Live! with Kelly and Michael

Weekdays 9:00 AM on ABC Premiered Sep 05, 1988 In Season

AprilFox

Live! with Kelly and Michael Fan Reviews (728)

• Kelly, please!

Today- are you really going to spend 10 min talking about your foot?? Gawwwwd

What is with kelly lately?? I used to LOVE her now she's so annoying. So mechanical, always flexing her arms(yea we get it you work out- a lot) not natural anymore and speaks like like like you can't put a sentence together without the word like in it. Please stop dying your hair colors for 20 year olds please stoppppp!! Please stop playing with your hair and sleeves!!! It's soooo distracting, careful with those short skirts on those tall interview chairs!!!
  • it's only my opinion

When did Kelly become so unlikable and self centred? She was fun when regis was on the show and now she seems not likeable etc. Is it me or does kelly seem jealous when michael talks to the female guests and ignores her,was the show watchable when kelly was on vacation? all we hear is her brag about her family, her expensive vacations, her nights out at celebrity events and all episodes she has to talk about sex. WHO CARES????? Why not just cut the brag fest, and fill that void talking about more pre-cut out articles laid out on the table for you instead of what comes out as bragging about your celebrity hob nobbing and letting the audience know you're super rich by taking weekend jaunts to Italy and paris.

and what is up with kelly unable to speak or read?

Every time she speaks it is "eWell we uh.. went to this restaurant and and they were uh they were uh serving this food and and this waiter he etc. so annoying, get the words out already sheesh!!!!! perhaps as one who is on tv could you find time to get some speech therapy lessons on your 23hrs a day break from work.

And is it me or do kelly and michael need to get a room I mean really!!! can she not take a break from lusting for him to put on an entertaining 1hr show? or is that supposed to be entertainment? and obviously her husband doesn't care as he must only be with her for the money as what shows and movies has he been in? his only air time is on her show.

And is it me or is it always "WE have a HUGE show today" every day it's "we have a huge show for you today" when is it not a huge show. What is so huge about a normal show? And honestly what substance is there to the show: "Hello how was your weekend michael strahan we went to the Hamptons and we uh had uh dinner with the the president and other super important people you the audience will never meet. - let's now pick up the news paper and read articles to the audience to fill the rest of the 15min. Time for trivia.... sorry lady.. we have a really big show for you 1st cast off of survivor is here, a chef is here and I will show you all how I almost barf on tv... so stay tuned!!!" and stay tuned live has a super huge announcement... we are filming all next week in super warm and sunny barbados. I know all you audience members and tv viewers are sitting in -30 celsius right now.. aren't you jealous? well you will be even more when our hosts brag about how sunny and warm it is where they are and how they are getting mints on their pillows at their $400/night hotel rooms paid for by the network.

And why can't she say thank you when she get a compliment from a viewer. And when someone compliments her she pretends she doesn't agree. just say thank you. is it that hard?

And I agree, stop pushing up your sleeves or start wearing sleevles tops. Why do you always pick at your clothing/nails etc. while michael is speaking? not enough time to get ready BACK stage and not ON stage? She is the only host on air that picks at herself and puffs up her hair (especially 1st on air day when hair dyed pink). Why do you have to compete with Michael? Michael and a guest do push ups so instead of watching you have to prove to the world you can do them too? We know you're slim. Why do you need to compete? whole blue hair/pink hair RIDICULOUS!!!! mid life crisis?
  • Michael doesn't wear a tie

Michael Strahand should man up and wear a tie on the show as a talk show host ... otherwise he is merely a GOON . It is disrespectful especially on days like Memorial Day . They should be stripped of their Emmy award for that . Bring back Regis to give Michael some tips . As for Kelly ... she is an amateur as well
  • The Girls got to go !

2.5
    I Can't stand Kelly ! She really thinks she is something special , flaunting herself to the camera every chance she gets . I like Micheal a lot , he makes the show . Kelly wants to be the center of attention and doesn't like it when Micheal gets the attention , you can tell by the look on her face . I thought it was just me that didn't like Kelly, until I seen all theses negative comments about her . I love it when kelly isn't there , Micheal really does a great job . I can't watch that show anymore when she is on .
  • Dancing fox

The day Kelly had that Dirty Dancing fox on was soooooo funny. Where did she get it? I am looking for one.
  • Kelly's hair

I think Kelly's hair is disgustingly ugly now. Too bad she ruined her looks.
  • Michael is definitely the bigger star

I stopped watching Kelly and Michael a few years ago because I couldn't stand how arrogant and self centered Kelly became. I felt bad for Michael because I thought since he was new to the show, he felt like he had to leave the spotlight to her. But I keep trying on my few days off and recently started watching again in the morning with my coffee because I am on holidays but things haven't changed at all! It's all about "Look at me - I'm Kelly, I can do anything and am the funniest, most fit person ever!" I had to laugh I happened to see the episode where Kelly, Michael and Gelman took that Tough Mudder challenge against Nick Carter and Jordan Knight where you have to do an obstacle course. She was all proud of herself but if it wouldn't have been for Michael Strahan, she would have never gotten passed the first part of it! The only part she completed on her own was the jump into the ice water, but she acted like she carried the team! I agree that Kelly constantly interrupts with a stupid joke and if she doesn't get a laugh, she explains the joke, like she thinks no one laughed because they didn't get it! REALLY??? It just wasn't funny!! Then when Michael says a good joke, she doesn't react and quickly changes the subject. She really needs to watch the faces she makes too - not very attractive! She pouts her lips - trying to be sexy? or leaves her jaw hanging like she is interested in the story but you can tell she can't wait for it to be over so she can say something stupid! She is the worst interviewer ever and you can tell that some guests are really uncomfortable and don't really know what to say or how to comment! I do like her short haircut because her long hair was looking pretty scraggly and was way too big for her little body, especially when she was wearing extensions, but I really don't like the blue color. Once in awhile she comes up with a good comeback or joke but she is just too full of herself for my taste. She does tend to steer every conversation, topic and comment to a sexual nature - even when she was talking to the kids this week- asking them if their Mommy and Daddy kiss on the mouth and other questions that were pushing the envelope. She even commented on how most of the interview had to be edited in order to protect the parents - I wonder why - because she was directing the conversation, that's why! From what I have seen this week, I really do like Michael - he's personable, funny, kind, unselfish and does bail Kelly out often. Michael is wise to keep his foot in all the other doors because I think he may head to bigger and better!!
  • Very Hard to Watch at Times

1.5
    I try to visit the show from time to time just to see how they are doing .. Have always enjoyed watching (Live)and have watched it for years... Now it is so hard to get through at times.. It just doesn't flow.. It seems forced and no one seems comfortable.. Sometimes I am actually embarrassed for the show! It is definitely not "Disney" quality !
  • Today's show July 9 2015

Kelly's remark about watermelon Bread tasting like chicken was insensitive and ridiculous, when she started off by asking the audience if they like watermelon and did not get the response she wanted it was evident the audience was uncomfortable with her question!
  • On today's show, July 8th

I cracked up because Michael and kelly were talking about hair and as always she turned the whole convo around to herself. She started saying something about her hubby finding her hair on his head ( while Michael was in the middle of saying something) then Michael jumped in and interrupted her and said well your hubby loves you and you know he does't care to that effect and man she looked down right away and started fiddling with her necklace and immediately had a scowl on her face. You could tell she was pissed at him LMAO. I laughed so was put in her place and she was pissed. I don't think things are as rosy as they make them out to be. I think Michael gets irritated with her a lot. I liked her b4 but when she started with all this about her stuff it got irritating. She thinks because she works out everyday, too much, that she is a pro and always talks about it. It should be called the kelly show, let's talk about me.
  • sorry, so sorry

I am soooo bummed. I feel like the show is going down hill.

I don't agree with all the people that say Kelly hangs all over Michael, I watch every morning and I just don't see it.

But, I have seen a dramatic decline in Kelly's behavior on the show. She tries too hard. She starts out with stupid call outs to the audience like, "we haven't done anything yet". Why would you say that?

As another reviewer wrote, she takes way too long in telling a story trying to find words to make it funnier but doesn't come up with the words and just says "uh, uh", it is hard to watch and or listen to. You just want to say, come on Kelly, spit it out. Often times, she comes out with some hilarious remarks and come-backs, but too often is the uh, uh trying to be funny.

I have watched this show for years and years and loved it, but Kelly has changed. I have always wanted to talk to her since (years ago) some woman came on for a cooking segment and asked Kelly if she knew how to crack and egg, and somehow Kelly kept her composure and nicely just said "yes". I could not have had the composure Kelly had. And also when she had Geraldo Rivera as a co-host and he tried to one up her on her own show, again, composure I could never have had.

But now she is just trying too hard, interrupting Michael constantly. He is very good about it and just stops and lets her go on. But then we never hear what he wanted to say.

She has started with these drama moves that mean nothing, but I think she is looking for a laugh and it just isn't there. I want Kelly back. Kelly, I have been enjoying you for years, but the enjoyment is fading.

The show: The show is called LIVE. Way too many pre-recorded shows. If Michael has to be out of town because of all of his other jobs, then, as much as I love him, a live show is not for him. I HATE the pre-recorded shows and they are way way way too often.

During football season they are pre-recorded every Friday. The pre-recorded shows are just so fake and un fun and un real and un--live. When they talk about winning the lottery, I think about my husband working 6 days a week and about 70 hours a week and the money they make and the money he makes, it just IS NOT FUNNY. I know they work more then and hour a day, but cut us all a break. It just isn't that hard compared to the rest of the world, come on, please.

Just so we aren't feeling duped - be live, 5 days a week.

I just have not enjoyed the show much anymore. I know I don't have to watch, but I used to enjoy it and would like to enjoy it again. How ya'll won an emmy this year, I just don't understand.

The show, "The View" has gone way down hill, and I don't even watch Rachael Ray anymore because she interrupts more then anyone ever, don't be the next show that I don't watch anymore, PLEASE.

adding this now, I agree with deborahfay stating "the really big show" that got old years ago, Stop saying that everyday.

But I don't agree with her (deborahfay) comments about hearing about Kelly and Michael's nights out or vacations, who they were with or what they did. That is my favorite part. I don't know what (deorahfay) would like them to talk about otherwise. I LOVE hearing the more personal adventures they have, each night or on vacation. That is the reason I watch. I love to hear how certain celebs mingle.
  • Exercises the week of 5/39

I had asked previously what is the link to get the exercises that Kelly & Michael demonstrated the week of 5/29. So far I have not received any information regarding this link. Please email me the link as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • Smoking Imitation

Does Kelly know how really dumb she looks when she pretends to smoke. It makes her look like a tramp and ignorant.
  • What's up w/Kelly?

I haven't tuned in for awhile but have always liked Regis & Kathie Lee then Regis & Kelly. But Kelly isn't the same. Here's what I noticed:

1) not smiling much; not the usual upbeat personality

2) seems to be straining somehow ----- like is she afraid Michael is the "star" now?

3) she used to be funny; today I didn't hear one thing from her that was funny

4) by the comments here I hope she isn't drinking every night or something to bring her down. She's at the age that w/kids she shouldn't be acting like a skank.

5) that being said maybe she's tired. If so, she needs a break and a milkshake too.

6) the white outfit with the white outfit washed her out big time

7) unlike some comments I think her short hair is cute

but something is up w/her
  • Getting tiresome

2.5
    Please get rid of the "Glow travel trivia". Even Kelly says we are just "enduring" it.
  • scarecrow

Ever since Kelly got her hair cut She has not been the same. I watched her with Regis and up to now I thought she was an extremely good looking young Lady. But we (all my friends and family) have noticed that it appears that she only washes and brushes her hair once a week and the rest of the time it looks like a scarecrow with straw hair. Come on Kelly, take 5 minuets to brush and fix your hair. If you are going to strut out onto stage every day at least look like a lady. I'm surprised the producer has not said anything. I miss not watching the show anymore but the rest of the household will not watch it. Please go back to the good times and look pretty again.
  • Somethings is going on with Kelly

I have been a fan since Regis & Kathie Lee , I remember Kathie was pregnant with Kody. I don't know is Kelly exhausted or adding a little of Hoda & Kathie Lee Gifford routine in her segments, but for the last two weeks she looks like how she do after a night at the Oscar's. She doesn't seem like her old self something is a little off, her upper lip even moves differently look at the tapes of the show. Adding a little spice to life can alter someone's appearance. Concern fan.
  • No longer a fan!!!!

I was a loyal fan of the show until you decided to have that traitorous B__ch Hanoi Jane Fonda on.

This woman is a traitor to America and you people treat her like she's a national treasure, have you forgotten all the pain, suffering and even death she was responsible for.

Having her on your show is a slap in the face of every man and woman who is serving, has ever served or will ever serve in our nations military. She does not deserve our praise she deserves to be stoned to death. I never thought I was capable of hate but words cannot express the hatred I feel for this person.

So it is with some regret I bid you farewell for I will never (not that you care) tune in to your program again.
  • The Odd Couple

Yes , you... are too funny so early in the day... What exactly, is your breakfast beverage ? I love you both, uplifting and delightful. Rock on gently Brown
  • It is Red River Gorge in Kentucky

Just in case you were wondering what "Gorge" Diane Sawyer was talking about when she spoke about her start it is The River Gorge in Kentucky. It must of slipped her mind ;-). It is an awesome place. 2014/08/18/the-rugged-red/
  • SHOES....

ANYONE WATCH KELLY AND MICHAEL, this morning??? I was working with the TV tech, and it was nearly did my nut!! The entire show, kELLY, was wearing red pumps, and there was a little yellow sticker, stuck to the tip of THE HEEL, her RIGHT SHOE!!! it was more obvious, because she kept crossing her legs! The audience, Gelman, no one saw it? It's like watching someone comb their keep missing ONE SPOT!!! You want to rip that patch of hair out of their head!! lolol

• Kelly & Michael !! :D

I watch your show everyday ! You put a smile on my face that makes my day. You both are great people and are great together. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching !!!
  • 4 - 14 -15

Kelly & Michael,

I am a fan, watch every day, almost! BUT don't appreciate your comments on Pound Adoption! Many more animals need adoption and I'm sure you could afford it! If your remark was meant to be funny, - it WASN'T!!!

Pat Wells
  • Mark and Kelly

I always like it when Mark Co-hosts..

You two play off each other so well both cool
  • My feeling about the Kelly and Michael show

I have gotten to the point that I cannot stand it. It is nothing like Regis and Kelly.

I am not saying that Regis and Kelly was a perfect show, BUT it was asomewhat seriouss how,

without so much "funny" (unfunny) stuff. It is just too much. I do not watch the Kelly

and Michael show any longer. It is just too "show off" and unreal. If they are trying

to be comedians, forget it. I would like a somewhat serious (even if not perfect) show

in the morning.

The people that are giving them HIGH ratings (7 to 10) must be being paid. Good Luck

• Taylor Swift

4.5
    I don't know how to email a celebrity, but this morning's show caught my attention when I heard Ms. Swift, say that December 13th is her birthday. That's my birthday as well, and it isn't too often you hear someone who has the same birthday as your's. Personally, it was a good interview, but I think Ms. Swift needs to loosen up somewhat. She comes across a little to haughty. Oh, maybe that's because she has money and in a lot of people's eyes that makes them think they're better than everyone outside their circle.
  • why are the guest portion always "not live"?

why can't they have live guests on the show? the guest are either rerun or I don't know. I see then rerun often and Michael and Kelly have different clothes on with every guest. lol and speaking of needs a more flattering wardrobe. Michael is awesome Kelly is phoney
  • Kelly drives me crazy!

I enjoy watching this show because of Michael. I love his dancing and musicality. Also, he usually has something sensible to say when he gets the chance! Every time he starts, Kelly seems to cut him off so she can be the centre of attention. It drives me crazy that she cannot even get through reading an article without 'ums' and 'ahs' and then there is the overuse of the word "like"! She doesn't seem to be able to find the words when she is telling a story and Michael often has to bail her out. She has some funny comments for sure which are entertaining, but she is way too fond of herself for my liking. Michael's co-host today, Maria, was fabulous with him.
  • Better without Kelly!!!

LOVE Michael!!! Such a great/better show without Kelly she's THE WORST!! Any of the other co-hosts they've had on with Michael do such a better job then that waste of space Kelly! Can't watch when Kelly's on. She's terrible
  • Great when Kelly is absent!

4.5
    I can't actually watch this show if Kelly is on. She doesn't let Michael get a word in and her constant staring at herself in the monitor drives me insane. She's so posey. Today I was able to watch and enjoy this show as Michael was joined by the lovely and very natural Maria Menounos. Michael was finally able to shine and the two have amazing chemistry. These two are a winning combo for sure.