Little House on the Prairie

The In-Laws

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Nov 24, 1980 on NBC

• Almanzo and Charles have become partners on a new business they have started.

As always, the episode is fabulous. It has clever quotes and it is very funny. I've been laughing all the time. This episode has also some very sweet moments, like the part when Almanzo left the poor family to eat or when he met Laura again. In general, Almanzo is so awesome, cute and sweet... especially when he is with Laura! ;) A very pleasant episode to watch.
  • Charles and Almanzo start a freight business to Sleepy Eye and turn their argument about the faster route into a bet.

This is the sort of episode many people would complain did nothing to the running storyline and was just plain silly, but I found it to be very amusing and a ton of fun. I was home sick one day when this was on, and that was the first time I saw the episode. It was a great episode to just make my day and give me something to laugh at. If you like the really sweet scenes, you'll be proud of Almanzo for not taking all the goods away from the starving family. Its just a story of playing tricks on each other and jokes. Silly? Yes. But entertaining? Yes. And it was nice to have small scenes working other characters that aren't as starring in there-- we see Mary, Andy Garvey, and others. I really enjoyed this.