Liv & Maddie

Sunday 8:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Sep 15, 2013 In Season

Liv & Maddie Fan Reviews (29)

5.7
  • Ah, what a sad excuse for a new Disney Channel show...

Liv and Maddie is one of the worst shows I have ever seen on Disney Channel. What ever happened to all the classics such as Recess, Sister Sister, the Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire etc. OK, I am going to review this show based on the plot, acting skills, the characters and their personalities and the jokes aswell as moral values.

Plot:

Here is a brief summary of the plot. Basically, Liv Rooney is a Hollywood actress aswell as the twin sister of Maddie Rooney. She comes back to the family home and she tries to live a normal life and shit. How many times have we seen this formula on Disney shows? Lots.

Characters:

OK, the characters are pretty much stereotypical and one dimensional. So here they are:

Liv Rooney: A so-called Hollywood actress and singer of 'Sing it Loud' who is pretty much the stereotypical ditzy blonde fashionista. She also has annoying catchphrases like 'Yaysies!!!!' and she keeps singing the words 'Sing it Loud' which gets very annoying. The formula of stupid characters is overdone quite a lot in the new Disney shows to the point where it's not funny anymore. Here is a list of stupid characters who have overdone this formula.

That's so Raven - Chelsea (well, she wasn't that stupid because she proved to be pretty smart at times and the actress who played her did a great job and I accept that)

Austin and Ally - Dez

Gravity Falls - Mabel (well, I can tolerate her)

Good Luck Charlie - PJ

Shake it Up - CeCe

And the list goes on...

Maddie Rooney: I have nothing much to say about her apart from the fact that she is the opposite of Liv.

Parker Rooney: He's basically the annoying kid who tries way too hard to be funny. We've seen a lot of annoying kids in Disney shows aswell such as Flynn from Shake it Up and Nelson from Austin and Ally.

Joey Rooney: The stereotypical nerd trying way too hard to be cool.

Acting skills:

The acting is absolutely crap, the actors try way too hard and it seems like they're forcing themselves to be funny.

Jokes:

The so-called jokes use the annoying laugh track when something 'funny' happens. The show just doesn't come up with good jokes at all.

Moral values:

There are no moral values at all.

Summary:

Overall, I would give a rating of 1 since this show is absolute crap to the point where everything is forced.