Liv & Maddie

Sunday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Sep 15, 2013 Between Seasons

JacobWiggle10

Liv & Maddie Fan Reviews (38)

5.1
  • liv and Maddie

I love the show it funny one of girl know how to play basketball and the other one know how to sing very good I love her singing
  • Really good

It actually doesn't have a simplistic nature like Good Luck Charlie does, because I mean Liv's a big Hollywood actress, and Teddy's just a normal girl, so this is the version of Good Luck Charlie I actually like to watch.
  • No liv

I don't like liv she is to dumb and rude I really don't like her in the show
  • I admit I like the show, and it's pretty good.

The only episodes I like better are: "Twin-a-Rooney" and "Dump-a-Rooney". The show is good, so no problem with that. The characters are good, and a little funny.
  • Its a really good show

This show was really good when i first saw it. Its quite impressive how Dove Cameron plays both Liv and Maddie. It must be hard but shes really talanted

My Little brother loves this show and he loves Joey only because thats his name but i love how its about siblings and they love eachother and hardly ever fight, i wish me and my sisters were like that xD
  • I do not like the show either

It is just dumb and dull. Disney has completely lost its mind again.
  • A wholesome show, but it needs more time to develop

The pilot episode, which I watched with my younger son, was good, but the characters did overact a bit. Even shows like Seinfeld and Friends took time to develop. I might increase this score if the show gets better within time. SodaDog has a point, it takes time for the writing and acting to develop.

My younger son loves the show however. Older son is a lot harder to impress.

UPDATE: After seeing more episodes I have decided to raise the rating from 8 to 9. Brain-A-Rooney was excellent. It was relatable with the mother being just like me as far as being a lover of things is concerned. Disney4life and jm5189 are right, it deserves a higher rating.

UPDATE AGAIN: I'll give this a 10 just to increase the average. Last update was on July 15. And I'm looking forward to Season 2 tomorrow!
  • An overall good show

I have to agree with SodaDog and Disney4life, this is a solid show. Deserves a lot more than a 5.5.

EDIT: I'm increasing this from 9 to 10 to prevent the rating from dropping any further. How can you people not like show? It's a quality family show in a sea of awful atrocities like Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig. This is just as underrated as Rabbids Invasion.
  • Why does everyone hate this show?

I don't why everyone hates this show, it's probably the best live action show Disney ever put out since Good Luck Charlie, and good live action shows are quite rare to find on Disney. This show centers around Liv Rooney who comes back from Hollywood to see her twin sister Maddie, Liv and Maddie are now reunited and they are happy to be together, along with their older brother Joey and their younger brother. The show is about the whole family trying to get used to being together again. After all those terrible teen sitcoms Disney finally took a break and decided to produce another good live action show. The best part is how there's no stupid teen drama, stereotypical characters, horrendous acting and singing, and all those other ingredients to make a Disney sitcom. The characters are likeable and aren't annoying or spoiled. The show also has plenty of good comedy and funny moments to go around, and best of all it doesn't use tired gags or fart humor like kid shows these days seem to rely on. The morals are another highlight, it doesn't send wrong messages like Disney's previous sitcoms like Hannah Montana or Shake It Up did, there are several positive messages about teamwork and sticking together. L&M is more hope for Disney Channel to improve and hopefully quit with those terrible teen sitcoms, it's definitely worth giving a chance even if you're not interested in Disney Channel.
  • Better than most shows, but the writing could use some work.

Aside from the dumb comments uttered in this show, ("He fell when he was doing a gangnam style" "RAGE FACE!!!" i'd say this show is the only watchable show on this now bad-girl plauged network. For once, this show doesn't have a bad girl stereotype! It may have a prissy movie-star Character, but she acts equal meaning that she doesn't get mad when her clothing line runs out.

EDIT ON AUGUST 30: I changed the rating to 10 to raise the rating.

Overall a good show.
  • I mean It's ok...

I will only give it A good rating cause Dove Cameron is the first Disney female that has A nice singing voice...
  • Most underrated show ever made!

This is seriously the most underrated show ever made. It's just as underrated as the movie Gordy! Why do so many people hate this great show? Just like why do so many people hate Gordy? Gordy is one of the best movies ever made! This show is awesome. It's funny, it's heartfelt, it has characters you can actually care for, it's just a great show with great original plots. What's my favorite episode? Well it's hard to say, but I know I loved Twin-a-Rooney (the first episode), Flashback-a-Rooney, Shoe-a-Rooney, and others! Probably those three are my favorites. Why did the rating for this wonderful show have to drop so much? I mean it was at 8.7 just a year ago, and now all of the sudden it's a 5.8! Why does this show have to get 5.8 if Sam & Cat gets 7.1? Sam & Cat is stupid, lame, has terrible plots, and is pretty much no match whatsoever for this show! How about give Sam & Cat 5.1 and this show 7.8? That would make A LOT more sense to me. And I'm so glad Gordy got a 9.2 from this site! Because IMDb has it currently rated 3.7! Yet that crappy movie that nobody likes called The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has 7.4! Once again, I say swap the digits! Make The Oogieloves 3.4 and Gordy 7.7! I also hate that even IMDb hates this show now. I mean they had a 7.9 for this show a little over a year ago and before that it was an 8 and now it's 6.2! I don't understand it! Dove Cameron is awesome as both Liv and Maddie, why do people hate that she plays two parts? I think it's amazing she can play two different parts at the same time! She does a great job giving Liv and Maddie chemistry which is something the characters on Sam & Cat and all the other crappy new Nick shows CLEARLY LACK! And this show doesn't do crude and stupid stuff like Sanjay and Craig or Breadwinners do. How many times can you count butt and fart jokes on BOTH of THOSE shows? Like a million! And why do some people like Rabbids Invasion? That show is ***ed! All it has in it is a bunch of stupid alien rabbits doing stupid stuff and causing chaos everywhere they go! And then havoc ensues. This show isn't like that at all! This show actually has a plot that makes sense and doesn't talk down to kids like they're brain-dead morons! Unlike that crappy movie The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure which is a text-book definition of pandering! Come on people! We HAVE GOT to get The Oogieloves rating at IMDb down and Gordy's rating up! But yeah, this show rules, while Breadwinners drools, and before I end this review I'd just like to say I can't WAIT for Season 2 of Liv and Maddie! Season 1 had an excellent ending, can you image how great the start of Season 2 will be? I can! So there! End of my review. Thumbs up if you agree.
  • Decent Show

4.5
    I dont know why everybody hates Parker, i mean, he's the only good character on the show. Also, I Like Maddie. But I hate Liv, I mean, Shes so selfish and doesnt care about Anything but F*cking Sparkles and High Heels. Plus every show is about Liv, I mean, the should just change the name of the Show to "Liv" I would rate it as good as Shake It UP
  • Why does eveyone hate this adorable show?

This show is great! That's about all I have to say about it. I don't get the negative reviews. I miss the original rating of 8.7 (it's now 7.8). UPDATE ON JANUARY 17 (originally posted last year on November 9): Muppetman, you got the characters backwards. Liv is the movie star! Also: not only did the rating for this show drop to 6.4 (the lowest yet), but I'm starting to wonder if I've seen the same show? Because I still think it's great. OK, I'll change my score from 10 to 9.5 because I didn't like the subplot of the Christmas episode, where Joey got peed on. But that's it for me. And I still find it kinda sad that even Dog with a Blog has a higher score (6.6 instead of 6.4) and also Sam & Cat has 7.6 and ANT Farm 7.5 yet they have the same kinds of criticisms. Same for Jessie and Austin & Ally (both solid 8.0s).

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2: Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.

UPDATE ON MARCH 1: I'm changing it back. Today's new episode of Breadwinners was so bad it makes me like this show even more. Same for Gordy. Also, to Raven77, I don't get why this show is rated lower than other shows. Like what makes you like ANT Farm or Austin & Ally better? Just because they have higher ratings? I don't get why. They both have lots of criticism yet they get higher? I read one review of Austin & Ally where they said it was because of sock puppets. I wonder why this show hasn't got the same type of attention. I guess because it's still new, but really. I like it a lot better than most of the other shows. And now that Good Luck Charlie is over it's the only good show on Disney Channel left. Which is why I wonder why it can't have better reception. At first, the show was rated really high, but eventually the ratings started to drop. And here we are at 6.2. At least it went up a little after reaching 6.1.

UPDATE ON MARCH 5: I don't agree with you at all Review-o-tron. I thought just from the commercials it would cute and interesting. Like I said before, am I even watching the same show that everyone here seems to hate? I find this show heartwarming too, like in the first episode when they reconciled and Liv said "You couldn't drag me away". This is the most underrated show since Teletubbies. It's also the only good show Disney has left now that Good Luck Charlie is over. Oh, and for all you haters, have any of you seen the current crap Nick airs? Like The Thundermans, The Haunted Hathaways, Breadwinners, or Sanjay and Craig. ESPECIALLY SANJAY AND CRAIG! If anything THAT is the "worst show ever", not this or Teletubbies!

UPDATE ON MARCH 12: Nice review SodaDog! Could you review it at Common Sense Media too?

UPDATE ON JULY 7: morganchamber, you got it backwards. It's Maddie who says "BAM! What?!", not Liv. Also why'd you give it a 4 if you hate almost every main character? And Liv would not try to kill Maddie with a chainsaw. If she did, the parents WOULD do something.
  • Sucks balls.....

2.5
    This show is just too annoying for me, I just recently saw an episode of Liv singing a corny song called "FroYo Yolo" if they ever posted that video on youtube she'd be the most hated celeb since Justin Bieber, and she will replace Rebecca Black's song "Friday" as the worst song ever, Just saying, Anyway......

Liv- A stereotypical Blondie who is a very girly, The character I can't stand in this show, She is a total brat, In one episode Liv got Maddie's letter for her Junior Olympics or something, and she tried to hide it from her so Maddie doesn't have to leave, and Maddie did the same thing! Liv just tries to sing but she just sucks in my opinion "SING IT LOUUUUUUUUUD!" Isn't that going to get old at some point?

Score: -283/100

Maddie- The tomboy of the show, also I can stand her. I don't even know why Maddie is Liv's best friend, I mean she just pushes her into things, and just manipulates her again in the "FroYo Yolo" episode Liv took Maddie's sparkly notebook, when Maddie didn't even tell her to mess with it. Her catchphrase is a little less annoying than Liv's "BAM WHAT!?" But that's also getting old.

Score: 4/10

The brothers- Annoying little dick heads. Score: -17/10

Karen(The Mom)- She's obviously the clueless mom who is horrible by the way, she just lets her kids do whatever the heck they want, they don't even ground them or punish them like a good caring mom would do. What if Liv decides to kill Maddie with a chainsaw? NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN!

Score: -10/10

The dad- The dad...... Hmm.... where to explain, Oh! HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING! -57/100
  • Ehhhh

Dove cameron is an ok actor sometimes overdoes it but its kind of stupid disney "so called" couldnt find twins

its also stupid they have two shows on about twins at the same time her tv show brothers need some seiro9us acting lessons so do her parents the little interviews with the camera are totally stolen from Life in the dreamhouse and some people say its stolen from Modern family its not very creative since there;s only one girl playing both twins and its also not very interesting realistic or has any Important morals its better than I didnt do guess

But Disney needs to give the potty jokes a permanent break Parker gets on my nerves for being gross on the 1st episode for no reason
  • So this is replacing good luck charlie......

Why do people think this show is so special? It is just about 2 teenagers, one coming back from Hollywood and one being a basketball coach. Realistically, the family would move to Hollywood because if Liv is a movie star and has made lots of money, her money could have provided a nice house there. But no, Disney had to take the unrealistic way and make this garbage.

Dove Cameron is playing both Liv and Maddie, so Disney can't find any real twins that could sing? Wow.

Characters

Liv- was a movie star for 4 years .A ditz. She can't stand to get messy. If I hear her squeal again, I will snap.

Maddie- loves basketball and is a coach. Almost the exact opposite of Liv.

Joey- the teenage brother. Nothing really to say about him.

Parker- the younger brother who plays mean jokes on EVERYONE! He is supposed to be comic relief but he is a very bad example.

Mom and Dad- they spoil their kids. The dad is Maddie's basketball coach.

Plot

It is about life with a movie star sister. Not exciting.

Acting

Dove Cameron is ok but not exactly great. The rest are just bad.

Don't watch this show. Change the channel.

UPDATE-Muppetman, I agree with you.

Update 3-13-14. You know what, after watching a few more episodes, I see this show is nowhere near as bad as ant farm or dog with a blog. This show might be the best sitcom on Disney right now, and I'm still giving it a 2.

Update 5-29-14- I'm lowering it back to a 1. Jessie and even ANT Farm have proven to be a little better than this crap.

• Ah, what a sad excuse for a new Disney Channel show...

Liv and Maddie is one of the worst shows I have ever seen on Disney Channel. What ever happened to all the classics such as Recess, Sister Sister, the Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire etc. OK, I am going to review this show based on the plot, acting skills, the characters and their personalities and the jokes aswell as moral values.

Plot:

Here is a brief summary of the plot. Basically, Liv Rooney is a Hollywood actress aswell as the twin sister of Maddie Rooney. She comes back to the family home and she tries to live a normal life and shit. How many times have we seen this formula on Disney shows? Lots.

Characters:

OK, the characters are pretty much stereotypical and one dimensional. So here they are:

Liv Rooney: A so-called Hollywood actress and singer of 'Sing it Loud' who is pretty much the stereotypical ditzy blonde fashionista. She also has annoying catchphrases like 'Yaysies!!!!' and she keeps singing the words 'Sing it Loud' which gets very annoying. The formula of stupid characters is overdone quite a lot in the new Disney shows to the point where it's not funny anymore. Here is a list of stupid characters who have overdone this formula.

That's so Raven - Chelsea (well, she wasn't that stupid because she proved to be pretty smart at times and the actress who played her did a great job and I accept that)

Austin and Ally - Dez

Gravity Falls - Mabel (well, I can tolerate her)

Good Luck Charlie - PJ

Shake it Up - CeCe

And the list goes on...

Maddie Rooney: I have nothing much to say about her apart from the fact that she is the opposite of Liv.

Parker Rooney: He's basically the annoying kid who tries way too hard to be funny. We've seen a lot of annoying kids in Disney shows aswell such as Flynn from Shake it Up and Nelson from Austin and Ally.

Joey Rooney: The stereotypical nerd trying way too hard to be cool.

Acting skills:

The acting is absolutely crap, the actors try way too hard and it seems like they're forcing themselves to be funny.

Jokes:

The so-called jokes use the annoying laugh track when something 'funny' happens. The show just doesn't come up with good jokes at all.

Moral values:

There are no moral values at all.

Summary:

Overall, I would give a rating of 1 since this show is absolute crap to the point where everything is forced.
  • Not a fan

this show is just unrealistic I mean surely if Liv was a Hollywood actress she would be loaded really she looks like a regular girl and know one can tell that she is famous secondly wouldn't everybody be actually crazy about her when she is a Hollywood actress this is almost as unrealistic as Jessie!!!

The thing that really annoys me is Livs overacting behaviour she sounds like a squirrels tail got chopped off with her squeals. and parker what is up ith Disney making supposed to be funny but annoying mean characters Flynn Jones, Gabe Duncan, the kids in Jessie. Parker is really annoying and has to be sarcastic about everyone. in my opinion i like Maddie better.

its just twisted find actual twins please I mean seriously one of the twins is an Hollywood actress which came to visit the family while the other twin is a basket ball coach.

COME ON
  • Is there a new hope for Disney Channel?

OMG I hope so! It's not that great but it's better than Shake It Up. Let's take a look

Plot 8/10

Characters 9/10 (I don't like Parker)

Writing 7/10

Overall 6.5/10

Could have been better.
  • Other shit Disney

1.5
    This is like "The Parent Trap", but is a garbage =/
  • Kill It Before It Makes Another Season!

Looks like Disney has shat out another teeth grinding show. Two twins who have very different lives. *sniff sniff* Does anyone else smell bullshit?
  • Worst Disney Channel show since "Shake It Up!"

This show sucks. I knew from the commercials it was going to be bad. I saw it and my predictions were right.
  • Disney has gotten a bit monotonal lately but it still is good to watch

Although the show feels like it does not try har enough, it can be a good watch. However, it feels a bit like a "Modern Family" ripoff, with the characters talking to the camera themelves when they make a personal comment. Still, I`ve seen worse (I`m looking at you Nick) and this show can be rather fun to watch in a way. Still, I would`nt recommend it to everyone.
  • It's nice!

It's nowhere near as good as Good Luck Charlie was, but I like it, and it's way better than Shake It Up!. Let's see why.

Plot - The plot with two twins whose personalities are very different has already been used in The Suite Life, but other than that I like it how Liv returns home and all that. Every episode centers around the twins while their brothers do something crazy as a subplot, which is super overused, but it's still nice.

Acting - I don't know why everyone's saying "They should have picked actual twins". I don't think that anybody would have been better than Dove Cameron for this role, she's really amazing. The brothers are pretty good actors too, and so are the parents, in a way. Not really a big fan of their acting.

Characters - Liv and Maddie are both really cool, I like them. Joey is a mix between PJ from Good Luck Charlie and Ty from Shake It Up!, and Parker is Flynn from Shake It Up! I don't like Flynn, I don't like Parker. The parents, uh... they don't even serve a purpose to the show. I dislike them greatly.

Romance - I like the romance between Maddie and Diggie, although it shows that literally any girl, even the basketball dork can get a boyfriend. I mean they can but it doesn't happen often and I really want Disney to make up a girl that isn't very lucky in the dating area. Other than that, there's not much romance so I don't have anything to say here.

Drama - Nothing to say here either. I like it.

Humor - This show is ridiculously dull. I only watch it because the plot's fun, but the jokes are absolutely horrible. Awful, dreadful, they make me vomit. They aren't even jokes, just sentences after which the laugh track is used.

Overall - Everything could improve, yes. But it's not the worst Disney Channel show and I think it shows a lot of potential.
  • There's something about this show........

The jokes are 100% TERRIBLE but this is the first time since "That's so Raven" or "The suite life of Zack and Cody" that has characters that I actually like.

Characters

Maddie- She's interesting. strong and tough.

Liv- She's not a fame whore and she cares for her family

Joey- adorkable nerd

Parker- He's an improved Flynn from "Shake it up" and if you read my "Shake it up" review I HATE FLYNN.

Dad Mom: I have nothing to say

Ocean- interesting

-Diggy- He is awesome

Joey's friend-ok

another thing. I don't know why the show just doesn't take place in Hollywood. It would be easier to film outside streets actually outside and you can take advantage of your environment and mention places in the city. I don't get it. Realistically, the family would have moved to Hollywood with Liv after getting enough money. I also hate (also think it's interesting) How Dove Cameron plays two different people

Overall, I like the characters, think the jokes are terrible, thinks the theme songs okay, think the setting is just stupid. final score 5/10 stop making sitcoms Disney.
  • Great Job Disney! Another miss!

I don't know who runs Disney Channel, but if they are dumb enough to replace a decent sitcom "Good Luck Charlie" with this abomination , they should get fired. This show lacks so much that Good Luck Charlie had. Seriously let's take a look at what this pathetic shit has.

Liv/Maddie: both played by Dove Cameron. Why not just have twins to play their roles. In the show, they look exactly alike, which is really f***ing creepy. Liv is a typical jock girl. Maddie is kind of a blond stereotype who is of course a movie star because every Disney show has to have a movie star. Both are BORING.

Mom and Dad: clueless as well as useless. Serve no purpose whatsoever and aren't funny.

Younger brother:

Tries way to hard to be funny but not even funny. Why even on the show?

Older brother: dork stereotype who makes a recurring "Vegas!" Followed by a laugh track useless character

Actors: horrid. can barely call them actors

Jokes: none. if there are on a rare occasion, they suck

Overall: -10000000 out of 10 don't watch worst show since Fanboy and Chum Chum on Nick
  • It's amazing

I think it's a really funny and entertaining show by Disney and I think it's really clever that Dove Cameron plays both twins because I didn't even notice. I just don't get why there is so many negative reviews? :/
  • Horrid!

1.5
    Casting is terrible! At least try to convince us they are a I hear "Bam, What" one more time I'll scream! Disney needs to go back in the archives and look at how they use to do shows of the past were awesome, I don't know how to describe the new stuff.
  • Liv & Maddie: Yet Another Reason Why Today's Disney Channel is Nothing but a Nickelodeon Clone

Okay, okay. Liv & Maddie is a live-action cartoon that's not supposed to be taken seriously like most Disney kid-coms are. I get it, but that doesn't mean it's laughably implausible and wildly unfunny when it tries to get laughs and totally rips off and dumbs down concepts from both "The Parent Trap" and "Cybill". It premiered last month, and this is already one of my candidates for one of the worst TV sitcoms of the year.

Dove Cameron plays both of the namesake twins, Liv Rooney and Maddie Rooney, Liv is a famous actress who returns home to live with her family after a TV show she stars in ends its run, while Maddie is the regular girl. Despite them being different, their family is green with envy as a result of Liv's stardom. Who knew child stars were paid so well? Cameron seems like a very sweet kid in real life, but like other Disney Channel kid-coms, the protagonists are very spoiled rotten, so is their brother Joey (Joey Bragg). These three brats think that since they are teenagers in the family, they can do whatever they want. Both their mom and dad, played by Kali Rocha and Benjamin King respectively, actually allow this, and they're not even home all the time. Wow, what a couple of class acts!! Tenzing Norgay Trainor plays the annoying little brother, Parker. Now the official bio says that he like to play tricks and tease others. He doesn't do a very good job at it, and if you ask me, he's no better than his older brother and sisters. He is kind of mean, and he delivers his lines in kind of a flat monotone.

No surprise that this is a Disney Channel production at all, I find it a disgrace that a company that makes some of the best animated movies and is one of the best theme park operators on the planet owns a channel that (outside of a few exceptions, Mickey Mouse, Phineas and Ferb, and Good Luck Charlie) slaps the Disney name on itself, but tries so hard to compete with Nickelodeon that they're destroying the purpose of the Disney name in the process.
< 1 2