Little Spirit: Christmas in New York

NBC (TV Movie 2008)

Little Spirit: Christmas in New York Fan Reviews (2)

3.7
  • Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The best I can say is, somewhat of a good story, but the animation looked hilariously cheesy. The dog looks so hilarious and in one scene where Leo is first sucked into a Christmas tree, I was dying with laughter. Man, this special is subpar. I wonder what kind of cheese they can come up with these days. This is subpar enough to get an MST3K episode or a Rifftrax. Can't wait for Muppets Letters to Santa, and the 39th consecutive airing of Frosty the Snowman. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. I will get in the business someday and make a Christmas special based on a Christmas song, like I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
  • This is possibly one of the worst holiday specials ever created - and yes, I know that's saying a lot. "Boy looks for lost dog through christmas tree wormholes with annoying Lilo and Stitch rip-off and Macy's everywhere" - who thought of this?

OK, I know the holiday specials have all been done before - I know there's not a whole lot to work with to begin with - but for the love of Pete, who sat down and said, "let's try 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' meets 'Lassie Come Home' meets 'Lilo and Stitch' - and make sure that Macy's gets plenty of plugs since they're paying for it!"

I am amazed that they were able to take a simplistic, feeble two-minute story and stretch it to take up 50+ minutes.

There is absolutely no character development and I've seen better plots in 30-second Hallmark commercials.

This lousy offering sends a strong signal - it's time to stop producing Holiday Specials until someone can offer up something that would be worth watching any time of the year, not just in the holiday-haze of December.