Little House on the Prairie

The Older Brothers

Aired Wednesday 12:00 AM Jan 17, 1983 on NBC

2.1
  • Certainly not normal LHOP fare.

6.2
    Although I will be the first to admit this was not the usual thought-provoking, heartwarming episode we normally get with LHOTP, I didn't think it was terrible either. It was slapstick comedy, for sure. However, I thought given that's what it was supposed to be, it was rather cute. I thought everyone did a good job playing their particular role, esp. the three Younger brothers. No, it didn't leave you any real life lessons, but it was a funny change of pace. I enjoyed watching it (though I certainly wouldn't want too many episodes like that one.) Basically the episode was about three outlaws that, in their younger days, were feared. However, after serving 20 years is jail and aging, they've gotten a tad rusty. Anxious to rebuild their reputation as a force to be reckoned with, they have one mishap after another after another. The bottom line was they were either too old now, or perhaps they were simply a legend in their own minds only and never were all that great, it's hard to say. Whatever the case, they certainly weren't having any luck being outlaws now. Nothing went right. It was very "Three Stooges" set in the old west type of atmosphere. I think the actors did well playing their parts. Had they not, it would have been a pretty dull episode. Given they were good, it made it fun (for me anyway) to watch.
INSP