Little Mosque on the Prairie

CBC (ended 2012)

maritimer00

Little Mosque on the Prairie Fan Reviews (18)

7.9
  • Great canadian TV show!

10 million times better than the excrement I watch in the US, with the exception of Big Bang Theory. Funny too, and educational. The humor is a bit played out but the topic is not, which makes it a very worthwhile and interesting show to watch. The hillbillies might learn something from this show. Like how to coexist. :-)

• It will be missed :(

Little moque in the prairie , was one of the funniest canadian tv show ever, i love the religion differences on it, and how the actors lives on together. it was like a dream in this world, a dreams that might never come true!!!
  • The only GOOD CBC sitcom

This is the only CBC sitcom in my opinion that is good. It's also the one where I don't want to punch the characters in the face. The writing's good, it's funny at times, and the characters are interesting and even likable.
  • Untapped potential.

4.5
    I watched the first couple of years of this series all the time, and for the most part it was really unique as well as smart-funny comedy. And there are not many of those kinds of comedies around any more.
    But something happened, and the quality of the writing went downhill such that I didn't even bother with it much at all this season.
    And that's too bad. Because it was an original idea, and the cast of characters were all truly lovable...even the "pains". Its not that the cast didn't deliver; its that they had nothing TO deliver.
    Its still hanging in there, and that's positive because, I would love to have another Canadian comedy to fill the void left by Corner Gas' departure.
  • Awful

Little Mosque has some of the worst acting I have ever seen on a TV show. The writing is also pathetic with real bad jokes that probably were written originally back in the nineteen fifties if not even sooner than that. The main character is the worst, Amaar is such a bad actor that I cringe every time I am clicking past the channel and accidentally stop long enough to see or hear him say something, always delivering a line poorly. Maybe some of the writing could actually be okay but it is hard to tell when every line is being delivered by someone with less talent than the average house cat. A hundred words yet? Ok good.
  • New show that opens cultural and religious doors through comedy.

• Little Mosque on The Prairie is one of the best kept secrets in Canadian Television to date!

Such a fascinating show should definately have more reviews! The superb way in which it balances religious faith, comedy, romance and even drama draws one to conclude that this show will continue to be a mega hit for decades to come. The characters are both realistic and endearing, their triumphs, and aspirations both engaging and comical.The driving force of this show is what draws me most to watch which is of course the romantic relationship between Amaar and Rayaan, though subtle it leaves an impact which is not to be ignored! LMOTP absolutly leaves one wanting more! ARAY forever! :)
  • Warm and funny, the Little Mosque was one of my favourites.

Living in a predominately Muslim country, namely Turkey, it is quite interesting to observe the 'minority' issues regarding Islam, especially in the post 9-11 period. While also, i should reckon that normally, all the characterizations would be considered rather conservative in our local standards. It is weird to see all those preoccupations regarding to Islam and Muslims, normally. Always against one perspective-one lifestyle reflecting productions, i really think this portrayal of Muslim life is necessary, while setting a nice and warm community sense makes us follow LMOTP with a close eye.

Another positive aspect is that it shows Muslims, as any community are not just Black or White according to which point you are taking. There are different lifestyles and different shades and each person lives up shaped in the way they lead, so there are lots of versions, not predominately shaped by Islam but rather communities, traditions, nationalities and cultures they come from.
    So, it is educational to see that reflected on the show. Sometimes bordering on cliches and suffering from a bit downtempo, my rating would be around 7.5 to 8 points, but all in all, the necessary role it plays of showcasing the Others, makes 9.5 reasonable. Less stereotypical characters and more variety for all!

I hope they keep on going for a while... And Ryan and Amar forever!
  • it good to finaly see a show that says good things about muslims

it good to finaly see a show that says good things about muslims ... Now a days most of the shows bring muslims as the terrorist and that is not true in the real world, most people who watch these shows think its true that we are terrorist .. this show shows you that there are alot of good muslims .. in a very comedic way .. i enjoyed every episode and it is very educational i cant wait to see next season .. we need more shows like this one and not like other shows that makes fun of other people
  • dont waste your time.

While the acting is a little campy, the premise is funny and informative to people outside the Muslim faith. Hopefully they will build bridges and alleviate fears by showing people have the same values all over the world when you look past culture and custom. As a Muslim I welcome the show and congratulate CBC for airing it. Afer the Rick Mercer Report on Tuesday January the 9th, I heard Rick Mercer mention that Little Mosque on the Prairie would be on next. I wasn't sure if it was going to be funny, but I decided to give it a try, and I am sure glad that I did! This show is so wonderfully written, I was laughing so hard by the end of the show.
  • Little Mosque on the prairie, has become my favorite show, It is a positive and educational show. We need more shows like this for the Muslim community. I am a new Muslim and this show has made me feel that I have chosen the correct choice for myself.

I enjoyed this show very much I happened to find it on line. And I have enjoy every episode. And I have been waiting for the new season to start.
    This show has made me feel good about being a Muslim. I am a new Muslim and I am still in the learning stages and this show has made me feel good about the choice I have chosen. It is all about Allah and the submission to him. There should be more shows that are positve for the Muslim community. So keep up the good work and the cast is Great.....

And if it is out on DVD where can it be purchased?
  • Less haha funny more heh funny...

The show it self is somewhat funny in its own way. I myself don't really get that many good laughs from it but i do get a better understanding of Islamic views. The shows best funny parts tend to be at the expense of Baber Siddiqui's stubborn traditional ways. Or from Fred Tupper's goofy fewd with local muslim community. All round the show is watchable but there is nothing truly exceptional but the show is atleast original. Sadly some of the shows storylines are mind numbingly dumb/boring, well some are oddly good. How it got renewed over JPOD which is really funny i will never know...
  • "A Heartwarming and original show"

My sister was the first person to tell me about this show. And I'm certainly glad she did. This is a show in which entertains people as well as informs. In are world today there are several different types of religions out there. This show tries to enlighten viewers about what and who Muslim's are. That their religion although different then the catholic region is not, and does not condone terrorism. The characters are funny and personable, and with each episode they get more endearing. I always look forward to the next show, and hope that perhaps that it will become a full hours worth, rather than just a half hour. I look forward to many more seasons to come.
  • Required viewing for a post-9/11 world

This should be required viewing for everyone in this post-9/11 world. Kudos to the CBC for having the courage to back this one as strongly as they are.

"Little Mosque on the Prairie" gives great insights into the Muslim world, teaching all about this peaceful people with a warmth and humor that is missing from this messed-up political climate in which we live.

I get a huge kick out of the ultra-conservative beliefs. I live in Utah and grew up within the predominant faith here, and thought THEY were strict! The Mormons could take some serious lessons from the Islamic world!

All joking aside, this is one of my favorite shows, one that I look forward to watching each week. Thanks, CBC, and let's get it broadcast in the USA, okay?
  • Lacks humour but a good show...

As a Muslim, I was excited to hear about this show. It’s great that a show about Islam accepted by some many people. I really wanted it to shed some light on my wonderful religion and its beliefs. On this point, it performs adequately but the comedy section of the show is sub par. The wise cracking Emam and his subtle flirting with some of the women is wrong in comedic and religious ways. I hope the show's jokes improve as that is its weak point and enshalla it will stay on and rid Muslims of some of the negative images painted of us by the terrorist cowards who continue to shame the great religion of Islam.
  • Great debut

The show had a great start. The episode was full of great one liners and I hope they can keep up the good jokes. As a muslim in Canada, I found it to be hilairous, but Im not sure if all the jokes are being lost on the non-muslim canadian crowd (which, to be honest, is what will make the difference in this show being a hit or flop). But I'd definately recommend this show, and I hope it continues in the same direction and gets the acclaim it deserves, especially since we havent had a good canadian comedy since the days of kids in the hall and sctv.
  • The islamic "Corner Gas" is quite funny and well made.

The islamic "Corner Gas" is quite funny and well made. I have high hopes for this show. Take a chance on it, and maybe you'll end up laughing and learning at the same time. In a time like this we need shows that brings cultures together.
    It will need a few episodes to settle in, but most 30 min sitcoms need that. I hope some people in the USA take a chance and tune in via cable or dish. The characters need developing a bit more, and tone down the stereo types. But the bottom line is that it is far superior to most of the fall and mid-season sitcoms in the CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX lineup.
  • This is a great show!

Afer the Rick Mercer Report on Tuesday January the 9th, I heard Rick Mercer mention that Little Mosque on the Prairie would be on next. I wasn't sure if it was going to be funny, but I decided to give it a try, and I am sure glad that I did! This show is so wonderfully written, I was laughing so hard by the end of the show. I can't wait until next week's episode. The characters are starting to develop and it seems like this will be a big hit for the CBC. I hope that Little Mosque on the Prairie continues to stay on CBC because I will definitely watch it week after week. Congratulation CBC, on another great series!