New Reverend - spoiler of sorts

burnout135

[1]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 10

I just have to say that I hate the character. He's a bad Christian caring more for his advancement than for his flock. An enemy of Islam not because of ignorance (a source for humour) or heartfelt doctrinal arguments (educational) but due to his arrogance (which is worthless).

It's not funny and watching him put one over on the 'naive' (ex-lawyer) Amaar weekly is painful to watch.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 71
    Here's the thing though....Thorne was brought in to provide conflict and that is where the elements of good comedy can be found. I really liked Magee over Thorne but something had to change. They've dulled down Fred Tupper over the past few seasons for an edge and the show was starting to sag quite a bit especially with way too much time spent on the JJ-Amaar-Rayyan stuff last year.

I'm not saying Thorne is great so far but given the season, he'll help the show more than hurt it, IMO.

catwoman77

[3]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 9

I can't stand the character of the new reverend either. I cringe every time he's in a scene. He seems like an imposter anyway; what kind of reverend acts in such a selfish way. Magee is sorely missed.

I like Baber the best and his relationship with his daughter Laila.

The show is getting really dumb, with an emphasis on broad comedy. It should just stick to exploring the various relationships between the central characters.

Edited on 11/15/2009 10:01pm

TwilighterITASA

[4]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 3
    I totally agree. I hate Rev. Thorne, and Amaar is so naive that he makes me nervous.

dtimekeeper

[5]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 6
    The show is so asinine now with the Reverend, and the silly plots that aren't funny except to children maybe. It used to be such a funny, witty, well written show, one only has to look to season one for good examples. Now I can't stand to watch any episodes anymore, especially with the introduction of the new Reverend. Plot conflicts must be done right, not just sticking in a brash character and making them act like juveniles.

lare84

[6]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 38
    I agree too, but it doesn't make much difference to me because I hated the show before and didn't think it was funny or interesting at all, the only difference now is that I think it is even worse! The only good thing before was Rev. Magee I like that actor.

klgrndw

[7]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 2

I found Thorne really grew on me this last season. And I was probably his number one hater before that. I think TPTB saw the error of their ways and fixed the character - he's still flawed, but now he's the underdog and there's been some pure comic gold. Some of the best lines from this past season were Thorne's. I also loved his interaction with Magee about being Amaar's "best man". In the final episode, I find it ironically fitting that Thorne saves the day, and in keeping with LMOTP's style follows it up with saying he realizes the irony in that! I can't wait for next season - 13 episodes is just not enough!!!

SylviaAS

[8]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 13
    yep i stopped watching for a bit due to thorne, he's like a fake jon cleese but nowhere near as funny - bring back mcgee