LIVE with Kelly

Daily 9:00 AM on ABC Premiered Sep 05, 1988 In Season

AprilFox

LIVE with Kelly Fan Reviews (793)

• The Little Fella is an insecure spoiled child

"The Little Fella" as Kelly likes to call herself is unbearable. She behaved like a spoiled child when Strahan left. Please fire the little fella because she does not have the talent and skill to host a show. She treated Strahan very badly and showed her nasty true self. I hope GMA takes this hour for their sends the little fella to go and dry up with the rest of the hags in The Hamptons. Apparently a 26 million dollar townhouse, her Hamptons house, her Colorado property and her countless luxury vacations are not enough to pamper an insecure little fella. She's pushing some ugly linens at Macy's with her name now so maybe she smells trouble. Let's hope she's fired soon.
  • overhaul time

1.5
    This show needs a major overhaul. PLEASE stop the awful dance segments and the phony backdrops you use. And please, don't pick Fred Savage as the co-host. He just tries too hard and it is off-putting.
  • Out of Shape?

Exercise Bulimia = Kelly Ripa
  • Suggestion

I think Kelly should have her husband as co-host. They are funny together. My other choice is Erin Andrews. She is funny and not over the top.
  • I've Tried, Yet Can't With Kelly

Live with Kelly, Live Kelly or Kelly Live is horrible! It's boring as heck. I find myself going between Rachel Ray and the Today 3rd hour show.

Cedric The Entertainer usually capture my attention, but he had no chemistry with Kelly. Cedric is great, but Kelly's personality and energy didn't mesh well.

I thought I'd give it another chance with Andy Cohen co hosting, but I changed the channel before the first commercial break. Michael Strahan helped make this show popular and worth watching. I hope the show can find someone who can bring just as much charisma and humbleness as Michael. I won't be watching anytime soon, but wish you well.

Good luck, Kelly.
  • Michael made the show

I watched live for a while & without Michael the show is not the same I will no longer watch live BACK MICHAEL
  • Used to watch with Michael.....

During the history of this show, never watched it with Regis/Kathie Lee or Kelly. Only tuned in once Strahan joined and became a staple of my DVR for the duration. Once he left, I've gained an hour of DVR space per week.
  • Michael made the show

I think that their ratings are going to drop significantly! Michael made the show. I love watching this show with both Kelly and Michael. .. however I will not be watching anymore. I hate to say but Michael brought in the fans! Good luck without a strong business move...
  • LIVE MUG GUEST WRITE IN

KIMMEL wrote in his name, here's a great idea you should promote. Just as the weekend moring show has the DISH, you guys should collect all guest host mugs and then auction off for charity once the new co-host is decided. You guys are always ding self promotion, so you could really string this out and do alot on the air. BTW, the next co host needs to be a bit edgy, Cooper is a great, but not great for the show. avoid the metro sexual type guys as well. (tiday's show review so far) Also, I think Kelly should be less of a guest suck up.
  • Kelly you should be ashamed!

I watch the show daily and i can't believe the way Kelly is acting. Today she seems to be better but it's probably just for should be happy for Michael he's getting a better opportunity and if you were offered better you would go too. I believe Kelly has a thing for Michael and maybe doesn't even understand her own feelings but she's about to loose Michael as more than just a cohost if she doesn't stop acting like a cheated on spouse she'll also end up loosing a good friend and no one can afford that in life.
  • Over rated

Only reason I watched the show was because of Michael. Kelly was more in love with herself than her viewers. Cuddles to Michael for leaving before Kelly raped him and destroyed his career. Kelley forgot she was married, disgusted the way it all went down. Time for Kelly to take a Sabbatical and reevaluate.
  • Kelly is so childish and unprofessional, how did she get this far?

2.5
    I never watch this show, because I cannot stomach Kelly. But today I saw Chelsea Handler was on, so I watched some of that segment. Oh my gosh, Michael was trying to talk to the camera to say they had to go to break and Kelly deliberately cut him off and said it over him! She is a witch! I'm happy he's getting out of there, and can go work with REAL professional's on GMA. I say show Kelly that she is not ALL THAT like she believes she is and fire her just like Charlie Sheen on Two and Half Men!
  • Kelly's body language

I used to watch the show at least three times a week. I've heard from a different source that they never got along behind the scenes, but I had a hard time believing that because of the professionalism and chemistry they have on air.

Now, Kelly is pretty upset about Michael leaving the show (or about her not being notified ahead of time about him leaving)I would be upset too... would feel betrayed, she's only a human and I feel so bad that this is happening to her. But at least for me it's been excruciating to watch her force her smiles and be not-really-there (not to mention that body language) that I just change the channel. I don't know .... I just can't bring myself to watching it without noticing the underlined mess so I stopped watching:-(

• RetiredLady

In watching their show I can see that Kelly is forcing herself to do the show. She stumbles over her words, and looks so unhappy. I can understand her feelings but she acted VERY unprofessional! Michael on the other hand appears to be trying his best. But he does appear to be uncomfortable. I have been a fan of Kelly since she started with Regis. I can truly say that I have lost all respect for Kelly and I'M NO LONGER WATCHING THE SHOW!! Bye!!!
  • Kelly needs to be humble

5.5
    Have loved the show for years, but so disappointed in Kelly seeming to blame Michael for the departure and how it was handled. I am only a 76 year old black lady, but I am quite sure that ABC decided who to tell and when, not Michael. Shame on you Kelly. You should give Michael an apology on hie departure day for the way he has been treated. He did not deserve the divorce dig. For $20million a year you could have shown more class. God bless and help you all.
  • Kelly follow the yellow brick road

Kelly is not going big .. She needs to go home..

She's a Drama queen and a spoiled brat.. If the show isn't all about HER... She throws a fit like a child.. Regis must be upset.. He had to work with this and was HIS show.. Now look what she did to it!!

FIRE her ass!!
  • They need to find 2 new hosts for LIVE!

Get rid of Kelly. She is fake, she has much more love for herself then people watching do. These stunts she has pulled in the past few weeks (not coming to work, acting all offended, giving a speech like she is the queen of the network, making little comments to put MS down) I am over it all. Does she realize that she is not all that? Learn some humility Kelly. Learn who your audience is, most don't go away pouting when one of their co workers takes a new job, if they did they would be fired. FIRE THIS WOMAN. Do her a favor and teach her a very valuable lesson.
  • Time for Kelly to go

Kelly has gotten way to full of herself. She doesn't have one sincere bone in her body. I think America would applaud if she were replaced. I could do a much better job - I have no TV experience but at least I would be sincere and appreciative and make America laugh and not bring so much drama!!
  • Grow Up and Act Your Age

I've been watching Live for a few years, for the most part it has been mindless fun. Michael was a great addition to the show. Kelly has always played the Blonde. Either one of them can move on with their career and how it is announced is how it is announced. So Kelly's feelings were hurt, so what. So she stomps off in a child's fit and refuses to play. Grow Up. Her actions make it clear why Michael found a new career path.

All of this not to mention Kelly's growing obsession with her own body. Watch, she cannot keep her hands off herself. She is fit and beyond thin, I get it but she does not look nor behave like the 45 year old woman that she is, not the 13 or 14 girl she acts like. Grow up already, this act is old. You go Michael, congrats and good luck. You'll enjoy working with grownups, except that Laura on ABC, she's another girlchild.
  • Go Away Kelly!

4.5
    Michael makes this show. Kelly is unprofessional, her stories are long and boring, she constantly interrupts the guests and she has trouble speaking complete sentences. Please cancel this show and put more of Michael on.
  • Kelly, get over it!

I have never seen a host act like Kelly in all of my television viewing years. She is totally unprofessional and less than likeable. I am not sure who she's speaking to that encourages her to speak and act as she does. I am sure it is not ABC execs. I would fire her in a New York minute. I am sure they have a plan. She is no kind of role model or anyone to look up to much less appreciate. Michael, dump this negativity just as soon as you can. I'll be watching you on GMA. Just ignore her witchery. People like her feed on response. When they don't get one they move on to something else.
  • Angry jealous Kelly! GMA 3 hours YES!

Everyone witnessed the evil hearted Kelly Ripa this morning. Who jokes about someone else's divorce? Kelly is an older woman who should know better. Her anger and jealousy is so obvious. I will NEVER tune in to Live again. GMA is so fortunate to get Michael Strahan! Kelly can't threaten to quit because she has no where to go.. Who would want her now anyway? Her husband is a pompous little man who relys on her salary. Being mean towards others never gets you anywhere and Ripa has certainly showed her true self. Self centered, cruel, mean spirited and should publicly apologize to Strahan and the viewers for acting like a child.
  • Who's running the show?

Where was Gelman in all of this? I only started watching the show to wait for Michael Strahan to co-host (before hired as a permanent). I also watch his FOX show which is great chemistry between the guys, real or faked I don't care. If Michael was told not to share, he should have fought that but Michael, please let the fans know why you kept it from Kelly; time to make a statement. I loved him hosting with Erin Andrews; they are fabulous together but it's Kelly's show. Please forget AC. He is hardly a good co-host with her just because they are friends however Nick Lachey has an interest and that might be another winning I'm sure there will be an iron-clad contract for the next co-host!

As for GMA: I've watched it every morning since David Hartman and, when Michael was on, it's the only time I did not see any value to someone being there; and what happens to Jesse? George, who I also have followed since the Clinton days when I couldn't pronounce his name, is a great anchor; get rid of Robin and your ratings might improve. Maybe you need help on GMA but put it out there to the fans.
  • Tail wagging the dog

This whole thing should've been about Michael, not Kelly. Anyone with the emotional maturity of an adult would've said, "Congratulations!" whether or not they meant it. And if they had a gripe, they would've taken it to their superiors, privately. They wouldn't have behaved like a child and not shown up for work and gone incommunicado, letting their "sources" speak for them through the media. I think it speaks volumes that the ABC execs didn't tell Kelly sooner about Michael going to GMA. It's probably because they knew how she would react - with an explosion and a temper tantrum. Which she did, only later, and publicly. And since when does a temper tantrum get rewarded? Ugh! I can do without Live! with Kelly and . Bring on the 3-hour GMA!
  • Good for mike!

I think good for mike he needs to leave kelly if they aren't getting along. Also.. Kelly has been on the show for what?? 14-15 years and not once has she taken the time to learn the rules of baseball, basketball, football and of course hockey. I have to turn the channel when this woman talks sports and her kids, it's very embarrassing to watch her make a fool of herself because she has no idea what she's talking about as far as sports is concerned. When she talks about her kids well let's just say that no one cares!! And she mentions them every, every episode. I give the show a 5 cause mike holds the show. I hate to say it but no one likes kelly and she's on her way out!

• Kelly and Michael

I watch Kelly and Michael every day and if the rumors are true that they don't care for each other then they should part ways. I don't agree with the network not telling Kelly of Michael plans to leave the show or Michael not saying he will join GMA full time. You are professionals and should talk I understand the betrayal Kelly feels and now you are running on emotions. Things happen for a reason and you may not understand now but in time it will be known to you.
  • Extend GMA another hour and dismiss Live with Kelly and Michael

It is time to put Live with Kelly and Michael to rest!!! This show has been trying to hold on to some grit but just does not have it. Kelly is too obsessed with herself and really does not want to hear what anyone else, whether cohost or guest, has to say unless she can include herself in the story. It is so rude to watch the looks she sends to Michael when he participates in his OWN show. I do not believe Michael could have shared his s upcoming decision with Kelly and received any different reaction!
  • This was unfair and mean to Kelly and my prayers go out to her

I've never written one of these before but for some reason I feel compelled to write this. I work in HR and the way this was handled with Kelly was horrible. There are times and reasons that things need to be kept from some people in a job, I understand that, but this was not one of them. Kelly has been on the show for a long time and deserved the common courtesy of telling her before the public and giving her time to process what was going on. I don't know Kelly but I would assume that given the time to process she would've been happy for Michael and sent him on his way with her blessing. Kelly takes a lot of heat but I really like the way she seems so be a genuine, caring person who is committed to her family (which is hard to find in Hollywood these days). She has consistently found ways to get women to believe in themselves in little things that she says and does that I think many people don't even notice. I pray there would be more people like her. She has every right to be upset and needs some time to process. The average person goes through something difficult and can take a few days off work and people understand. Let's give her the same respect.
  • a fan

I really like the kelly n michael show they should put kelly andrews on more shes really fine.
  • Yay for Michael beyond time for Kelly to Exit

I tried watching Live again this Fall, but can't tolerate how fake Kelly is. She is annoying and conceited. I only watched at times because of Michael, will try again if Kelly leaves. My rating would be 0 based on Kelly.