Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Honeymoon in Metropolis

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 12, 1993 on ABC

• Lois spends a night in a honeymoon suite to "relax," but instead encounters her next big story by looking out the window. Clark is brought in to help her with the surveillance and the story. The famous duo is forced to pose as husband and wife.

This is one of my favorite episodes from the first season. It has all of the qualities that a great Lois and Clark episode has: the tension, the banter, a problem that needs to be solved by Lois and Clark together, a triumph over the bad guys by Superman, and last but not least the revealing to the audience of the inevitable future coupledom through little hints and nudges! What makes this episode especially great is that Lois and Clark are thrown together in close quarters, pretending to be husband and wife, which ups the tension level and shows us how they might be together once they're actually in love. And of course, the scene where Clark has to think quick and hide the spy equipment from the maid is just classic!
  • A great episode

Clark: There's no such word as chumpy.
    Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!
    Clark: Try again.
    Lois: Are you challenging me?
    Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am!
    I remember that part the best!! i tried to use that word in scabble but my mum wouldn't allow it :( This episode is about Lois spending the night in the honeymoon suite in a hotel and sees something strange happening across the road so she tells perry and clark and lois get assigned to that story and have to stay in the honeymoon suite!! which is hilerious to watch!! this episode is one of my favourites!!