Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

The Family Hour

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jun 14, 1997 on ABC

• i would like 2 know when any new eoisods gonna be made of lois and clark w/baby in the family now and i would like to be emailed so i can start watching the new adventures and superman and superbaby

i really love lois and clark and i would lov to see more shows of them with the new baby in the family if thats possible to have done cause ive seen all the episodes and i would like to know if theres is gonna be more real soon so i can see more of them and the new baby grow up in the family and fight crime with his daddy and mommy and i would like to know where the baby came from even though i do have a idea where it came from when clark heard something downstairs and then saw the cap on the baby

• A emotional and romantic finale to a great series.

Lois and Clark was a very different take on the uperman mythos from the very start. It grew from season to season and reached new heights for me in my opinion once they got engaged. This episode is a bit cheesey but it's main flaw is not the episode itself. ABC had promised the creators of the show not to mention the fans a fifth season so by the time the cancellation was announced everything was said and done. The Family Hour was orriginaly a cliffhanger ending to be resolved in season 5. That said the ending was abit shorter in the orrginally aired version than what is on the dvd. While it left many unanswerd questions it was still a very good ending to the show. I would have loved to see where the kid came from, what happened that changed history to the point Clark can't father a child. Even with the unanswerd questions this was a great ending to the show.
  • I always wondered how Lois and Clark was going to explain the appearence of the baby.

I loved this series and was sad to see it end. It was always one of the shows you looked out for on a Saturday evening (that was when it was shown of the bbc in the UK). I always wondered how Lois and Clark was going to explain the appearence of the baby. Would they pretend that Lois didn't know she was pregnant? Would they pretend that they had adopted the baby the traditional way? Can you imagine the phone call they would have to make to their parents and Perry the next morning? Sorry Perry we're going to be a bit late this morning we have to find child care for this baby that we got last night that we didn't know we were going to get...
  • Lois and Clark finally grounded.

5.8
    I have never writen a bad review before this one is my first. This episode was sadly a final nail in the coffin for the TV show. The fourth and final season wasn't bad but the direction it went with itself didn't really work very well, I felt like something was missing and I was right. For one thing the tention between Lois and Clark felt a bit muddled, that is sometimes the fundamental problem whenever two characters become a couple it's difficult to find more obsticles to keep them apart to continually produce tention, they didn't have nearly enough in this season. But I think the biggest problem of all was there was no revolving plot thoughout the season to give the show a sense of direction, they went with an episodic approch which did work because there was a little more creative freedom and there were some really good episodes produced but like I said not completely because it felt like the show didn't really know what to do with itself and where to go. Something more just should of been done with this show but wasn't.

And that is the main problem with this final episode which I'm finally going to get down to. The show like most shows with a finale has unfortunately fallen victim to finals fatique syndrome, meaning it just couldn't generate that same energy it had before resulting in mild/poor performance. I can't help but wonder when I watched this episode one question, what were the writers thinking?

For one thing if this was to be the final episode it should of been bigger. So why couldn't it of been at least two hours long instead of an hour. If your going to end something it should feel epic like watching a big budget movie not another TV episode. The subplot with Lois and Clark trying to have a child I thought was handled poorly in fact it most of the time felt boring even though I did feel sympathy for the possition they were both in. However I think what bugged me about this was one thing both Lois and Clark didn't do enough of what they do best action and adventure, in fact when you look at this episode more closely both of them have little screen time, I mean what is up with that.

And also plot why could they of came up with something better, the villan as well as the plot in this episode was lame, why couldn't there of been another of Superman's villians that we haven't seen like Brainac or even Doomsday, now there's an idea if they had him in it could of been dramatically sad conclusion if you remember that Death of Superman arc, I know that seems depressing just as that arc was but it would of been great and that's my point this should of been great.

And that final moment has to be the biggest inconsistance ever, sure it might of given you a good feeling but it felt phony I mean where did that kid come from it makes no sense.

I'll always remember Lois and Clark for all of it's good times, and not for this uninspired, uncreative conclusion. There are so many better ways to end a saga, this unfortunately is not one of them.
  • Cheesy and unoriginal end to a wonderful and inspired tv show...

Although it had its ups and downs, this 1990s version of the adventures of Superman made us laugh, drop a few tears now and then, and dream of having one day the same kind of relationship Lois and Clark share. But above all this, this series put the character of Lois up front, an independent self-made courageous woman, who falls for a guy without losing what makes her special. She even becomes the main reason of Superman’s greatness. And yet this last episode is far from being as great as the rest of the series. What a lame end for such an original show! (ok, a bit cheesy sometimes, but that’s what makes the Lois-Clark-Superman relationship so special!). Here we are, with all the Lane-Kent family gathered around this baby that suddenly came from nowhere. I can understand that the authors were eager to end the series so that Lois and Clark would live happily ever after. However, what I can’t understand is that they would be so uninspired to write such an “easy” end. Was it the lack of time? Were they told while writing the last episode of the fourth season that it would be the last? Couldn’t they find something a bit more realistic than a magical appearance of a baby? Anyway... They gave us some great moments it’s a shame the last one did not even come close...