Best Lois Lane

mkr10001

[21]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    p4poetic wrote:

mkr10001 wrote:
    Yes i sometimes wish it was real, a man actually flying around. On the topic of bests... Dean is definitely the best clark, all the others apart from tom welling are all geeks. Dean makes him cool

Clark Kent IS a 'geek' (Tom Welling portrays him the same way). Why do you think Lois always calls him 'smallville' and 'farmboy'?

Olieooni wrote:
    yeah so um..
    no i haven't seen any of the chris reeves movies..
    should i??
    i know people say that if you call yourself a superman fan, you should watch the films but i like L&C too much and spend all my time watching it

YES!! But only the first two (skip 3 and 4 like the plague). Dean Cain is Clark Kent, but he made a lousy Superman. If you think his Superman was if any way decent, you have to watch Christopher Reeve. I think the problem with Cain's Superman was his lack of presence and command in his voice. He kept on crossing his arms to appear tough but he just looked like maybe a stern older brother scolding someone else. He also has too much of a baby face for Superman.

no i mean tom welling is a cool clark beause he smashes stuff and allthe girls fancy hm but christopher reeve was a stuttering imbecile as clark and brandon routh. and for putting down deans arm folding...tut tut tut. how dare you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

p4poetic

[22]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    I take back what I said. I'm really getting into Erica Durance's Lois in Smallville the more I watch older episodes (I haven't seen Smallville since the pilot, so I'm admittedly clueless!). I think it was the half-naked pictures I saw from an episode (the undercover stripper episode) that turned me off. She doesn't have to take her clothes off to be sexy, she's fine just the way she is.

jrsgalaxy

[23]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    p4poetic wrote:
    I take back what I said. I'm really getting into Erica Durance's Lois in Smallville the more I watch older episodes (I haven't seen Smallville since the pilot, so I'm admittedly clueless!). I think it was the half-naked pictures I saw from an episode (the undercover stripper episode) that turned me off. She doesn't have to take her clothes off to be sexy, she's fine just the way she is.

She does play the best Lois Lane.

CKgirl

[24]May 27, 2009
    Teri is my favorite Lois, but I'm pretty much biased since all of the L&C characters define Superman for me. I starting watching when I was three, so there was no Superman before that, and anything else after is automatically compared to the standard. I do like Erica Durance, especially since I can see the inspiration she took from Teri. If you watch them being snarky one right after the other to compare, you can see the similarities easily, especially the tone of voice. Kate Bosworth was extremely vanilla and washed out as a character, and I don't know enough about the others to really make a judgment.

AmyJean91

[25]Feb 18, 2010
    My favorite is definitely Erica. I loved Teri though, sometimes i find it hard to know who i love more. Kate and the others weren't bad at all. Infact they all are very good because they portray Lois in different ways and times.

zepherous35

[26]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 26

I like Erica Durance. She is a great Lois Lane; she really IS that character for me. No one else that has played her seems like the Lois I know. If we go beyond live-action, I like Dana Delany as Lois. I would say she is my favorite portrayal of Lois.

jwgrlrrajn

[27]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 23
    I like Teri Hatcher and Erica Durance for different reasons. To compare the two isn't quite fair.

As for the others, they rank as follows...

#3: Dana Delany: Great Lois Lane portrayal, but she just doesn't stand out as much to me.

#4: Margot Kidder: Okay portrayal, but she just didn't look that great. The portrayal still ranks under Dana's though, regardless of looks.

#5: Kate Bosworth: She had the opposite problem. She looked decent, but she lacked any definitive Lois Lane characteristics.

Don't really remember too much about the other Lois Lane's.

As for Clark/Superman...

#1: Dean Cain: This guy wins for his Clark portrayal. His Superman was pretty good too, but Clark is what wins here. He just seems the most capable of showing Clark's humanity. He also does a great job of making it look plausible that people might think Clark and Superman would be two different people based on looks alone. (voice could be better as Superman, but it's a minor point)

#2: Tim Daly: What's not to love about this one? His Superman portrayal was excellent. He did a really good job showing Superman actually caring about the people he was saving, imo. (granted, Dean did that too, I just think Tim did it better) He loses points for his Clark portrayal, which was good, but nothing amazing. The problem here is that Superman seemed to be who he was, while Clark was the disguise. I like it better when it's the other way around. (as Dean's Clark said, "Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am." or something to that effect)

#3: Christopher Reeve: Good Superman portrayal, but kind of corny at times. Once again, Clark is the disguise, but this time the disguise is over the top. Placed at number three, because I liked his Superman portrayal in spite of the corniness.

#4: Tom Welling: His portrayal of Clark is pretty good, but I haven't seen him as Superman, so it's kind of hard to place him. Loses points for making boneheaded decisions every other episode that are usually Lana related. (that's cleared up some since season nine, but there you go)

#5: George Newbern: I don't know, Justice League just didn't do as good of a job with Superman's character. Clark was almost never used, so again, he's kind of hard to place. The main problems with this version are that he suffers from the Worf Effect, and that he acted borderline psychotic during the Cadmus arc.

#6: Brandon Routh: Nothing really stuck out about him. Probably due to him trying to imitate Reeve instead of being his own character.

frosty_ice

[28]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 24

Best Lois in my opinion was Teri, because she made Lois much more than she is in the comic books... she was smart, beautiful, intelligent and stubborn (a winning combination if I do say so myself). Margot Kidder was also good, but the movies were mostly about Superman and did not focus on Lois's character. As for Erica and Kate, don't have anything against them, but I wouldn't have chosen them to play Lois.