in the guest stars section. Then I know Mary and Adam arwe in it so I record it. The only thing that bums me out, is that they sayh their in it but their just in a little 30 second scene, don't get me wrong I love the show but Mary and Adam episodes make them all the more better. Oh and don't forget to watch the Michael Landon 2005 Labor Day weekend marathon. Check here more more info http://www.mortystv.com/landon.shtml . Alright so I'll let you gget on withb your bust internet lives with this closing statemeant.
    My favorite episodes include, I'll be waving as you drive away 1+2, The Wedding, The Sound of Children, and Enchanted Cottage. I havn't seen them all so That's just so far.
  • Wonderful show for the whole family.

This show, based on the books of Laura Ingalls Wilder, was rejected many times, by the networks.
    Thank God for Michael Landon's persistence! He finally got NBC to buy it. And to their surprise, it lasted 10 seasons, even though Mr. Landon took several liberties with the true stories from the books, and re-wrote them for the TV show.
  • One of the best shows ever.

It made you laugh. It made you cry. It made you want to sock that Nellie Oleson right in the eye! (and her adopted sister, Nancy too!) When I was a little girl, in the seventies, I had a t-shirt with a mouse on it who lived in a mushroom house. And it said, “Little Mouse on The Prarie.” I remember watching reruns at my Grandmas house in the eighties. And I’m still watching reruns, having introduced it to my little girl. My favorite season is #6, when Almanzo is introduced and Laura and Nellie fight in the pond. My least favorite season is the last one (yawn).
  • Little House on the Prairie was a true account of a family and a town who worked together in faith.

This show was the absolute best. It was made for family. I grew up with it and now my children are growing up with it. This was a show that was not afraid to show anything...talk of God, emotions from men and women, lessons learned, hard time and good. My biggest fascination with this show is how the families and town worked together to form a stronger unit. Every person can learn a valuable lesson just from watching an episode.
  • In this show we follow the lives of the family Ingalls.

Ahh, I always watched this show when I was little. A really good show, I think, in twenty years people will still watch this show and think it\'s a very good show. I especially remember Laura (the little redhead) and Mary (the blonde), and of course good ol\' Mom and dad.
  • I have never found a show like this one! I have the DVD set and watch them all the time :)

I'm so happy they brought this show to Hallmark. I love it when I have the day off from work and I can lay on the couch and watch the Ingalls! It's such a heartfelt and inspiring show that people can't help falling in love with. I grew up watching this show and hope to pass it on to my children some day. I was devasted when Michael Landon passed away, he was one of my favorites on the show. I wanted to spend at least one day in the Ingalls house and sleep in the loft. That looked like so much fun!
< 1 2 3