Little House on the Prairie

The Bully Boys

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Dec 06, 1976 on NBC

7.9
  • The Galendar brothers are not exactly the type of people we are used to seeing in Walnut Grove.

4.5
    When the three Galendar brothers arrive in town, Mr.Hansen, Charles, Nels and others go out of their way to make them welcome, extending credit for goods and assisting in a variety of ways. The three repay the generosity of the townsfolk by bulling the children, lying and trying to take liberties with Caroline.

Reverend Alden counsels a 'turn the other cheek' approach which drove me absolutely insane and sent out the wrong message to viewers, particularly young ones and I wasn't at all impressed by that as it seemed that he was condoning their appalling behaviour.

When he finally saw sense, quite a bit of damage had been done and it was a case of too little, too late, so I wasn't impressed with the way this one was handled at all. Also, I remember how difficult Charles found it to settle his family in the town; they were not extended any credit or shown any special favours so this irked me a little as well.

Nor my favourite episode as I didn't like the lack of moral message being sent.