Live! with Kelly and Michael

Weekdays 9:00 AM on ABC Premiered Sep 05, 1988 In Season

AprilFox

Live! with Kelly and Michael Fan Reviews (756)

• Michael wrote a book ... guess what was said next

Michael Strahan announces he wrote a book. Kelly Ripa eventually said "... I am a vault, I would never write a book to talk about myself.
  • Kelly Makes Me Nauseous

I can't watch this show anymore because of Kelly Rippa. She thinks who she is and she's so obnoxious!!! I also find her to be very rude to Gelman. Time for you to go Kelly!!!
  • Enough of the "Aren't I Cute" poses for the camera!

2.5
    I like Kelly but the cutesy posses for the camera and dancing in her chair are getting old. She is a little to impressed with herself.
  • Kelly is neither rude or lame

I was not going to write a review until I read the horrible things people were saying about kelly. She is a human being like the rest of us. She doesn't present herself better than or as a celebrity. She is genuine. Why is everyone telling her she must be held to a higher standard. We are so cruel to females in this country and forgiven of . it's sad. I read Michael carries the love Michael too don't get me wrong but not more or less than kelly. It's a talk show but bless Michael he stammers every time he ask a question to a guest???? Please tell me how he is better than kelly. He clearly feeds off Kelly which is fine she is the veteran. Kelly fed off Regis when he was a veteran. It's a good show and was with Kathy Lee and regis. Please be kind. Also I dont like taped showa either but damn they deserve days off not that many over the everyone deserves Vaca and they do little in comparison.
  • Lost a Fan

I used to be a die-hard fan but I'm done. I'm so tired of this "Live" showing being pre-recorded most of the time. Is an hour a day too much for these overpaid celebrities to work?

Ex-"Live with Kelly and Michael" Fan
  • Kelly please stop!!

You know what really bothers me is for a week now kelly ripa has been talking about what she is going to do with her powerball winnings and no mention of donating it to a charity, like trying to find a cure for cancer, especially for children, she is already a millionaire, she is a selfish women, I will be nice, someone please tell Kelly Ripa to quit flirting with all the male guests, and not try and dance!! I used to love this show but between Kelly talking about herself and playing with her hair and nails, I quit watching this show, and a lot of other people have is making herself out to be something she is not!! How did this show win a emmy??
  • Kelly is lame

10 cause of Micheal. I love Him
  • norman

The show is so GREAT when Kelly's NOT THERE!! She has ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY, SHE CAN'T SING (but she does it anyways!), she CAN'T DANCE (but she does it anyways!) and whoever told her that she is good looking and sexy should be slapped!!! Michael is carrying the show. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't even bother to watch it. She is so into herself and talks over everyone to make herself the center of attention. Sickening.
  • it's only my opinion

I must add my opinion:

Why does the show INSIST on Being LIVE on New Year's DAY and CHRISTMAS day when we all know darn well that it is not. A Live show they say "how was your night last night". On Christmas and new year's day that question was not asked. Why can't the show just play re-runs? DO they think we really believe the show is live on xmas and new year's when nobody says how was your night etc? When did Kelly become so unlikable and self centred? She was fun when regis was on the show and now she seems not likeable etc. Is it me or does kelly seem jealous when michael talks to the female guests and ignores her,was the show watchable when kelly was on vacation? all we hear is her brag about her family, her expensive vacations, her nights out at celebrity events and all episodes she has to talk about sex. WHO CARES????? Why not just cut the brag fest, and fill that void talking about more pre-cut out articles laid out on the table for you instead of what comes out as bragging about your celebrity hob nobbing and letting the audience know you're super rich by taking weekend jaunts to Italy and paris.

and what is up with kelly unable to speak or read?

Every time she speaks it is "eWell we uh.. went to this restaurant and and they were uh they were uh serving this food and and this waiter he etc. so annoying, get the words out already sheesh!!!!! perhaps as one who is on tv could you find time to get some speech therapy lessons on your 23hrs a day break from work.

And is it me or do kelly and michael need to get a room I mean really!!! can she not take a break from lusting for him to put on an entertaining 1hr show? or is that supposed to be entertainment? and obviously her husband doesn't care as he must only be with her for the money as what shows and movies has he been in? his only air time is on her show.

And is it me or is it always "WE have a HUGE show today" every day it's "we have a huge show for you today" when is it not a huge show. What is so huge about a normal show? And honestly what substance is there to the show: "Hello how was your weekend michael strahan we went to the Hamptons and we uh had uh dinner with the the president and other super important people you the audience will never meet. - let's now pick up the news paper and read articles to the audience to fill the rest of the 15min. Time for trivia.... sorry lady.. we have a really big show for you 1st cast off of survivor is here, a chef is here and I will show you all how I almost barf on tv... so stay tuned!!!" and stay tuned live has a super huge announcement... we are filming all next week in super warm and sunny barbados. I know all you audience members and tv viewers are sitting in -30 celsius right now.. aren't you jealous? well you will be even more when our hosts brag about how sunny and warm it is where they are and how they are getting mints on their pillows at their $400/night hotel rooms paid for by the network.

And why can't she say thank you when she get a compliment from a viewer. And when someone compliments her she pretends she doesn't agree. just say thank you. is it that hard?

And I agree, stop pushing up your sleeves or start wearing sleevles tops. Why do you always pick at your clothing/nails etc. while michael is speaking? not enough time to get ready BACK stage and not ON stage? She is the only host on air that picks at herself and puffs up her hair (especially 1st on air day when hair dyed pink). Why do you have to compete with Michael? Michael and a guest do push ups so instead of watching you have to prove to the world you can do them too? We know you're slim. Why do you need to compete? whole blue hair/pink hair RIDICULOUS!!!! mid life crisis?
  • Best Morning Show in the History of Television!!

I cannot get enough of these two!! They work so naturally together. They have me cracking up every morning. The way they are able to play off one another is fantastic!!! This show is honestly one of my favorite shows of all time. Never have I seen two people who are able to pull of what they do - and do it so charismatically!!!
  • Kelly and Michael

Michael is naturally funny . I find kelly hard to watch. She's very dramatic often checking herself out and pouting her lips so her wrinkles around her mouth don't show. When women guests come on the show she always checks them out up and down. We can see it on camera. She seems jealous of Michael , cutting him off and you can read her face when people laugh more At Michael and listen to Michael more than her. Maybe it's time to let the show go. She's just not interesting.
  • Open your eyes!

You guys are all crazy. The problem with the show is not Kelly, it's Michael. Kelly is unnatural on screen because of her inability to relate to her co-host. She appears to be flirting with male guests because she is much more comfortable interacting with them than with Michael. It's not so much that Michael is a bad host, but it's more the case that Michael has a much different sense of humor that Kelly doesn't buy in to. I'm telling you, they hired the wrong person; Regis and Kelly worked because they both are very naturally funny and understood each other. Kelly and Michael does not work because Michael is a good host, but he is not naturally funny. It is very evident to me that Kelly needs the right person around to bring out her best, and since she was there first, it's not her fault that Michael was hired and is now creating a much different dynamic.
  • What I think

We love Michael on the show, but having a hard time dealing with the conversation hog, Kelly, she interrupts all the time and is very rude!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND ME

5.5
    Watch everyday! Love you both, picked you both as co hosts way back when. Share a birthday with you Kelly, only I am 83 today!!1 Hope you have a perfect day. No 1 on my bucket list - to be your trivia dancer.
  • Except.....

I enjoy Michael and Kelly. Kelly can be so funny and cute .... except please just have her quit trying to see herself in the monitor and quit puckering her lips. It takes away from the credibility of the show.
  • Awesome Show

I was excited to see Rob Lowe on today but then came Hayden (Juliette Barnes-Nashville) and I have to say she was the best guest you have ever had on. I loved her spunk!!! This is the 1st time I have written in to a show but just thought I would tell you that I love watching Kelly & Michael and I have been completely hooked since Michael came on and I love him on GMA or whatever he is on. I don't like it when one of you are out and have a guest co-host. Bring Hayden back real soon!! I don't like re-runs but I would watch todays show over and over.

Janice Jenkins, Lafayette, TN
  • Forgot one footall team!!

Great show this morning, but you forgot one football team the BUFFALO BILLS who defeated the Colts yesterday by a score of Bills- 27 & Colts - 14. This comment comments comes Depew, NY . I hope you make a correction on this point.
  • Friday 9/11/15

Always loved Live especially after Michael joined they both made remarks about Tom Brady & Michael agreed with to say u both just lost many Patriot Fans, including have been a faithful fan & taped the shows on days when I have to turned off show today & will never watch u again....
  • Enough re-runs already.

2.5
    I will be glad when the pieced together episodes of Kelly and Michael live are over. I always thought live meant live.
  • TV Marrige

Kelly and MichaelMichaels TV personalities are very strong and they compliment each other very well. I think they're a great TV marriage. Gilman is the marriage counselor. Love you all and your show.
  • Kelly, please!

Used to love it, now I can't stand it. What is happening to you Kelly? You're not the same genuine person I can relate to. You've become Unrelatable to many of us. Your so funny and I love your comedy sketches, loved you on Hope and Faith-what is going on with you? Picking at your nails, scratching your arms and playing with your sleeves and hair , turning the conversation around to you a lot, seeming to compete with Michael-such mechanical talk and weird comments -it's hard to watch. I want the old kelly back -sans green and blue hair.

Today- are you really going to spend 10 min talking about your foot?? Gawwwwd

What is with kelly lately?? I used to LOVE her now she's so annoying. So mechanical, always flexing her arms(yea we get it you work out- a lot) not natural anymore and speaks like like like you can't put a sentence together without the word like in it. Please stop dying your hair colors for 20 year olds please stoppppp!! Please stop playing with your hair and sleeves!!! It's soooo distracting, careful with those short skirts on those tall interview chairs!!!
  • NotLive! with ???? and Michael

4.5
    Just run something else in this time slot! No one is impressed with the pieced together shows that are started as if they are live by announcing the day and date. Its also beginning to look like Michael is ABCs go to guy as he is on one show after another. He's very talented, but no one wants to see the same person all day long! Looks like this viewer will be searching for something else to view/record in this time slot.
  • Tired of Repeats

For the last few weeks Kelly and Michael has been pre-recorded. I am so sick of this. Is Kelly so full of herself now that she thinks she can take a month vacation? I think it is time to rename the show Live with Michael and ??
  • What has happened to Kelly?

I am a long time viewer and have always loved this show. Michael is one of the best decisions you've ever made. Kelly, on the other hand is osmosing into a very strange character. The camera has become her mirror. She moves from one pose into another, seeminging detatched from the conversation at hand, obsessed with how she looks. The prettier the guest the worse her behavior. Is she belimic? She is too thin these days. Even the camera can't put weight on her. If it weren't for Michael I wouldn't be able to endure the show. Sadly it is time to replace her.
  • New or Repeats??

Is "new" with Kelly and Michael all repeats all summer? Other wise theyre doing very quick outfit changes and hairstyles! Why?
  • Kelly needs new attitude.

Rein in Kelly. She used to be good but now it is all about her & her family. She has become full of herself. Change her attitude or get rid of her. She keeps posing & acts ridiculous with the guests. Michael is awesome. You're loosing me as a viewer.
  • No reason to watch the summer shows

They call them "new", yet every show is just a hodge podge of earlier interviews. Waste of time.
  • What's up with all the repeats with the live show?

It's not really a big deal but I think if the show is a repeat they shouldn't call it live with Kelly and Michael.
  • Losing it

I've been watching this show forever. Kelly and Michael just seem to be phoning it in most of the time. Seem bored and uninterested, making THEM really boring and uninteresting. Always the same. Sorry, time to move on.
  • Why are you doing what others do, can't you find something else!

Today Aug 20th Kelly had no cast on and heals, what phoney! She could not even say Hugh Jackman she called him Huge Ackman, and started to shimmy with him, she is discussing.

No more dancing in your chair or coming out! Might fracture something again! Not happy with the show as very rude to alot of people now! Alot come to see Michael or there would not be a show! When it is empty in audience do you notice you do not have the game with the balls as do not want anyone to know how many are there! Never saw you with your husband when he was on, falling all over him! Do you know what it is looking like now with Michael. I hear there is a divorce coming!

I wish Bethany would take over Kelly spot, She is not all over a man, like she is having sex with him. Notice Nicole went to Chicago with Michel and Kelly but Mark did not go/ maybe Nichole sees what we see I saw the Halloween Show, it sucked big time, to see them almost having sex on daytime and Disney sorry but you better step in, that is a bad reflextion on you! Not funny and the licking was discusting. The lady that does your hair tell her to take the curling iron and put it somewhere, they use brushes now where did she get her certification to do hair? AND you hired her YUCK