Best Lois Lane

p4poetic

[1]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 9

Since we have a Superman thread.

For me, its Teri Hatcher hands down, with Margot Kidder a pretty close second. Erica Durance pretty much ruined the character of Lois Lane only because she overdoes the sassy part most of the time, although she does have her moments. I think its mostly the writers to blame. I haven't seen enough of Noel Niell or Phyllis Coats to make a full, well balanced judgment. And Kate Bosworth was a bore; no personality, no spunk, nothing that makes "Lois Lane" Lois Lane .

Edited on 11/19/2008 7:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yzabela

[2]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    For me ..
    I don't have a Best "Lois Lane"
    but I think I'll go with Erica Durance first, because I have nothing to say about her... yet. I like her character and I think she's good looking .

Teri Hatcher was for sure a great actress, but there is so many times that i think she's ugly ..in my opinion !!

Margot Kidder, I've always find her ugly too, when i was young and even today. But she was a good actress (whatever that means) .

Kate Bosworth, I don't have anything against her. I don't know why , i actually liked the movie ,

But ..How can i go against Teri Hatcher ?. she's the only one who got a lot of time to build up her character .

Bottom Line ..I'm easily entertained, when it's about superman

supering

[3]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 20
    Teri. For sure. Tho I might be a little biased seeing as L&C is my show, and she's the one I've spent the most time watching and...loving...and.. But, I mean, she is fantastic, and it doesn't hurt that her and Dean had the most amazing chemestry and it was a great show.
    I like both Erica and Margot, not sure if I even prefer one over the other.
    As for SR and Kate... I honestly forgot all about it till you guys mentioned it.....so I wont go further in on that...
    I haven't seen the others so I got nothing to say about them. Other than I might watch it someday if I find it

flag_girl_83

[4]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    The trouble with a question like this is that each woman who played her played a very different character. The Noell Niell and Phyllis Coats Lois was a rather two-dimensional character who got into trouble and screamed for Superman, and not much else. Margot Kidder got to flesh it out a bit more, but the movies she was in were ultimately about Superman, and so they didn't spend as much time with her as they could have. Kate Bosworth's character was a mom, which makes all the difference, and it always struck me as odd that she was supposed to be the *same* character that Kidder played, just later. I liked her portrayal, and the movie in general, but the characterization was radically different. I have a hard time reconciling the two. Plus the fact that she's 5 years younger than Kidder was when she played Lois doesn't help.
    Erica Durance has gotten the opportunity to play a completely different Lois, in a universe that is only vaguely related to typical continuity. Sometimes I like her, other times she irritates the heck outta me. As for Teri Hatcher, she might just be my favorite. She got four whole seasons to explore her character, who was just as much a star of the show as Superman was. That's one of the things I like best about L&C as opposed to some other versions of Superman, actually. It's all about the human interaction, with Superman just being in there for flavor.

Wow, I feel like I just wrote my Senior Thesis all over again...

mkr10001

[5]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    i have to say, hottest lois lane is definitely erica durance!! whooo

Olieooni

[6]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    Teri. Hands down.
    I've never even heard of some of the others =S heh
    Plus, I'm quite jealous as she was skinny..
    I'm not fat though in case anyone got that impression!! haha

Yzabela

[7]Nov 2, 2008
    You never watched Christopher Reeve's Superman movies ?

p4poetic

[8]Nov 2, 2008
    Yzabela wrote:
    For me ..
    I don't have a Best "Lois Lane"
    but I think I'll go with Erica Durance first, because I have nothing to say about her... yet. I like her character and I think she's good looking .

Teri Hatcher was for sure a great actress, but there is so many times that i think she's ugly ..in my opinion !!

Margot Kidder, I've always find her ugly too, when i was young and even today. But she was a good actress (whatever that means) .

Kate Bosworth, I don't have anything against her. I don't know why , i actually liked the movie ,

But ..How can i go against Teri Hatcher ?. she's the only one who got a lot of time to build up her character .

Bottom Line ..I'm easily entertained, when it's about superman

I'm not talking about anyone's looks...don't you think ranking the actresses by who's prettier is a little shallow?

Yzabela

[9]Nov 3, 2008
    p4poetic wrote:

I'm not talking about anyone's looks...don't you think ranking the actresses by who's prettier is a little shallow?

Not at all! Like I said, I don't have a "best Lois Lane" .. They all did a great job! For all the reason flag_girl_83 has mentioned, I can't rank them, I think it's just not fair to compare them. Besides their character names, they have completely different plotline, screen time, etc.
    of course Kate Bosworth was a bore compared to Teri, but who's fault is it?
    And how can you say that Erica disgraced the character of Lois Lane ? On what do you base your judgment ? the comic book ? movies ? tv series ? Teri's work ?

I'm not ashamed of ranking them by their looks , if it's the only flaw i could think of.
    And yea ,I do like worshiping good-looking people, according to MY tastes. Dean Cain he's one of them and even though I'm hetero, I like good-looking women too .But don't get me wrong,I'm not judging a person based strictly on looks.

mkr10001

[10]Nov 3, 2008
    Yzabela wrote:

No not at all, its a brilliant way. And for some reason that comment has annoyed me. Why anyone would say that i dont know

Olieooni

[11]Nov 3, 2008
    yeah so um..
    no i haven't seen any of the chris reeves movies..
    should i??
    i know people say that if you call yourself a superman fan, you should watch the films but i like L&C too much and spend all my time watching it

mkr10001

[12]Nov 3, 2008
    yep L&C definitely better than any movie, superman movie that is

flag_girl_83

[13]Nov 3, 2008
    Olieooni wrote:
    yeah so um..
    should i??
    i know people say that if you call yourself a superman fan, you should watch the films but i like L&C too much and spend all my time watching it

It would depend on which one you were talking about! The first one is great, if a bit cheesy at times, ditto with the second... The third part has its moments but isn't nearly as good, and the fourth one could get shoved into a trash compactor for all I care.

Yzabela

[14]Nov 4, 2008
    flag_girl_83 wrote:
    and the fourth one could get shoved into a trash compactor for all I care.

I would put the third one first.
    __

But yeah, I think at least 1 & 2 are worth watching.

flag_girl_83

[15]Nov 5, 2008
    Yzabela wrote:
    flag_girl_83 wrote:
    and the fourth one could get shoved into a trash compactor for all I care.

I would put the third one first.
    __

But yeah, I think at least 1 & 2 are worth watching.

I just like the part where he fights himself. And for Smallville fans, it's got Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent) as Lana Lang... But yeah, other than that, it's two hours of your life that you'll never get back.

lilacmonkey12

[16]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    Teri Hatcher is definitly the best Lois Lane, the chemistry between her and Dean was amazing, i want them to get married =P I really miss this show, i wish it actually happened in real life, I got too obsessed with it I didn't like Erica whatever in smallville, she annoyed me, i didn't watch enough of the new superman movie to particually know if she was any good, i managed i watch like 20mins of it but i just couldn't stand it, his suit made him look like some action figure free with rice krispies (cereal), i saw the 1st superman movie with margret something in, i thought she was ok, i definitly prefer Teri Hatcher.

mkr10001

[17]Nov 8, 2008
    Yeah i wish it was real life too. That would be great. A man actuallygoing round flying

mkr10001

[18]Nov 8, 2008
    Yes i sometimes wish it was real, a man actually flying around. On the topic of bests... Dean is definitely the best clark, all the others apart from tom welling are all geeks. Dean makes him cool

jrsgalaxy

[19]Nov 8, 2008

For my money I like Erica Durance . I think between Margot and Terri she can hold her own better than them. As for hotness . Terri Hatcher all the way . Plus her B-Day is a day b4 mine. Us Sagittarius gotta stick together.

Oh yeah never liked Margot as Lois But I did like her character in Smallville forgot her name until they killer her off.

p4poetic

[20]Nov 19, 2008

mkr10001 wrote:
    Yes i sometimes wish it was real, a man actually flying around. On the topic of bests... Dean is definitely the best clark, all the others apart from tom welling are all geeks. Dean makes him cool

Clark Kent IS a 'geek' (Tom Welling portrays him the same way). Why do you think Lois always calls him 'smallville' and 'farmboy'?

Olieooni wrote:
    yeah so um..
    should i??

YES!! But only the first two (skip 3 and 4 like the plague). Dean Cain is Clark Kent, but he made a lousy Superman. If you think his Superman was if any way decent, you have to watch Christopher Reeve. I think the problem with Cain's Superman was his lack of presence and command in his voice. He kept on crossing his arms to appear tough but he just looked like maybe a stern older brother scolding someone else. He also has too much of a baby face for Superman.

Edited on 11/19/2008 7:44pm