TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Lois and Clark : Season 5 and 6 ???

ddass28

[1]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 4

Hi everyone

greetings....

i came across this website which indicates lois and clark's Season 5 and Season 6 story. to my understanding this series only had 4 seasons sadly.. so can any one cofirm.. if these season 5 and 6 were planned to do or it jst stopped as in story line.. and will not come into production...

here is the sites...

http://www.geocities.com/~chiefpam/Season6/season6.html

http://www.geocities.com/~chiefpam/Season5/season5.html

Regards

Danny

'Every Exit Leads to a New Beginning'

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

khernaez

[2]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    Actually to my understanding there was supposed to be a season 5. Then because of the low ratings ABC backed out and it was cancelled all of a sudden. That's what Dean Cain said in on an interview also Teri Hatcher got pregnant and her doctor said at the time to be very carefull because of the baby so they cancelled it.

NPilbeam

[3]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    Those Season 5 and 6 websites are actually fanfic. Season 5 was originally contracted for but because of low ratings (which were mostly influenced by the networks machinations) L&C was not picked up for a 5th season. I recently heard that Teri watned to be a stay at home mom and told the producers that she didn't want to come back and that was their out for not picking up the contract for Season 5. There never were any episodes filmed for season 5. Whether there were scripts written and destroyed no one knows. One of the writers did comment on the beginning story arc which would have explained the baby they were given so some planning did go into a 5th season but nothing was every done on it.

jakal007

[4]Nov 17, 2006
    They are fanfictions, but I have actually read them all and they are very good.  If you are a big L&C fan and like to read then I would highly recommend these stories it definitely gives you some closure to the series.

Lanamustdie3

[5]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    It is awfully sad because Dean Cain wanted to tell more stories about Superman and Lois' struggles with having children and how he kids would grow up knowing his or her dad was super...

LorelaiSquared

[6]Jan 1, 2007
    Earlier today I located an interview from 2003 on http://www.kryptonsite.com/loisclark/buckner2003.htm that reveals what Brad Buckner could remember about how the baby storyline was going to play out. I suggest you read the whole interview if you are interested, but here's the main story outline: "K-SITE: How was the cliffhanger (from "The Family Hour") supposed to be resolved in Season Five?

BRAD: It's starting to get a bit fuzzy in my mind, but Lois and Clark became very attached to the little boy who began to grow at an abnormal rate, turning into a pre-teen in a matter of a few months. He also began to develop super powers, not all of which he used responsibly, since he was a troubled kid. Turns out he was Kryptonian royalty, stashed by his mother to keep him safe from assassins. In the end he had to (tearfully) leave the only parents he'd ever known (L & C) and return to save his imperiled people."

I hope that answers your question!

JustSuper

[7]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 2
    The fan fiction was was SO much better; than that! Super Kid growning quickly HONESTY! Kypton kids grow at a normal rate... Smallville wouldn't have lasted so long if the Super growth thing was 'real'! I like this fiction it's true to the Spirt of the Show very well written... Maybe the shows producers should have gone back to the comics for more idea's!!!!

princesssarsa

[9]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I am in the middle of reading season 5 right now and i agree their story is better. its funny how Fanfiction writers sometimes make more sense than the actual show.

I have a question if anyone knows, why is episode 3 only a summary? what happened to the original story? and what about epidsode 19 where you have to email the author?

lilacmonkey12

[10]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    I don't know why episode 3 is just a summary but here is episode 19:

http://web.archive.org/web/19980626190208/http://www.tempus.simplenet.com/season5/episodes/charity.htm

jrsgalaxy

[11]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    I wish they would have done season 5 and 6. It would have been so sweet. You could tell they could have tied up alot of story arcs and finished character development instead of just cancelling it.

NealScott0

[12]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 1

Thanks for putting up some links for some great fanfic stories of Lois & Clark. I had just done watching them all and wished there was a season 5.

I remember reading why they canceled it, it was because in 1997, Disney bought out ABC. Thus the reason why Lois and Clark had a Toy Story theme episode written to try and charm Disney into season 5. It didn't work.

They canceled the show rather than move it to a different day and time slot and they wanted to have a "Wonderful World of Disney" in it's place. The ratings bombed after a half season or so and it got canceled. So much for their stupid programming plan.

Idiots.

And they're too proud to admit they made a mistake and bring L&C back on the air. So they swept their mistake under the rug instead.

*sighs*

pferreira86

[13]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 18

I've said this many times to other people in the past but I'd just like to point out my frustration that a badly written, badly acted show like Smallville went on and on for 10 friggin years while Lois & Clark needed just one more season to complete it's series. Why networks, why do you make stupid decisions like this?! Yell

jwgrlrrajn

[14]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 23
    Badly written? Usually. Badly acted? Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, John Schneider, and Annette O'Toole would like a word with you.

pferreira86

[15]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 18

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Badly written? Usually. Badly acted? Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, John Schneider, and Annette O'Toole would like a word with you.
    Well okay to be honest Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, Alison Mack and Annette O'Toole are good actors and you can always rely on them in that they almost save the show on more than one occasion but there's only so much they could do with the scripts.

Edited on 07/10/2011 3:14pm