Little House on the Prairie

The Monster Of Walnut Grove

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Nov 01, 1976 on NBC

• There was a nice Halloween theme running through this one and the premise was funny. Unfortunately, for me, the script didn't quite deliver.

Nels is showing off in front of Harriet with a sword when he accidently cuts off the head of an expensive store dummy. Seeing this through the window, Laura is convinced that Mr.Oleson has beheaded his wife! The trouble is, she can't get anybody to believe her but Nellie and Willie certainly have fun stringing her along as THEY are fully aware that their mother is temporarily out of town and go out of their way to encourage Laura's belief that their passive, gentle father has committed murder!

Nels was funny her in several places, as was Harriet, but there was something wrong with the script for me and that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Good work from all the youngsters, though.
  • very funny

being a halloween episode i found that this episode was hilarious especially the scene when mr oleson chops the manicans head off and laura thought it was mrs oleson also when nellie and willie find sauce on mrs olesons apron which they mistake for blood when they finally find out what it is they decide to play a mean trick on laura and carl. At the end laura throws the manicans head down the stairs at nellie and willie...Needless to say nellie and willie are terrified...Just a funny episode... a must watch for little house fans. this goes in my top 10 episodes
INSP