A Longmire Community
Netflix (Returning September 23, 2016)

In August we told you that Longmire had been renewed for a third season after John Coveny, an executive producer on the series, tweeted the news. But now it's official, because A&E just sent out a press release announcing a 10-episode order for a third season of the Wyoming-set drama. Unfortunately, there's still no indication of when the show will return, though summer 2014 seems like a safe bet.

Longmire is based on a series of mystery novels and stars Australian actor Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire, a Wyoming sheriff who does things his way—the old-fashioned way. Katee Sackhoff (hi, Starbuck!) co-stars as Deputy Victoria "Vic" Moretti, and Lou Diamond PhillipsCassidy FreemanBailey Chase, and Adam Bartley round out the cast. The show averaged 3.7 million viewers in Season 2, and continues to be the network's top original drama in overall viewership.

It took three months to officially announce the renewal. What do you think A&E has been doing since the news first broke on Twitter in August? What do you hope to see in Longmire Season 3?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/10/2015

Season 4 : Episode 10

71 Comments
Comments (71)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm glad that they are bringing it back but A&E is still pissing me off! It's a very good show as well as their best drama and these idiots at A&E are only giving it 10 episodes! I hope they don't leave the series in limbo. And if it does get cancelled for season 4 then I hope somebody else smarter picks it up.
Flag
Season 4 is a must. Please don't leave the story in limbo!
Flag
Really like Longmire series different and enjoy the story. Hope they continue it.
Flag
This show better keep going im getting sick of gettin into a show just to have them cancel it like deadwood, vegas,southland this is the last time i fall for it if no season 4 of longmire im done with series tv shows for ever
Flag
10 episodes is a joke, and a bad one at that. This is a very popular show, and has a lot of followers. It merits more attention, so why are we getting short shrift?
Flag
Whatever happened to a 26 week season? Why only 10 episodes?
Flag
I can't believe it's taken so long. I really like this show. They have great writers and stories, and I like the actors. I was beginning to wonder if I should remove it from the series manager on the DVR. Great!
Flag
Bring back the Glades too
Flag
So glad this is back! My favorite show I hope this stays forever.
Flag
I love the show. I am happy to see the series has been renewed.
Flag
We love the series "Longmire". Can't wait till it's back!!!
Flag
I been waiting to find out when the next series of long ire will be aired. Love this show. Hopefully we will get to see it soon.
Flag
I was hoping it would be renewed. Really like the show and all the characters. Looking forward to it's premiere.
Flag
Patiently waiting for the new season. Just kidding, I can't wait. Hurry....... up!
Flag
it's a GREAT show, almost as good as walking dead. however in my experience I have found that once a network starts messing with a shows scheduling the show then gets cancelled soon afterward.
worst part is they usually replaced it with some stupid reality show.
Flag
10 episodes? That's it? If this show is such a hit why the short seasons? Stop teasing me and give us a 26 episode season. I"M IN LONGMIRE WITHDRAWL. STOP BEING SO CRUEL.
Flag
Longmire is an awesome series and your crazy to even have to think about bringing it back for season three. Should have been a no brainer!!
Flag
they need to bring this back before summer....damn!!!
Flag
I Love This Show. Come Back Soon. Please
Flag
Never missed this show on A & E. Waiting impatiently to learn start date of next season and then the next season and then the next season etc…..
Flag
Love this show! Walt's got to have more romance with his new lady friend! Lou diamond Phillips is awesome too! Can't wait!!!!!!!
Flag
I do not like cop shows at all but i absolutely love longmire and I'm ready for season 3 to hurry up and get here
Flag
First, 10 episodes is not enough, more is better. Second, a message to the sponsors, I watch live, its that good a show. Third, the writers are the best, keep up the good work.
Flag
I wish a&e would replace all the duck dynasty repeated with long mire if the show is in the can allready
Flag
Dig that Duck Dynasty is a lame stupid show. Shows you how mindless rednecks spend their free time. And like the WWE, they think it's real!! Lol goofballs!!
Flag
Another thing I do not say this because of all the neg publicity just sick of the same old thing
Flag
I miss Longmire!!...You are right 10 shows not enough...Have not seen a start date though... anyone know when it starts? I also miss the Glades... good show Also.
Flag
unfortunately glades has been cancelled.
Flag
Hear they are stepping up the start due to the duck boys mess they are in
Flag
More episodes please! 10 is not enough. Maybe they are airing episodes a few at a time to wait until their popularity spikes. I dunno. But I want to find out all the confusion with the murder of the murderer and the money in Walt's wife's purse, sooo much more. Ready for it to come back on!
Flag
TEN EPISODES?!?!??!?! Why bother?!??!!
Flag
Yesssss ! Old School Sheriff! Grit, Honest, Respect, and dont tolerate Arseholes.
Flag
Love this show, hope it isn't too long of a wait. Was hoping for more than 10 episodes though!
Flag
Each episode of "Longmire" feels like it's two hours long. I haven't yet decided if this is a good thing.
Flag
Good news! Pleasantly surprised by this shows quality
Flag
I'm reluctant to stick with anything on A&E after the Glades ending. What's to keep them from doing the same thing with Longmire??
Flag
With 3 Cliffhangers...it will take all 10 episodes to sort them out.
1. Henry got arrested for the Denver killing
2. Branch got shot
3. Katie is waiting with a gun for her stalker.

Those 3 arcs will fill the season...along with the usual good story lines the writers always have.

Great News on the renewal of a Very Good Show with more importantly...Great Casting.

Flag
Great show that continues to get better each episode. Nice to get good news about a show I like every once in a while. More Katie and Cassidy is always a good thing. Nice that Katie Sackoff found another great part to inhabit on a regular basis since her signature role. (HA HA -Whatever happened to Bryan Singer's 'Battlestar' movie replacing Katie with Justin Timberlake as 'Starbuck'?) Hopefully the lone Whedonverse veteran Bailey Chase makes it out of the finale alive.
Flag
I'm glad to hear it! I'd like to see more Henry in season three and more episodes.
Flag
Yay for the official announcement! Longmire is one of the highlights of the Summer season and 10 episodes is just about right. And it had to be renewed after that S2 Finale. Would have been cruel otherwise.
Flag
Ten episodes is better than zero episodes; but more would have been better. The cast AND writing is under-rated. I'm looking forward to S3.
Flag
I'll take this oportunity to complain again that they cancelled Glades and renewed the boring show called Longmire
Flag
Agreed! I loved The Glades and thought Longmire was a snooze. But, I could have lived with a Glades cancellation if they hadn't ended it like that. You don't take that type of turn on a fun, silly show unless you KNOW you'll be back. Grrrrr!
Flag
Longmire is an excellent show, The Glades had a decent first season then became a terrible show.
Flag
Thank goodness. This has become my fave show. Love the actors and the setting.
Flag
Very excited! The fact that it ended with such a cliffhanger as a fan it makes me even more glad it's renewed. So many times shows have ended "season finales" with cliffhangers and they end up being "series finales" and it's always an even more devastating blow. So, yay! But I"m a little confused why it took them this long to announce its renewal. Considering that Longmire is A&E's highest rated show (ever), and its season 2 finale took it the highest ratings series to date I would think this call would have been made much sooner.
Flag
What do we hope to see in the next season of Longmire?

More Katee Sackhoff !!
Flag
liked this show . happy it will be back. I liked the whole idea that Walt does not embrace technology.
Flag
Maybe season 2 will get put up on Netflix so I can finish getting caught up...there's no way I'm watching season 3 before 2.
Flag
And, I just realized it only wrapped up about 3 months ago...but I wasn't even done watching the first season by then, and didn't even KNOW about it by then. Regardless, hopefully it'll get put up on Netflix soon!
Flag
Great to hear! Looking forward to catching up with Walt, Vic and Henry.
Flag
Glad it is back, but I agree--what have they been doing all this time when they could have been filming and getting the show back on TV earlier than next summer.
Flag
Good news!
They need to sort out the Lee Tergesen arc more/better
Flag
Agreed - fix Tobias Beecher! (I still really miss 'Oz'.)
Flag
Yes!!!
Flag
This is fantastic!! I love Robert Taylor and Lou Diamond Phillips. Thanks A&E.
Flag
I'm still trying to get through season 1 (love it! but having trouble juggling that, Sons of Anarchy, Arrow, and my rewatches of The Unit and Supernatural...in addition to real life, of course). I'm happy it's back - hopefully I can catch up before it airs!
Flag
The Unit was awesome for the first season or so...then it focused too often on the wives. :/
Flag
Just yeeaah!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members