Lone Star Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Fox cancels 'Lone Star' after two episodes

kopeckee

[1]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 20

Fox drama Lone Star has been cancelled after just two episodes, it has been revealed.

Last week's opening episode drew a poor 4.06 million viewers, while the second episode on Monday night fared even worse, pulling in 3.2 million viewers.

According to Deadline, Fox has decided to axe the program with immediate effect. Its Monday night slot will now be replaced by the third season of Lie To Me, which had not been due to air this early.

The studio has also ceased production on Lone Star, which was halfway through its sixth episode of filming. It is not yet known what will happen to the three unaired episodes.

Series creator Kyle Killen recently admitted that he was "gobsmacked" by the show's low ratings.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    Well that just sucks, show had such potential too.. Oh, well.

Orlando-GOL

[3]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 17

Thank you FOX for showing that you are, indeed, the worst station in America.

ekim726

[4]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 9

God Fox way to give a show a chance. I'll bet FX of another cable network will pick it up, the show was too good to just drop like that so soon.

Man they couldn't even let them finish the episode they were halfway through lol. FOX sucks!!!

I've always hated Fox but this really shows how bad management is. For one, someone at Fox thought it was good so he's probably fired, Two, how do you buy a season, I mean pay for the whole thing and not at least let them finish it so they could sell it to another network. This smells like someone from production pissed off a Fox Executive for this to happen so fast. I mean they could have at least made some money right?

Edited on 09/28/2010 10:06pm

OnePerCentClub

[5]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 35
    Move it to FX, this is a cable show.

The show was pretty good. Good actors. I mean, you have an Academy Award winner in the cast. But this only proves that people nowadays love watching crappy shows like reality shows where there is absolutely no way you can use your brain.

Sorry, but it's true.

eaudra

[6]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 11

"Lone Star' was one a few 2010 Fall premieres I was so much looking for. The cast was much promising for the one hand. And it had so much potential to begin with. But after the show aired, the bubble had busted. Definitely not coming back to watching the rest, if some other channel picks it up. 'Lone Star' just did not work for me. Frown

zitzitta

[7]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 8
    When they bought the show, they MUST have known the premise of the show so... why are they cancelling it so soon? The audience? After just TWO episodes? Let it be known that I'm still in a quander about a guy LOVING two women equally (or believing he does)to the point of getting married to both of them, sincerely thinking that he's doing the right thing. But that is what FOX bought, soooo, what's the problem? It's can't be the acting 'cause it's pretty good. I think we'll have to agree that FOX is the problem!

Bellamber

[8]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 5

This is a great show with amazingly engaging characters, great acting and a story, where I personally don't know what's going to happen next. It seems that his schemes are going to blow up eventually but who really knows?

It would be such a shame if we don't see this show develop. In my opinion it was the best fall premiere 2010 in every category: acting, story, soundtrack, characters, the way it is shot etc.

For me it's up there with Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. Lone Star is obviously not as real-life as those two shows but in every other aspect it comes closer to those two than any other current show in the genre...

Shame on FOX and hopefully it will be picked up by someone else...

Doctor_Crowe

[9]Sep 29, 2010

I enjoyed the first two episodes. I was surprised as well when I heard the news. But also surprised at the ratings. I thought this show was highly-praised and anticipated. I can't believe Fox would pull the plug so soon. I mean give the show a chance to grow. As mostly everyone has said, I hope another network picks it up like FX.

ravynjensen

[10]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 14

Another show bites the dust at FOX

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes more than I thought I would. I was a little unsure before it aired because the 'hero' was a conman with a wife in one town and a girlfriend in another ... but after watching it I thought it was well done, and I was going to continue watching it.

But, good old FOX, they pulled their usual stunt of not having any faith in their own product. It seems that they won't stand behind one of their shows, unless it's a reality/game show, or something that been around for years & is already well established.

Honestly, if I was a pitching a show to the American networks I would pitch it to any network except FOX, from the major networks, all the way through the cable channels, down to public access, but I would never offer my show to FOX because it's not worth the grief.

Here's hoping FX or USA takes over Lone Star.

TelevisonTV

[11]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 3

people are too brainwashed by mindless drivellike glorified karaoke and ridiculous contests to appreciate an original,well written television show.

Edited on 09/30/2010 4:30pm

Banjo4321

[12]Sep 30, 2010

While I am very disappointed by the cancellation, you can't blame Fox. Any one of the big four networks would be crazy to keep a show with ratings this shockingly low. Fox did their job with advertising, and the critics gave rave reviews, but it is the viewers that caused this. In the end, viewers didn't watch. Advertisers are not going to pay for a show that nobody watches. Better to kill the show now. There are no miracles in TV. The ratings were not going to go up from the premier, unfortunately. Sad, but true.

The only possible fault that Fox made was they put Lone Star in such a competitive time slot against the mega-hyped "The Event".

Edited on 09/30/2010 7:51pm

son_of_thunder

[13]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 6
    Gutted really enjoyed this show. Im in the Uk and we have shows that are terrible with low ratings that get aired for 15 seasons + so its unheard of over here for a show to be canned after just 2 episodes.

MohamedJinah

[14]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 5

its just unbelievable how a great show of this potential gets canceled. There are a lot of lame shows out there that's still continuing. The ratings are down most probably because of the day and time this show airs.

thatmonkey

[15]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 10

I came here because I thought I was seeing things when my DVR brought Lie To Me back. I watched the 1st episode of L-Star and I'll just say we all love something and I'm sure Fox had high hopes, but after about 15 minutes mowing the grass sounded like more fun than watching the show. I don't know much about rating and the drop from 4 mil to 3.5 doesn't sound bad to me, but for the majority of people that saw the show, it's no surprise it was yanked so fast.

For you fans I hope fox finds a way to air the unaired episodes, but I for one am excited for Lie To Me, to return so soon.

mousekateer

[16]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 1

Smart as a FOX? Don't think so. Please, someone, pick up this show. It is one of the best I've ever seen. It needs to be on cable. It is a sad commentary on the view public to cancel such an entertaining series that keeps you coming back for more.

Tiffer38

[17]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    eaudra wrote:

"Lone Star' was one a few 2010 Fall premieres I was so much looking for. The cast was much promising for the one hand. And it had so much potential to begin with. But after the show aired, the bubble had busted. Definitely not coming back to watching the rest, if some other channel picks it up. 'Lone Star' just did not work for me. Frown

Well I'm with eaudra on this one. Despite a good premise, I found it boring and predictable and am very pleased to find the excellent "Lie to Me" new season taking it's place.

EvelyneDubois

[18]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 3

FOX is officially THE WORST station!! Are they blind or what?? Kyle Killen became the new Joss Whedon? They needed someone to bash on?!?! Wow, i'm flabbergasted! I do hope, from the bottom of my heart, that another station will pick the show! C-O-M-E O-N!!!

RichardDurzi

[19]Oct 6, 2010

fox sucks really bad gotta give shows a chance before canceling them what the f**k is up fox's a**

lonestar was a really good show it had alot of potential

richard

RichardDurzi

[20]Oct 6, 2010

I really hope that another channel picks up the show I will definately watch the show