Little House on the Prairie

NBC (ended 1983)

millerem99

Little House on the Prairie Fan Reviews (68)

• Little House on the Prairie was a TV show that was filled with morals that continue to teach many children great lessons.

When I was a young child, I always looked forward to getting home after school to be able to watch old reruns of Little House on the Prairie. Honestly, I believe that as I matured, this show helped me in some ways to be a better person, as I was raised in a household with alcoholic parents with no morals. The lessons that this show taught were not only heartfelt, but meaningful. Although our society will never ever go back to the way things were done in the era that this show was set, it can bring to the forefront many things that we tend to forget. Like children being bullied by other children, or abused by their parents. Watching the lessons unfold for a character on the show that was caught stealing or being disrespectful to their parent(s) or an elder were interesting and thought-provoking. All in all, this show should be watched by young adolescents who want to know how people should interact with another and be successful in personal relationships, particularly when it comes to husband and wife relations, or parent/child relationships. I know that it taught me several lessons that I still think back to to this very day. My friends and I would discuss the show the next day on the bus or on the playground and the way things may have went down, and how it made us feel. This is a great show and I bought the books that inspired the show for my daughter when she was 13, and she still reads them at 16.