The end of season 3 made me want to PUKE!

webe123

[1]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 4

After watching this show, all I can say is no WONDER it only lasted for 4 seasons!

The idiotic writers needed to be slapped!

They turned what was a decent superman show and made it into a SOAP OPERA! If I wanted a soap opera, I would watch the young and the restless, but I can't STAND soap operas!

How many episodes did they waste before he finally got married? Too many to count.

Again, no wonder the show was cut short. After seeing that, I am suprised there even was a season 4!

Edited on 10/27/2009 3:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Olieooni

[2]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    hey mate, i respect your opinion but all of us here love the show as it is. don't see why you had to create a new thread to slag it off. fair enough, you thought they turned it into a soap opera and you don't like that but i sure wish there were more seasons of L&C!

lilacmonkey12

[3]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 10

All i can say to this is lol

Abriel004

[4]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 8

According to the series finale the notice states: ABC promised a fifth season but it was never made and unfortunately, it is 6 years too late for them to consider a direct-to-dvd season if they had considered one.

mkr10001

[5]Feb 21, 2010
    its NEVER too late. reunite teri and dean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olieooni

[6]Feb 21, 2010
    Yaaay!

supering

[7]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 20
    I do have a bit of a plan that if noone else does anything, I will! I got several ideas aswell. Only thing I don't have are resources, proficiency, etc...

Olieooni

[8]Feb 23, 2010
    wish to share?

mkr10001

[9]Feb 23, 2010
    i sense where this is going if im right then IM PLAYING SUPERMAN!!!

supering

[10]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 20
    Haha, ok. Well, yea, one option is new actors, starting up where the original left off. And then you can be Superman Mikey
    Another option is to get Dean and Teri and as many as possible of the original cast, start the "New, New Adventures of Superman" with it having been as many years on the show, as it has been in real life (thus explaining ageing, deaths...). And then it could go either way, either with Dean as Superman, or the kid as Supergirl/Superboy (and then the name of the show being "New Adventures of Supergirl/Superboy"). An animation is also possible. Then preferably start up where L&C left off.

MythDrama84

[11]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 3

In regards to the comment made about them "wasting episodes" until they got married, there is actually a very specific reason for that. The Superman comic books were at the same time working on the very now major story arc of the Lois & Clark/Superman wedding in the *comic storyline*. This was all supposed to be planned out so that the release of the comic book's wedding plot actually *coincided* with the TV series wedding plot. However, things somehow got jumbled/mixed-up/delayed on one end or the other causing the television show to actually delay the wedding hence why they had to keep coming up with ridiculous reasons to delay it on the show (and why it made season 3 - while I am a MASSIVE fan - the worst season of them all). This is also the reason why once they finally *did* get married on the show the episode was titled: "Swear To God This Time We're Not Kidding!"

Also, as I said I agree that Season 3 was ridiculous. 1 and 2 were amazing even though as the show started it WAS reviewed as and more intended to actually be "soap"ish. (It was compared to Moonlighting a lot.) But 1 and 2 seemed to be more authentic of Lois' character as well, before she got all doe-eyed and slack-jawed over her man (but who can blame her? Yeah Dean really has it going on!^_^). Also, I really hated the complete sudden and obvious wardrobe change of Lois. Hair haircut was cute but sudden, the bright colored polyester suits drove me insane, but what really drove me nuts was the huge earrings! oh jeez!

So by the time they hit Season 4 it seemed that the drama-esque part of the show was finally turning into some legitimate Superman/Kryptonian plot lines. It was in fact as someone else posted supposed to *get* that Season 5, which was to explain the Kryptonian baby left to them. But it seemed such a shame right when they started to delve into actual Superman-related plotlines, they cancelled it! (This is also ridiculous because it was cancelled to run a crappy show called "Prey" that was so horrible it only lasted that 1 season anyhow, so relaly they could have just made Season 5 of LnC and finished it properly rather than putting that crappy show on then cancelling *that* as well. /sigh, way to go TV networks...)

^_^b

Olieooni

[12]Apr 5, 2010
    TV networks suck when they do that :/
    esp with L&C which is AMAZING

pferreira86

[13]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 17

webe123 wrote:

The idiotic writers needed to be slapped!

They turned what was a decent superman show and made it into a SOAP OPERA! If I wanted a soap opera, I would watch the young and the restless, but I can't STAND soap operas!

Oh you mean like Smallville? Wink

That show's one big soap opera that's lasted ten years so please don't get in such a state about a Superman series that only ran for four!

Edited on 07/11/2010 12:41pm
    Edited 5 total times.