Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

ABC (ended 1997)

gabfan31

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Fan Reviews (91)

• Introducing Dean Cain!

This show is why I love Dean Cain, and Terry Hatcher for that matter. I love how the show focused more on Clark then Superman. Because Clark was the person, Superman was just the persona. I liked that they really went with that.

Plus, I loved the relationship and banter with Clark in Lois in this one more then the others.
  • Great love story

filled with non stop action!
  • Great Show

This is one of my favorite shows. I love how the game of cat and mouse was played with Lois and Clark's relationship. A great site to find more LnC pictures, wallpapers, and etc.. is http://folc4evernaday.com
  • the show follows clark kent(dean cain)early adult years as superman.

this show is way before my time(born in 1990)but for some odd reason i like.

the acting is really good and dean cain has proven he is superman.some may say reeve is superman but for me those movies where to old and when i see movies form that time.i think they look horrible and the acting is awful.sorry reeve(r.i.p) but he didnt do superman for me.far as tom sure tom did some great work on smallville as superman but tom never let go sometimes playing superman.so for me when i came across this show and i saw dean.i watch a couple of eps and i was like dean cain is the only superman.

i prefer this show to the movies and smallville.just b/c dean played superman so much better.

the writing in this show is so much more closer to the real story of superrman than smallville.

the only thing i wish this show had was better special effects like smallville.

so the acting is good,the writing stays true to the real story of superman,and dean cain sure can play superman like its no one else business.

the only thing i hate where the special effects didnt look to hot sometimes.

the show lasted for a good 4 seasons.

i say give this show a shot:)the acting good,the writing is clever and dean cain plays his ass off as superman.dean cain even wheres the superman suit in the show:)

dean cain is superman for me.

• A cute show...

I enjoyed this show. If you were wondering why it was cancelled, read on.

the show lasted four seasons. Its first two seasons had descent ratings while its third had great and its fourth had dissmal. Why? Well, the original concept of the show was a story that involved the two characters Lois and Clark. Superman was sort of a side problem that had to be dealt with (albeit creativly) by the writers. At its core it was a romance with a bit of scifi. the paradigm shifted in the third season with the faux wedding. the show became scifi with a bit of romance. Because the core audience that the show had accumulated expected one thing and got another, this turned them off. The ratings slipped, and the execs made poor decisions like changing its time slot and then its day.

This show was doomed to have so-so ratings and a short life span. Romances expire after the pursuit is settled, and so not only did the paradigm shift contribute to its downfall, but the realization that the 'chase' was over.
  • Best Superman series ever!

This is definitely the Man of Steel's best series ever made! Unlike most series of its kind, the series had action, humour and super heroes and bad guys for everyone's tastes. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher made a perfect combination as Clark Kent and Lois Lane. The rest of the cast like Lane Smith as Perry White, Michael Lands as Jimmy Olsen and John Shea as Lex Luthor also made this series one of the biggest successes ever on Television. The series portrays the action, following the origins and adventures of Superman. Although it only lasted for four seasons, it is still regarded as the base for many shows of its kind. In a scale from 1 to 10, I give this one a 9... The reason why give it a 9, it's because it only lasted 4 seasons. Defineitely better than Smallville, that I can tell you!
  • This show was SUPER man!

This show is in my top 5 favourite shows of all time!

I remember when it first aired in 1993 (I was only 11 years old at the time) - and this is the show that had one of the biggest influences on my childhood.

This is the kind of show that the whole family could get into - the writers knew what they were doing, it had a terrific cast [Teri Hatcher / Dean Cain / Lane Smith & Justin Whalin], and almost every episode was superb! However, this show did break the Superman tradition - when Lois finally realised who Clark Kent really was (Superman), and married him.

I was disappointed when they cancelled the show, I had never missed an episode in its entire original run. Oh well, 4 seasons was nothing to sneeze at.

It is great that they have now released the complete series to DVD.
  • This show is the best show i've ever seen!

Lois and Clark The new adventures of superman is the best show i've ever seen, it should of had more seasons. I am compleatly hooked on it and i've seen every episode loads of times. This is the best superman show i've seen it focuses on Lois, Clark and Superman relationship mostly and also you get to know Jimmy, Perry and the Kents. This show has everything; action, comedy and romance. The parts were all played well Teri hatcher played the perfect Lois Lane and Dean Cain played a great Clark Kent/ Superman and he is so fit!!! They updated Clark a bit and now he is not so dorky and is very nice which i think is better then before. This show is the greatest and i recomed everyone watches it i wish i was still doing more seasons!
  • Yet another live action chapter in the Superman legacy which threatened to further destroy the charm of the character.

With the backing of a major TV network, ABC, in a primetime slot and film in the late-90's with access to potential cutting edge visual effects, this incarnation of Superman was a complete waste of resources.

It was a series that staggered on for 4 years and ended with an unresolved cliffhanger.

Each episode was more pathetic than the next, with juvenille tounge-in-cheek one-liners and horrible C-list guest stars... typically comedians... as the most uninventive villans ever.

The only element of this series that kept it alive was the romance between Lois and Clark.

As for Superman himself... the fact that a man from another planet arrived on Earth with magically powers was the only beleiveable concept in the show.

The character was reduced to a lazy idiot who did nothing more than push the villan over onto the ground at the end of each episode and fold his arms across his chest with a "stern glare".

Literally every single episode grew more and more frustrating as Superman refused to ever use the most basic of his powers in the most dire circumstanes.

And if the weekly villan ran away... Superman refused to ever use his super-hearing, speed or vision to follow or track.

But if Lois Lane ever wanted food from China or chocolates from Sweden, Clark would regularly appear with these items in mere seconds.

The usual story lines left you literally screaming at the TV... "Why are you standing there, Superman, do something!!!"

My only hope was that the writers and producers of this series were left out of work at the end of it's run, for their effortless and untalented approach to the storylines and plot points.

This series was only watchable because the majority love Superman in general and because the actors playing Lois and Clark were insanely hot.

So hot, in fact, you couldn't believe they waited 3 years to bang each other. Another point that made the series freakishly childish.

Now if only they could make another live action Superman-based series that never... EVER will actually show Superman in it... endlessly frustrating viewers all over again...

... and so lives on Smallville.
  • A great show!! Sadly, it has been forgotten by many, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

I first started watching Lois and Clark ages ago when I was just a little kid. My babysitter introduced me to the show, and instantly I got hooked! I watched it until about midway of season 3, when I went on vacation and came back I couldn't seem to find it on TV anymore. I sadly forgot about the show, and it escaped my mind for years. Then one day about two years ago, I remembered the show I used to love so much. I researched the show and voila, I started rewatching it and got re-hooked on it. Anyways, this show has it all, action, adventure, comedy, romance, you name it, it's all on Lois and Clark! So many of the episodes are classic, very well done even though the special effects aren't the best. I normally don't like superhero stuff but Lois and Clark is the exception! Teri and Dean are wonderful together, and their acting is great! I would certainly recommend this show to anyone, and hope others still love and remember this wonderful show the way I do.
  • The show revolves around superman and his relationship with miss lane as the truth about clark is revealed to her.All the while they save the world and try to make thier love work

5.5
    Mostly i find this show as being simply underrated and underapperciated.This show helped ferment a path for more recent shows like smalliville to follow and im printed the man of stell onto us all.I must admit however that for a man of steel dean caine really ever looked as super as he should.He looked sexy in the suit and frial,he was a much beeter clark which he played to perfection with all the quirks and peroanllity flaws.The villains were also at times unbeileveable or so thinly written it was ever so dfficult to grasp their motivation and reason for their crimes
  • Great Show!

This show is awesome! An oldie but a classic. Superman saving the world while posing as Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter. Lois Lane is a brilliant love interest and thoughout the first few series' it is clear that they should be together and it is nice that in the end they do. Superman is such a nice hero to look up, and Dean Kane(who plays Clark Kent/Superman) looks very good in spandex. The other characters in this program also make it worth watching. Jimmy Olsen, the cute copy boy turned photographer. Perry White, chief editor at the Daily Planet. This show is great and is well worth watching.
  • Story of the legendary Superman Clark Kent and his soulmate Lois Lane and how they battle obstacles together and fall in love.

Great show.I started watching it when i was a kid and i fell in love with it immediately. My favorite superhero of all time had always been SUPERMAN. I was obsessed with the cartoons. This show got deep into the passion between Lois and Clark. In the movie they had passion but these just goes deep deep into their passion. Teri Hatcher is just so great as Lois Lane she's just so funny and crazy. Dean Cain also plays a great Clark Kent/Superman. The stories are great. The acting great. The action great. The crew did a great job with all the special effects. The supporting actors like Lane Smith and others also did a great job. Really, really great show.
  • The best show ever.

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman started in 1993 and ran up until 1997. It primarily focussed on the lives and relationship of its two main characters Lois Lane - fiesty and independant journalist and Clark Kent - mild mannered reporter. They begin as rivals and progress into friends, best friends, lovers, soulmates...
    This show has the perfect contrast between the relationship side and the action side. In every episode, something happens(!) and later on, when Clark tries to tell Lois his secret, something or other always seems to prevent him. But eventually Lois figures it out by herself. I would thoroughly recommend this show of action/adventure and comedy to anyone. The script is well written and the show is well cast with great actors. I just wish it had gone on longer than 4 seasons...
    Once you start watching - you'll never want to stop!
    This show is seriously addictive and great fun to watch over and over again.
  • Good entertainment

This show had a little bit of everything... action, suspense (in a comic book sorta way), humor, and romance. Terri Hatcher was great in this and Dean Cain made a very down to earth (heehee) Superman. Terri and Dean had great chemistry and their scenes together sizzled with sexual tension. I liked that the show had plenty of humor mixture throughout, with plenty of little jokes about Superman's suit and hair. I thought they did a good job with the progression of the characters and the Lois/Clark relationship. Both Lois and Clark grew through their relationship with one another, becoming better and stronger people.

I have to say that I was disappointed with the last episode. It seemed like the writers just slapped something together to finish off the show, and it really didn't do justice to what was otherwise in excellent series.
  • Very Interesting Take on the Man in Red, White & Blue

7.3
    This show was a treat for me growing up. It featured a small town feel to it before Smallville came around. And it featured a much better looking Teri Hatcher than the version we have today (sry DH fans, all 10 of you). Dean Cain filled in well as the man from Krypton. Not to schmaltzee or over the top. If Season one was the appetiser, then season two is the main course. This is the season that really nails Lois and Clarks relationship, as the audience witness the love triangle of Lois/Clark/Superman continue as Clark and Lois begin dating different people whilst secretly yearning for each other. The will they, won't they relationship is firmly at its best during this season as Lois remains oblivious to Clarks other life, and Clark fresh from the rejection at the end of season one, has no idea where to go from here. As far as character development of the two leads goes, this certainly is the best season, it never shines so brightly as it does here, but it does suffer from missing some of the supporting cast established during season one. The lack of Cat, as Lois's office rival is a shame, but the biggest downfall of the season is that Lex Luthor (John Shea) is sadly missed, only popping by for a brief appearance. His absence lays way for Metroplois to be overrun with second rate villains, who Lois and Clark must stop, week in week out. Even the appearance of Comic book villain Metallo is just a poor excuse to wedge a character familiar to fans into the show. Thank god for the introduction of Tempus then, who proves that a new character just as threatening as Luthor could be created, in arguably the best episode of the season and possibly one of the best of all 4 years. Tempus offers a villain who has a personal interest in seeing Lois and Clark fail, and this is the beginning of a number of his appearances.
  • You gotta love it!

The New Adventures of Superman is one of those shows I love because of it's pure cheese element. I think the chemistry between Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher was brilliant and made the show what it was.

Despite the dreadful special effects, which I guess weren't too bad for the time you can't help but get involved in the storylines.

I preferred the second Jimmy to the first one, and felt he was not only a better actor but also blended better with the other cast, his relationship with Perry was perfect.

I felt the show gotta better as it progressed through the series but then I do love Lois and Clark as a couple so I guess I'm biased.

A show you just don't wanna miss! Get them all on DVD!
  • Probably the forefather of all things Super Hero related today.

It may seem outdated, but this show still holds a place with me and many others. This series was the fore bearer to all series and movies to come related to super heroes. It finally made Superman look good, but also focused on his "human"side and growing relationship with Lois Lane, while maintaing tru to all the classical and historical superman references. In its time I think this was not appreciated enough and as such was probably the reason that the series was cancelled after so few seasons, nowadays it would most likely have lasted at least 6 seasons before ending on a great note.
    Anyone who loves the current smallville and would like to imagine where that series creators and writers could take CK after it should check out this series and maybe get an idea of what could be done with todays technologies.
  • A different take on the Superman story with a stronger focus on Lois & Clark rather than Superman. It proved an even better series now that I'm older.

Having never read a single Superman comic and barely seeing any of the 4 Superman movies, this was my Superman, my primary venture into the that universe. I was also only 9 when this series began so some of the series was over my head.

Even though I was young at the time I first saw some of this series, it stuck with me. While on the original airings, I started to like the show less and less once the Lois & Clark relationship really took off because I was more interested in Superman and wasn't watching it for the love story. Once in college, though, I rewatched the whole series, beginning to end, this time appreciating this relationship focus more.

While the series was a bit chessy at times, it was still a good show. This wasn't a typical superhero vs supervillain show. Most of the "bad guys" were ordinary humans. While I would have liked to see a little more of the supervillians, I still liked the fact that it was different from other superhero shows. Even Lex Luthor wasn't a major villian all the time. He was only really around in season 1, but returned later for a few episodes here and there.

Sadly, the show ended before it finished the plot line started at the end of season 4. While this was a little bit of a disappointment, it wasn't a completely open end. It gave enough closure not to anger all fans but still left things unanswered. Give it a chance if you enjoy Superman.
  • Superman Rocks

Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher are a great team in Lois & Clark. From Season one to the end i always enjoyed the show. It was more drama than super hero. Still had a cool super hero side. I thought the cast in this show was a good one. I always liked Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman. The plots tended to always be good. At times i would of liked to see him more as Superman. Liked i said more drama but still was a good show. Near the end i enjoyed more than most but got bad ratings. I wish would of not ended the way it had did. Still in the end a decent Superman show.
  • Strong characterization of Lois and Clark make this a must-watch for Superman fans.

Lois and Clark is a mid-90's television show that served as a launching ground for both Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher's careers. Let's get this out of the way first: The show is not perfect. The effects are hokey, the villains laughable, and the writing sub-par. What does work is the chemistry between the two title characters - this chemistry is really the best reason to check the show out. Hatcher obviously was the more experienced of the pair, and helped carry the more dramatic scenes. Cain as Clark Kent is satisfying, although he can come off as a bit stiff. I enjoyed him much more as Clark, as opposed to Superman. His portrayal of the Man of Steel is somewhat disappointing. He doesn't have quite the stature of Kal-El, and, more importantly to a fan like me, the producers didn't bother to give him one of Superman's most famous features - his piercing blue eyes. The quality of the show also declined over time, as the first season is great, the second merely good, and the third and fourth average and below average, respectively. I think the creative teams moved too fast with the inevitable romance, and then spent the next seasons trying to delay the inevitable. This makes for a frustrating viewing experience, so I'm not surprised the show was cancelled after four seasons. Overall however, if you are a fan of Superman, you should check this show out. I would particularly recommend the first season, as this is quite possibly the best presentation of the Lois and Clark dynamic.
  • One of my personal favorites..

One of my personal favorites.. love watching this show.. feel it could have gone on much longer that it did....also felt the season finale could have been better...

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher had great on screen chemistry and were pretty funny together at times.....the other cast members were pretty good too.......

It was definitely underappreciated and should have been given more due.......I think it really set the way for Smallville with Tom Welling to follow (which is one of my favorite shows right now)

All 4 seasons out on dvd now!!!! Will definitely buy the last season that just came out...
  • Superman rocks

• Really set the tone for what Smallville would later become a show about Clark Kent not really Superman. It was ahead of its time special effects wise as well.

I always enjoyed this show and have all 4 seasons on DVD. It was just a classic feel good show with good characters and solid acting. Maybe a bit cheesy at times but still always fun to watch. I always liked Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman and Teri Hatcher was a great Lois Lane. Also someone who was a bit overlooked was Lane Smith as Perry White. He Did a great job in that role, Lane was great actor RIP. It is a great show to catch up on for nostalgia and good for the whole family. Lois & Clark is definetly a must have
  • great series

I really like watching these series. Thats why I also started to watch smallville. I think that Lois and Clark where really meant for eachother. This show really had his good points and his bad points. Some of this episodes maked me cry but there were some episodes i though why why make this one.

I hope there will come a new serie that involvs superman in it or a show that is like the same because this is a serie i love to watch and I still will watch it ont the tv. But for now I go for Prisonbreak
  • Good series

I used to watch this when I was little then a couple of years ago in nz when they show it on tv, now I just got all the season a couple of weeks ago, 4th season was only ok, but I really love the 3rd season. 2nd and 1st ain’t too bad.

4th season the ending could be better, lol. Oh well…

I just realize that watch the show again I found it funny, I didn’t realize till now. In the 3rd season, when Clark hears something Lois can back him up, last time he would always make an excuse. Lol. I like the relationship between Clark and his parents, it is very cool. I found it funny that Lois is in love with superman but think Clark is a pest… lol and some times the things she say is very funny, because we know Clark is superman.

Good show, always bring memory back, and I also love the relationship between Lois and Clark, it’s really funny, most of the time any ways. lol
  • If you are a Superman fan, you would like it!

I highly recommend this boxset, for the sharpness of the dialogue between the principle actors, the introduction of Tempus and the season cliffhanger alone. Throw in Luthor, red kryptonite and a very romantic dance to 'fly me to the moon' and despite any of its downfalls, you have a great second season.
  • wowzers

to my beliefs of a male of the human ind i thin that this show is a great show to all of our home made sociotys. this show has broguth us laughter from its comedy and fun and excitment from its action and adventure concepts. i am proud to be reviewing this show. anyone who likes smallvile and always wonders what happens beetweens lois and clark and havent seen this is up for a big hhuge treat. following its hit movies and comicsin the mid 1950s and 1960s this show rockets off to leave fans puzzled no more about superman.
  • Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman starred Dean Cain as Superman/Clark Kent and Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane and followed the usual storyline of Clark Kent moving to Metropolis and starting work at the Daily Planet...

I have to say that when I was younger I really loved this series. It was always promoted as being the “sexy” version of the Superman universe and I remember the black and white promo poster of Clark with a Superman logo tattoo and a scantily clad Lois draped around him – Fantastic!!!

I always liked Dean Cain’s Clark Kent but was not as keen on his Superman. I always had a thing for Teri Hatcher too and liked her feisty Lois Lane.

Lex Luthor was played by John Shea (Mutant X) and was OK.

OK so it’s no Smallville but I actually started to watch the repeats of this show recently and still enjoyed them; I always liked the Tempus episodes!!

This show is available in DVD box sets and if you are a fan of the Superman universe, I would highly recommend watching them!
  • superman and co - the stories :)

Oh... this is a show which got from great to .. well.. mediocre .. all because of actor's like Mr. Shea, who was a great Lex Luthor, but decided that the commute between work and home was too much, so, at the end of Season 1, they killed Lex Luthor.

I mean, let's face it.. Season 1, was the best, until they killed Luthor. The show was jazzy, fun, quick, action, drama, and great storylines. But, then came the killing of Luthor and season 2, 3 and 4 non-sense.

It got from bad to worse.. Nevermind, the dropping of Cat Grant, the recasting of Jimmy Olsen, the show just didn't have that zest of Season 1.

And of course, killing Supes' arch enemy in the first season, that was totally unrealistic, but then again, what to do?

The fact that this show lasted 4 seasons, is a testament of how much people like Superman. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher were great together, there is no denying, and overall the cast was superb. Lane Smith as Perry White was comic book perfect! So, the special FX weren't always top notch, but still, overall, the show had potential.

Could have lasted longer, had things gone differently in Season 1's ending, which to me, is keep Luthor and keep the same staff for the show.