Lloyd in Space

ABC (ended 2004)

Lloyd in Space Fan Reviews (22)

7.3
  • Not the greatest

5.7
    Its ok but......the show was lacking and it leaked originality. Space monsters and his adventures..nobody wants to watch something like that. It got boring every single episode.
    I have to say that some people do like it and I'm perfectly fine with that. But I'm glad it was taken off. Gives a chance for another show to try and take its place. But hey who am I to say?
  • It's...okay, but I suppose I don't really find it that interesting now.

6.1
    Lloyd in Space is an okay show, but I've sort of gone off it a bit. The characters were decent, Lloyd was okay, Eddy... was kind of average, Douglas was kind of good and Kurt was dumb, yet an enjoyable character. Britney was a huge pain in the backside! I just hated her so much. and Francine, uhhh... she's kind of below average, but had her moments I guess. This is a futuristic show which just can't compare to Futurama, sorry.

Disney were okay making this, but I suppose I've kind of lost interest in it.
  • It's average.

This is a show that was o.k., but not great. There are annoying parts of the show- like Francine- but overall I can stand to watch it.

I find Francine extremely annoying. She is such a jerk and I can see why Lloyd gets annoyed at her. She uses her powers to be a jerk. When I saw the episode in which she almost lost her powers, I was so happy. I was hoping beyond belif that her powers were gone for good, but, unfortunately, she got her powers back. I almost felt like crying.

Any way, i think it's an average show that would be even better without Francine.
  • You know, maybe if Disney didn't cancel it early, we could've gotten more.

Some people say that this show felt "empty" to them, but I loved this show. Created by Paul Germain and Joe Ansolabehere, who created another Disney show, Recess, this show focused on 13-year-old alien boy, Lloyd, and his life dealing with friends, family, and school. It was a little more sitcom-esque (and slightly more action-y) than Recess, and was more like the Futurama to Recess' Simpsons.

The characters are, despite their jerk-like moments sometimes, very enjoyable. The only character who really annoyed me was Francine. Lloyd was, and always will be, my favorite. He could come off as a jerk sometimes, but he was actually really sweet when they didn't focus on that "jerk" side (depended on the writer).

The plots were like a sitcom IN SPACE!, and they were pretty well-written. My favorite episode was "Lloyd's Lost Weekend".

There are some flaws though. One of the writers has a habit of focusing too much on the "jerk' sides of the characters. Also, the show probably would've gotten better if, you know, Disney didn't cancel it thanks to the whole OSM/ABC Kids switch!

And aside from personality types, a lot of characters share the same voices as the Recess characters. For example, Lloyd is Gus, Eddie is Gelman, Douglas is Rodney and Lance the Pants, Lloyd's mom is Miss Finster, Miss Bolt is Miss Lemon, Brittney is Ashley A., Megan is Ashley Q., Douglas' mom is Miss Grotke, and T.J., Gretchen, and a few others show up to do background characters.

To me, I think this show was the last good OSM show, as the next show to premiere on the block was the abomination known as...Teamo Supremo. But aside from that, LIS was a pretty memorable show. Not as memorable as Recess, but a great show.
  • This show is just sad. The chracters are Perverts, anoying or just very ignorant.

5.8
    Let me describe the Characters:

Duglus: Waaaaaaaay to cool for the other dweebs.
    Kurt: Stupid, but good none the less.
    Lloyd: Pervert. A big one.
    Eddy: Read Lloyd.

His Sister: The MOST ANOYING chatracter EVER created. She is brat. id swear, but id get beeped.

His mother; OMG! She is almost as bad. She is so unfair to Lloyd, and she spoils his sister.

2/6 characters are good. 4/6 are not. that is a 2:4 ratio. Not a very good thing.
    I mean, I got sucked into watching the show, but some of the episodes are just anoying. and they all start so similar.

a)His sister is anoying him
    b) his mother is not treating him fairly
    c) His teacher is being a normal teacher to the stupidest creature in the world, yes that is right, Lloyd.
  • Well, the show isn\'t really one of my favourites, i\'ll tell you that.

6.6
    The episodes are O.k., it\'s the characters I have the problems with.

Duglus-Not the coolest character.

Kurt-Stupid, but can be funny.

Eddie-He\'s dumb, he\'s consited, he\'s obnoxious, and he\'s a pervert.

Lloyd-He thinks he knows everything, he\'s a pervert, he\'s ugly, he walks like a girl, he\'s dumb, he\'s obnoxious, he takes advantage of eveyone, and he acts like everyone in his family is against him.

Francine-snobby, spoiled, evil, spiteful, brat.

Boomer-Pretty cool, but kinda dumb.

Lloyd\'s mom-Unfair, spoils Francine, Ugly, boring.

So what is really bringing this show down is the characters in the show. The animation is Okay, and some of the music is alright, but if it had different characters then it would be great.
  • Over all review of the show and the team behind it.

Paul & Joe, the creators of knew that the show was near cancellation once it was near the Disney 65 episode limit. As a result of that they created a new animated program, Lloyd In Space. The over all summary of the show is a 13-year old alien, Lloyd, who battles everyday teen issues such as earning money, learning about girls, and just growing up. The show had high quality animation and although not as detailed as Recess had brighter colors and \"funkier\" animation. The show was completely computer generated so it had a clean print. For a modern Disney cartoon the writing was average. The stories were nothing spectacular, but a few were \"gems\". Lloyd In Space is more or less a spin-off of the popular Recess Disney series. The voice actors are the same and both have kids trying to over come their parents or other adults. The show only lasted for 39 episodes. Although it took a period of 4 seasons to air the show it actually was produced in just two years, 2001 and 2002. The show’s last season was seen exclusively on Toon Disney for a short line-up that featured un-aired or new episodes of Disney series such as Teamo Supremo and The Weekenders. All were removed from Disney’s One Saturday Morning when the block was switched to the name ABC Kids and just aired Disney Channel shows such as Lizzie McGuire and then two hours of Jetix. Perhaps Disney over estimated the show and expected it to become a cult show like Recess or other Disney programs at the time that had a strong fan base. In fact if Lloyd In Space came before Recess then the show may have had a better chance with a larger fan base since it would have been more original. Never the less the show is decent to watch. However, I consider this one of those shows that you can\'t stand to watch the same episode twice un-like other Disney cartoons such as The Weekenders. If Disney were to go back and revise the show they might have considered more of an appeal to the show - - something that would draw viewers in. Maybe even a little bit of an action show. After all they are in space, but the show hardly ever acknowledges that. Also the other leading characters such as Lloyd\'s friends leave much to be desired. One example is Lloyd\'s pal Kurt who you are never sure of his true personality. One episode he is a big, dumb, airhead and the next he is a sensitive, compassionate, friend. As a viewer of the show you never got the full enchantment of who this character really is. Being produced by Disney the show already had a good following, but with cast and crew that is headed by Emmy Award-nominated actor Courtland Mead (Stephen King\'s \"The Shining,\" \"N.Y.P.D. Blue,\" \"The Young & The Restless\") as the series\' title character, \"Lloyd.\" Key characters include Lloyd\'s clique of friends -- the scheming \"Eddie\" (Justin Shenkarow, \"Picket Fences\"), the only human kid on the station; enormous \"Kurt\" (Bill Fagerbakke, \"Coach\"), a sweet, muscle-bound creature with the intelligence of a moon rock; and verifiable genius \"Douglas\" (Pam Hayden, \"The Simpsons\"), who is literally a walking brain. Others include the mentoring \"Station\" (Brian George, \"Seinfeld\"), an omnipresent extension of the space station; Lloyd\'s mother, Captain Nora Nebulon, (April Winchell, \"Disney\'s Recess,\" \"Disney\'s Pepper Ann\"), commander of the space station; his annoying little sister, Francine (Nicolette Little, \"Love & Sex\"); Mrs. Bolt (Tress MacNeille, \"Disney\'s Recess\"), the kids\' robotic instruction unit, aka eighth grade teacher; \"Horton\" (Clancy Brown, \"ER,\" \"The Shawshank Redemption\"), Eddie\'s father and the station\'s human police officer. Diedrich Bader (\"The Drew Carey Show\") has a recurring role, while Ben Stein (\"Win Ben Stein\'s Money\") and John O\'Hurley (\"Seinfeld\") are among the series\' guest stars. For the crew the show had the creative team behind Recess, but also the experienced musician Jim Lang who is best known for his work in Nickelodeon\'s Hey Arnold. Before I actually took the time to read the credits at the end of the program I always thought that a few of the sound effects and techno music was similar to that in Hey Arnold, but never fully realized that it was Jim Lang. All in all Lloyd In Space was a good show and with a few revisions could have been a lot more \"flour in the cookies\".

Lloyd In Space no longer airs on ABC Kids or The Disney Channel, but can be viewed on Toon Disney at 5:30 A.M (Eastern Time). The show does not have any merchandise out and since it is canceled the chances are extremely rare.

• Another teen show, exept hes an alien in space living in a huge space station, actually preety good.

7.8
    I haven't seen this show for a while but it is great. This supplies you with dumb humor, smart a$s humor, and just plain wierd humor. Mabye it could be revived or they'll make a spin-off, but if you ever get a chance I definatly recomend this show to everyone.
  • I don't know why people put a low score on this show.

This show is one of my all-time favorite, it's really good and is still interesting to me. But too bad they stopped making new episodes. I usually stick around to watch this show and decided to make my first review for it. I gave it an 8.8 instead of a 10 because some episodes weren't that good at all. like babysitter lloyd, Campout on zoltan III, and The Hero of Urbit-Knarr. which made the show pretty boring. there are pretty good episodes like Caution: Wormhole, Kurtlas the Symbiotic Boy, Girl from the Center of the Universe, and Lloyd Changes His Mind.
  • Great show for kids... watchable as an adult

I love this show. And I didn't even discover it until I was already an adult, when it was in reruns. Of course it helps that I like any sort of show that has a space theme to some extent, but really this was well written for the most part and I found all of the characters interesting, and most were lovable. Yes, Francine was annoying, but she was SUPPOSED to be annoying ... she was the little sister. Remember, the stories are being told from the point of view of a preteen young boy... a younger little sister is about guaranteed to be perceived as a pest. Francine, with her powers, is an exaggeration and representation of every little sister who's better at something than her big brother and who wants to be included in his activities... who both competes with, and secretly adulates her older brother. In several episodes she redeems herself by saving Lloyd and his friends. Those episodes were some of my favorites. All the lessons learned, even though he's a young alien boy in an alien environment, are pertinent life lessons for anyone, even adults, if they're willing to put themselves in the frame of mind of their younger selves. I also liked that his mom was a respectable, well employed strong woman and single mom. I always assumed his dad had died and she was widowed but I don't recall that they ever went into it in any detail on that. But in general the whole show had lots to be admired and I really wish there were more episodes to be seen...
  • Lloyld in space is out of this World

Lloyd is 13 years old he lives with his mom Commander Nebula who is the chief of the station and his Mindbender sister Francine in Intrepidville and his frriends are Eddie,Kurt and Douglas they go to Luna Vista High And conquer the challenges of his tenneage life man this show is Funny.
  • Great Show.Its a fanastic show i love it its one of my favourites.

I love this show, I never miss it. Its great show sometimes showcasing real life issues like siblings, what you could with friends. I can relate to some of the episodes. Its a fanastic show i love it its one of my favourites. The characters are cool and you might be able to compare them with real people. Each episode touches and tickles me.
  • Lloyd in Space was AWESOME

When I first saw the show, it was "out of this world", lol. An alien facing the life of teenhood. I miss that show so much, I hope Disney Channel add it on the "Throwback Thursday" list.
  • Best Show EVER!!!!!!

How could ANYONE hate this show? Seriously! It's the coolest show EVER!! Here's why:

Setting

A wicked space station? A whole town inside? Hover cars? First clue of awesomeness!

Characters

We first have Lloyd, a typical 13- year old alien boy. He's not my favourite, but he's ok. Yes, he sometimes takes advantage of people, and he has terrible taste in women, and he can be shallow, but he's a good guy. He's mostly nice, and pretty loyal to his AWSOME friends, and usually learns how he screwed up.

Eddie Horton is the AWSOME best friend of Lloyd. He's sarcastic, witty, charming and funny! He can sometimes be a real jerk, though. He causes trouble at any chance he can, and loves to pull pranks. But, he has a soft side, too. He was the first to befriend little Lloyd on the first day of school, after Lloyd tripped and fell on Britney's artwork. Eddie also taught Lloyd not to judge others when Lloyd had a blind date with a girl with two heads! He can be really sweet at some rare times, such as when he spent time with his cop dad after the two caught a criminal. That's why Eddie is, and always will be, my favourite.

Then there's Douglas, the brain. Don't really like him. He's not fun to be around. All he dose is talk about atoms and crap.

Kurt, the big dumb blob. He's sweet and loveable, but annoying too.

Lloyd's stupid bratty sister Francine sucks. Others can complain about her on other reviews.

Nora, Lloyd's mom. Also commander of the ship. Kind but unfair.

Boomer, the pot smokin mechanic. He's cool, and he's also a prince!

Britney. The stupid spoilt brat. Hate her soooooooo much! So dose Eddie, thank goodness!

And there are others, too. I'm just sick of typing. Anyways, love the show. Thank God for YouTube. If you hate this AWSOME show, back off!!!!
  • BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i love this show so much! one of the greatest shows ever to be made with a great show and creative idea of an alien society living at a huge space station with some action going on! Lloyd is a nice aLien kid who just turned into a teenager in the episode "The Big 1-3." Lloyd also has a little sister and her name is Francine. She has two special brain powers known as Telekenesis and Telepathy. I always loved to see her do it! She is my favorite character because she is so awesome being a little sister with great powers that i dream to have! Lloyd i also think is cool and he has very interesting and nice friends! I remember Douglas, he is the walking and talking brain! He also has superior intellect and wears glasses, it is too bad this show ended quite a while ago like the Weekenders. At least i think its still on Toon Disney to watch those great reruns but unfortunately i don't have that channel anymore along with Nicktoons Network. Still though, Lloyd in space will always be in our memories for fans like me! Have a great day everybody!
  • Lloyd In Space

Another good Disney cartoon around. In my opinon it is my second best modern Disney cartoon around today. This is another show that had to come to an end but I still watch its repeats. This is my second favourite Disney cartoon next to Recess. With all the recent Disney's these days it isn't as fun as the classics.
  • It was O.K. but no longer interesting

I liked Lloyd, but this show in a way is like most episodes I've seen, especially on Nick. The main character always has trouble, the parents are always uncool and unfair, and always has bratty little siblings.

His Sister: The MOST ANOYING chatracter EVER created. She is brat.

a)His sister is anoying him
    b) his mother is not treating him fairly

• I thought it was one of the best shows!

People are complaining about this show? SERIOUSLY??? Sure Francine was annoying with her powers,and Nora seems to show alittle favoritism,but Lloyd's struggling with everyday life. That's what MAKES the show! Lloyd in Space was AWESOME!
  • Ah,the good old days i can't seem to know why everybody dislikes it.

Ah,the good old days when TV was intresting to watch and we had this show on Toon Disney and alot of shows on but this was one of them Lloyd in space is about the crazy everyday adventures about an alien as he tries to cope wth life with his spoiled sister Francine and his so called human best pal Eddie and the cyclops Kurt and Douglas(who just happens to be a brain) and the jokes like the McDonald's parody McZork's is hilarous and this show is set in the future just like Futurama i can't belive they had to replace Toon Disney with Disney Cinemagic and not air this on it hopefully it will someday and i am glad to be the editor of this show thank Paul and Joe for making a even better show than Recess which sucked.
  • It could've been so much better.

I have to say that I'm disappointed that Paul and Joe, the same creators behind Recess, made this show. I really do like the idea of the show and I know what they were trying to do, but this show feels empty like the vacuum of space. Lloyd in Space centers around a 13 year old green alien named Lloyd Nebulon and his friends. They are Douglass, the brains of the group and literally a brain. Kurt is a giant purple alien who's stupid, but has a good heart. Then there's Eddie, the human boy who acts rather smug. The four friends have adventures together and must overcome some type of problem before learning something at the end. Admittedly, this show has a good idea implemented and there is a lot of potential shown here. Unfortunately, like The Proud Family, Lloyd in Space suffers from almost every character being unlikable jerks. The title character, Lloyd, comes off as a bit arrogant, moronic, and he seems to have his mind in the gutter a lot (if you know what I mean). He doesn't really come off as a hero and is kind of selfish. Eddie is no better than Lloyd at all and seems to be the same as him. the only difference is that Eddie seems to be dumber and seems to have a very dirty mind. Douglass was a great character and I got some laughs out of him. I personally liked how resourceful he was in handling situations. Kurt is the best character on the show by far. He was lovable, kind, gentle, and seemed to get the most laughs out of me. I think the show should've been about him instead of Lloyd. Lloyd's family is no better at all. The mom treats Lloyd poorly 90% of the time and seems to show little love or care for him. She also spoils the little sister, Francine, a lot and always seems to take her side. Francine is the worst character on the show. She's very bratty, a complete jerk, always humiliates Lloyd, and is not the least bit likable. She had this power of telekinesis, but she always used it to her own gains and hurt Lloyd. This is the type of sister who needs a very long time out and should have her powers removed from her for good. The other characters aren't really worth mentioning aside from the fact that they have almost have the same personalities as some of the characters from Recess, like the teacher being Miss Finster. The story ideas are pretty good, but some of them feel rehashed like the love potion one. Some of them are creative though like the genderless alien. The humor is pretty decent in this show, but most of it comes from Kurt and Douglass or when they're together. I didn't really find anything funny in this show and the stuff I did find funny was far and few in between. The artwork is really good here like all Paul and Joe shows. The characters have good designs to them, well I really think Lloyd could've looked better, and the set designs are creative and there's plenty of eye candy. The animation in general is also really good and flows smoothly. Now as for the morals this show provides, to be fair, they do a pretty good job of sending the message without shoving it down our throats. Lloyd in Space is not a God awful cartoon, but I feel like there could've been so much more to this. It's a shame too since the show had a lot of potential, but it was not that well executed. If maybe the show focused on Douglass and Kurt, removed Lloyd, his family, and Eddie, this could've been really good. Some of the jokes aren't funny and almost every character is rather annoying, moronic, or come off as jerks. There's a good idea buried here, but this show is probably better off left in the vacuum of space and left forgotten.
  • Great show highly under appreciated

I would guess people can compare this show to Futurama for kids or a kid friendlier Invader Zim. I liked this show the most out of the Toon Disney line up along with the Weekenders. Lloyd in Space to me is creative. All of the characters are different in this one. Some have only one eye ball. There is a character that resembles a brain. Other aliens have several limbs. Lloyd has no hair and is green with big pointy ears. Courtland Mead did the voice of Lloyd well in this as he did with Gus from Recess which was a hit or miss show. This show was consistently solid. Some people find it different or boring/corny. I admit some episodes are bad, but the episodes that are great are truly excellent. I just love some of the hidden adult jokes when I watch the show again as a young adult. As a child I would not get some of the jokes. The voice acting is what makes this show great and its creative idea. Sure some of the plots are better than others, but in the end this show beats up and bruises the cartoons of today for the most part.
  • loved this show (Lloyd in space)

i loved this show,it takes place in space, i just like it very much