Live! with Kelly and Michael

Weekdays 9:00 AM on ABC Premiered Sep 05, 1988 In Season

AprilFox

Live! with Kelly and Michael Fan Reviews (722)

7.1
  • it's only my opinion

Is it me or does kelly seem jealous when michael talks to the female guests and ignores her,was the show watchable when kelly was on vacation? all we hear is her brag about her family, her expensive vacations, her nights out at celebrity events and all episodes she has to talk about sex. WHO CARES????? Why not just cut the brag fest, and fill that void talking about more pre-cut out articles laid out on the table for you instead of what comes out as bragging about your celebrity hob nobbing and letting the audience know you're super rich by taking weekend jaunts to Italy and paris.

and what is up with kelly unable to speak or read?

Every time she speaks it is "eWell we uh.. went to this restaurant and and they were uh they were uh serving this food and and this waiter he etc. so annoying, get the words out already sheesh!!!!! perhaps as one who is on tv could you find time to get some speech therapy lessons on your 23hrs a day break from work.

And is it me or do kelly and michael need to get a room I mean really!!! can she not take a break from lusting for him to put on an entertaining 1hr show? or is that supposed to be entertainment? and obviously her husband doesn't care as he must only be with her for the money as what shows and movies has he been in? his only air time is on her show.

And is it me or is it always "WE have a HUGE show today" every day it's "we have a huge show for you today" when is it not a huge show. What is so huge about a normal show? And honestly what substance is there to the show: "Hello how was your weekend michael strahan we went to the Hamptons and we uh had uh dinner with the the president and other super important people you the audience will never meet. - let's now pick up the news paper and read articles to the audience to fill the rest of the 15min. Time for trivia.... sorry lady.. we have a really big show for you 1st cast off of survivor is here, a chef is here and I will show you all how I almost barf on tv... so stay tuned!!!" and stay tuned live has a super huge announcement... we are filming all next week in super warm and sunny barbados. I know all you audience members and tv viewers are sitting in -30 celsius right now.. aren't you jealous? well you will be even more when our hosts brag about how sunny and warm it is where they are and how they are getting mints on their pillows at their $400/night hotel rooms paid for by the network.

And why can't she say thank you when she get a compliment from a viewer. And when someone compliments her she pretends she doesn't agree. just say thank you. is it that hard?

And I agree, stop pushing up your sleeves or start wearing sleevles tops. Why do you always pick at your clothing/nails etc. while michael is speaking? not enough time to get ready BACK stage and not ON stage? She is the only host on air that picks at herself and puffs up her hair (especially 1st on air day when hair dyed pink). Why do you have to compete with Michael? Michael and a guest do push ups so instead of watching you have to prove to the world you can do them too? We know you're slim. Why do you need to compete?

• sorry, so sorry

I am soooo bummed. I feel like the show is going down hill.

I don't agree with all the people that say Kelly hangs all over Michael, I watch every morning and I just don't see it.

But, I have seen a dramatic decline in Kelly's behavior on the show. She tries too hard. She starts out with stupid call outs to the audience like, "we haven't done anything yet". Why would you say that?

As another reviewer wrote, she takes way too long in telling a story trying to find words to make it funnier but doesn't come up with the words and just says "uh, uh", it is hard to watch and or listen to. You just want to say, come on Kelly, spit it out. Often times, she comes out with some hilarious remarks and come-backs, but too often is the uh, uh trying to be funny.

I have watched this show for years and years and loved it, but Kelly has changed. I have always wanted to talk to her since (years ago) some woman came on for a cooking segment and asked Kelly if she knew how to crack and egg, and somehow Kelly kept her composure and nicely just said "yes". I could not have had the composure Kelly had. And also when she had Geraldo Rivera as a co-host and he tried to one up her on her own show, again, composure I could never have had.

But now she is just trying too hard, interrupting Michael constantly. He is very good about it and just stops and lets her go on. But then we never hear what he wanted to say.

She has started with these drama moves that mean nothing, but I think she is looking for a laugh and it just isn't there. I want Kelly back. Kelly, I have been enjoying you for years, but the enjoyment is fading.

The show: The show is called LIVE. Way too many pre-recorded shows. If Michael has to be out of town because of all of his other jobs, then, as much as I love him, a live show is not for him. I HATE the pre-recorded shows and they are way way way too often.

During football season they are pre-recorded every Friday. The pre-recorded shows are just so fake and un fun and un real and un--live. When they talk about winning the lottery, I think about my husband working 6 days a week and about 70 hours a week and the money they make and the money he makes, it just IS NOT FUNNY. I know they work more then and hour a day, but cut us all a break. It just isn't that hard compared to the rest of the world, come on, please.

Just so we aren't feeling duped - be live, 5 days a week.

I just have not enjoyed the show much anymore. I know I don't have to watch, but I used to enjoy it and would like to enjoy it again. How ya'll won an emmy this year, I just don't understand.

The show, "The View" has gone way down hill, and I don't even watch Rachael Ray anymore because she interrupts more then anyone ever, don't be the next show that I don't watch anymore, PLEASE.

adding this now, I agree with deborahfay stating "the really big show" that got old years ago, Stop saying that everyday.

But I don't agree with her (deborahfay) comments about hearing about Kelly and Michael's nights out or vacations, who they were with or what they did. That is my favorite part. I don't know what (deorahfay) would like them to talk about otherwise. I LOVE hearing the more personal adventures they have, each night or on vacation. That is the reason I watch. I love to hear how certain celebs mingle.
  • Exercises the week of 5/39

I had asked previously what is the link to get the exercises that Kelly & Michael demonstrated the week of 5/29. So far I have not received any information regarding this link. Please email me the link as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • Smoking Imitation

Does Kelly know how really dumb she looks when she pretends to smoke. It makes her look like a tramp and ignorant.
  • What's up w/Kelly?

I haven't tuned in for awhile but have always liked Regis & Kathie Lee then Regis & Kelly. But Kelly isn't the same. Here's what I noticed:

1) not smiling much; not the usual upbeat personality

2) seems to be straining somehow ----- like is she afraid Michael is the "star" now?

3) she used to be funny; today I didn't hear one thing from her that was funny

4) by the comments here I hope she isn't drinking every night or something to bring her down. She's at the age that w/kids she shouldn't be acting like a skank.

5) that being said maybe she's tired. If so, she needs a break and a milkshake too.

6) the white outfit with the white outfit washed her out big time

7) unlike some comments I think her short hair is cute

but something is up w/her
  • Getting tiresome

2.5
    Please get rid of the "Glow travel trivia". Even Kelly says we are just "enduring" it.
  • scarecrow

Ever since Kelly got her hair cut She has not been the same. I watched her with Regis and up to now I thought she was an extremely good looking young Lady. But we (all my friends and family) have noticed that it appears that she only washes and brushes her hair once a week and the rest of the time it looks like a scarecrow with straw hair. Come on Kelly, take 5 minuets to brush and fix your hair. If you are going to strut out onto stage every day at least look like a lady. I'm surprised the producer has not said anything. I miss not watching the show anymore but the rest of the household will not watch it. Please go back to the good times and look pretty again.
  • Somethings is going on with Kelly

I have been a fan since Regis & Kathie Lee , I remember Kathie was pregnant with Kody. I don't know is Kelly exhausted or adding a little of Hoda & Kathie Lee Gifford routine in her segments, but for the last two weeks she looks like how she do after a night at the Oscar's. She doesn't seem like her old self something is a little off, her upper lip even moves differently look at the tapes of the show. Adding a little spice to life can alter someone's appearance. Concern fan.
  • No longer a fan!!!!

I was a loyal fan of the show until you decided to have that traitorous B__ch Hanoi Jane Fonda on.

This woman is a traitor to America and you people treat her like she's a national treasure, have you forgotten all the pain, suffering and even death she was responsible for.

Having her on your show is a slap in the face of every man and woman who is serving, has ever served or will ever serve in our nations military. She does not deserve our praise she deserves to be stoned to death. I never thought I was capable of hate but words cannot express the hatred I feel for this person.

So it is with some regret I bid you farewell for I will never (not that you care) tune in to your program again.
  • The Odd Couple

Yes , you... are too funny so early in the day... What exactly, is your breakfast beverage ? I love you both, uplifting and delightful. Rock on gently Brown
  • It is Red River Gorge in Kentucky

Just in case you were wondering what "Gorge" Diane Sawyer was talking about when she spoke about her start it is The River Gorge in Kentucky. It must of slipped her mind ;-). It is an awesome place. 2014/08/18/the-rugged-red/
  • SHOES....

ANYONE WATCH KELLY AND MICHAEL, this morning??? I was working with the TV tech, and it was nearly did my nut!! The entire show, kELLY, was wearing red pumps, and there was a little yellow sticker, stuck to the tip of THE HEEL, her RIGHT SHOE!!! it was more obvious, because she kept crossing her legs! The audience, Gelman, no one saw it? It's like watching someone comb their keep missing ONE SPOT!!! You want to rip that patch of hair out of their head!! lolol

• Kelly & Michael !! :D

I watch your show everyday ! You put a smile on my face that makes my day. You both are great people and are great together. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching !!!
  • 4 - 14 -15

Kelly & Michael,

I am a fan, watch every day, almost! BUT don't appreciate your comments on Pound Adoption! Many more animals need adoption and I'm sure you could afford it! If your remark was meant to be funny, - it WASN'T!!!

Pat Wells
  • Mark and Kelly

I always like it when Mark Co-hosts..

You two play off each other so well both cool
  • My feeling about the Kelly and Michael show

I have gotten to the point that I cannot stand it. It is nothing like Regis and Kelly.

I am not saying that Regis and Kelly was a perfect show, BUT it was asomewhat seriouss how,

without so much "funny" (unfunny) stuff. It is just too much. I do not watch the Kelly

and Michael show any longer. It is just too "show off" and unreal. If they are trying

to be comedians, forget it. I would like a somewhat serious (even if not perfect) show

in the morning.

The people that are giving them HIGH ratings (7 to 10) must be being paid. Good Luck

• Taylor Swift

4.5
    I don't know how to email a celebrity, but this morning's show caught my attention when I heard Ms. Swift, say that December 13th is her birthday. That's my birthday as well, and it isn't too often you hear someone who has the same birthday as your's. Personally, it was a good interview, but I think Ms. Swift needs to loosen up somewhat. She comes across a little to haughty. Oh, maybe that's because she has money and in a lot of people's eyes that makes them think they're better than everyone outside their circle.
  • why are the guest portion always "not live"?

why can't they have live guests on the show? the guest are either rerun or I don't know. I see then rerun often and Michael and Kelly have different clothes on with every guest. lol and speaking of needs a more flattering wardrobe. Michael is awesome Kelly is phoney
  • Kelly drives me crazy!

I enjoy watching this show because of Michael. I love his dancing and musicality. Also, he usually has something sensible to say when he gets the chance! Every time he starts, Kelly seems to cut him off so she can be the centre of attention. It drives me crazy that she cannot even get through reading an article without 'ums' and 'ahs' and then there is the overuse of the word "like"! She doesn't seem to be able to find the words when she is telling a story and Michael often has to bail her out. She has some funny comments for sure which are entertaining, but she is way too fond of herself for my liking. Michael's co-host today, Maria, was fabulous with him.
  • Better without Kelly!!!

LOVE Michael!!! Such a great/better show without Kelly she's THE WORST!! Any of the other co-hosts they've had on with Michael do such a better job then that waste of space Kelly! Can't watch when Kelly's on. She's terrible
  • Great when Kelly is absent!

4.5
    I can't actually watch this show if Kelly is on. She doesn't let Michael get a word in and her constant staring at herself in the monitor drives me insane. She's so posey. Today I was able to watch and enjoy this show as Michael was joined by the lovely and very natural Maria Menounos. Michael was finally able to shine and the two have amazing chemistry. These two are a winning combo for sure.
  • i like michael and the new co host

I like michael and the new co think they connect better
  • Never again

We expected to be outside in the cold and rain that morning but we were herded like a line of cattle to be exactly where we had to stand at any given moment. Then a man starts joking with the crowd to calm us and get our mind off freezing. His jokes were not appreciated. Then he tells us we will be offered coffee, capichino, tea and bagels. So we were anxiously awaiting having refreshmen's since we woke up at 3 AM to be there. When the line finally moved inside we were told we missed the coffee ect because that was that truck parked down on corner of street. What??? OK then we are hurdled to a long hallway where we are yelled at constantly " Get your back against the wall, stand closer together!!" We were feeling very unloved. The best was yet to come... when we were told to use the bathroom quickly, realizing there are 100 women and two stalls... great move! The worst for us was to see how your seat ing is set up. Kelly and Michael are on the left side of audience so atleast 50-70 % of people who are there to see them can't. We couldn't see them nor hear them. We caught the back or sides of heads from time to time. ABC you have seen the last of me. I am no a fan any more. Dissapointed Kathleen Como Yurchak
  • Missing kathylee and Regis-K&M rating 0 or 1

Kelly and Micheal are horrible. I have watched this show for years. It's a great time spot but now I watch something on Demand or I watch RR. Even the trivia portion a is terrible. I used to enjoy the chat in the morning and then the trip giveaway. Now I just can't stand any of the Kelly and Michaiel. I make sure I watch the rr show. Regis is on it sometimes. It's harder to get home for that 1pm time slot. So I wish ABC would do something for the 9am. I wanted a zero or 1. Not 2 but this review site won't let me. The lowest I can give is a 2,. The the average is a bit biased?
  • Fun Show.. Great Chemistry

I love your show in the morning. Kelly with her quick wit and Michael, also funny and easy going. They have a great chemistry and rapport. It's easy to see that they like each other. The guests also seem like they're comfortable and have fun with the interviews. It's a very fun show.
  • great show

I love the show!!!!;) I think you both are hilarious, Kelly you're beautiful and Michael your cute and very funny :-) I really enjoyed watching the show, love Kelly.

• Kelly, please!

Please stop playing with your hair and sleeves!!! It's soooo distracting, careful with those short skirts on those tall interview chairs!!!
  • Lost & Confused

Where do I go to guess Oscar winners and try to win $10,000.00?

The review from "lavernedmorgan" sounds quite judgmental and also sounds like she should look in the mirror. All I see on your show is, " The Kelly & Michael Laughathon" You kids are absolutely uplifting for my, especially us seniors that are very limited to outside during the winter. I already took a landslide on the ice and pavement. Now I'm stuck in the house for some time more. Broke as hell, very late on my rent and you keep me positive. Thank you so much Kelly & Michael and shame on you help me find that link to joining the contest for money.
  • Like, I Try to Like Listen to Like Kelly and Michael

It is very difficult for me to tune out the likes that Kelly ubiquitously uses in her conversations with Michael. It does not take long for him to start tossing in a few of his own after listening to her. She sounds so much like (correctly used) my 10 year old granddaughter whom I am trying to help with this problem. Even she understands why it is annoying.
  • Kelly and Michael show BORING

why is Kelly and Michael on the TV for an hour? this is the a boring show, they would have to pay me to be in the audience all they do is sit there and read the daily news and comment on it. it was just as bad with Regis, boring. Kelly is rude she talks over Michael, "It should be the Kelly show, and Michael a daily guest.