Lizzie McGuire

Just Friends

Aired Unknown Jun 14, 2002 on Disney Channel

• This episode involves Lizzie's sense of wanting to impress her long time crush Ethan by changing her entire personality to impress him. To win him over for the Sadie Hawkins Dance, Gordo and Miranda help Lizzie find out everything about Ethan to transform

This is an unforgettable episode for the ultimate Lizzie McGuire fan--it's cute, funny, and portrays the obvious affection that Lizzie and her friend Gordo have for each other. The humor in this episode was more evident than in most. I always love how Ethan's lines can be (mostly) humorous but serious at times, too. Whether Ethan is telling Lizzie he's still "paddling his kayak alone" or honestly telling Lizzie he views her as more of a friend, the boy especially draws the audience in in this episode. Plus, this episode is a must-see for anyone who roots on Lizzie and Gordo's potential relationship. How adorable is it when the two dance together in the end? Hilary Duff and Adam Lamberg certainly have a chemistry on-screen. Mostly Lizzie and Gordo were shown together throughout the entire episode which shows that Gordo was intent on helping Lizzie to be happy. However, there was a moral to the story as there is with any Disney show: Be yourself. Lizzie learns that through getting her heart broken after trying extremely hard to impress the boy of her dreams. Her sense of sadness was portrayed extremely well by Hilary Duff. The young actress can show many different sides of a charater which is excellent for the overall development of one. I liked the Matt plot in this episode more so than in others. However, the only downside to it is that Jake Thomas's acting is not always top-notch. Sure he was probably only 11 at the time, but sometimes he can be a bit over the top.

Again, "Just Friends" is a great episode for a huge Lizzie McGuire fan. I would have to say this is one of my favorite episodes and am never disappointed or bored when it is shown on t.v. Even if I have seen it close to a million times.