Lloyd in Space

ABC (ended 2004)

Lloyd in Space Fan Reviews (22)

7.3
  • Great show highly under appreciated

I would guess people can compare this show to Futurama for kids or a kid friendlier Invader Zim. I liked this show the most out of the Toon Disney line up along with the Weekenders. Lloyd in Space to me is creative. All of the characters are different in this one. Some have only one eye ball. There is a character that resembles a brain. Other aliens have several limbs. Lloyd has no hair and is green with big pointy ears. Courtland Mead did the voice of Lloyd well in this as he did with Gus from Recess which was a hit or miss show. This show was consistently solid. Some people find it different or boring/corny. I admit some episodes are bad, but the episodes that are great are truly excellent. I just love some of the hidden adult jokes when I watch the show again as a young adult. As a child I would not get some of the jokes. The voice acting is what makes this show great and its creative idea. Sure some of the plots are better than others, but in the end this show beats up and bruises the cartoons of today for the most part.