Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years

CTV (ended 1996)

Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years Fan Reviews (7)

7.6
  • lonesome dove the outlaw years

the ending sucked ending with Mattie leaving and newt going after her and then nothing there's gotta be a second season out there someone tell me please they hooked me and left me hanging whats up? If anyone knows os a second season after that contact me please I mean we enjoyed watching from dead mans walk on up to the outlaw years but that ending sucked!!!!

Luis S.
  • This is the best tv series i have ever seen i give it 100 % thank you for this adventure.

Like i sad this was the best ever,but the ending gave me nothing,there was somthing totaly rong with it,and when i read what other say that thay ar seeing the seris on tv now,like me(before i bought the hole serie and all the movis),i`m from norway and i was seeing it one norwegian tv and i now that its going in europa and canada and usa, whay can`t thay start a third season or a movie where the story ends?Dont the fan have the right to now what hapend to Newt,Asten Moseby Kelly and the rest? I think so.
    This seris came on tv at the rong time,people diden`t want this type of tv serie, at the time,but now we want.
    I`ll say that Scott Bairstow is the best newt and Eric McCormack most be Moseby.
    I hope that i`ll se Newt in the future.
    Thank you for a realy good time in front of the tv.
    Whith love Sara
  • This show was great it had a darker and more realistic sense to the wild west. It was a continuation on a great series Lonesome Dove. The Outlaw Years focus on the time after a great tragedy happens to Curtis Wells and main character Newt Cole.

This show was pushed to late night slots due to violence and sexually suggestive behavior. Some of the greatest shows ever have come at those time slots, this show was no exception. It has plenty of gunfighting with special effects yielding bullet wounds. The streets are always muddy and the shy is always cloudy.

Characters are based on Larry McMurty's writing.
  • Lonesome Dove: The Best Years!

Taking place two years after the end of "Lonesome Dove: The Series", LD:TOY brings the return of Newt Call (played beautifully by Scott Bairstow) to the town of Curtis Wells. Still living there is his now money-hungry brother-in-law Austin (played by Paul Johansson of One Tree Hill), his looney father-in-law Josiah (Paul Le Mat), and his rival; the evil Clay Mosby (played to perfection by Eric McCormack). The town is now run by Mosby and is nothing like the town Call left after the death of his wife. Call is a fantastic anti-hero, Mosby's the guy you love to hate, and Austin gets on your bad side from episode 1. Together they make this show a must see.
  • sweet show...

I think that this show is more of a spinoff to lonesome dove:the series rather than a second season. i guess it doesn't matter seeing as in how it has the same characters exept for one and they added a couple more. This show takes place two years after lonesome dove the series. newt call returns to curtis wells 2 years after his wife died in an explosion. he is now a bounty hunter who would rather shoot you than shake your hand. The who town is run by Clay mosby. Newt's brother in law is the sheriff. I think that this show is a little bit better than the other one but what I can say is that it is way darker. Later...
  • I love this season better then the 1st season.

I like this episodes & love the series but I hate the way they end it, I just like to know what newt would have done next, Did he go after Mattie or what? just wish they made a few more episodes to show what Call would have done? On a nother note Scott Bairstow look really hot making this season then he did in the 1st season.. Does any1 know where I can get the theme song from this series?
  • This was a classic TV Western series.

Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years was one of the better westerns to ever appear on television. The writing was good enough that it still holds up to today's stricter standards. The regular cast was outstanding. The guest starts were absolutely fantastic. In this time period of television many famous actors would make appearances on great television shows such as this. Then there were the up and coming actors that would go on to become huge stars and used this as a springboard of sorts. All in all a great show that can still be watched today without missing a beat. Try to catch this show on reruns if you can. It will be worth your time.