Netflix Premiered Jun 03, 2012 In Season

Longmire Fan Reviews (56)

• Why only 10 for the new season?

I love Longmire! It is one of my most favorite shows that has come along for many years. I was so excited to see the "new" season coming this September. Unfortunately, the season seems extremely short with only 10 shows. I always thought a season meant a show every week for at least half of the year for 24 to 30. So far, that is my only disappointment in that there aren't more.
  • The chick with the blonde hair.

See, I can't even remember her name I dislike her so much. The one with the tight, low cut Sargent's uniform. Either tone the stupid, unprofessional-emotional act and give her better lines or got rid of her,. That being said I love this show. the rest is great acting, interesting characters and a great story most of the time.
  • Thank you Netflix for season 4 of Longmire

Thank you Netflix for saving Longmire for another season. It is one of the few shows that is well written, acted with interesting characters and a minimum amount of gore and gratuitous sex.
  • Longmire and why it is excellent!

Longmire is a modern-day western. It mixes in good old fashioned western cowboy and American ethics. The setting is superb and the acting is to notch. The characters are rich and the series follows the books with reasonable accuracy. In a small town there are very few secrets.
  • Like the show but there is too much altruism in it

Consider Auden's observation: "We are here on earth to do good for others. What the others are here for, I don't (THE WEEK, Nov. 16, 2002, p. 19)

• Tonto

It is not something the writers are doing to be racist. It is actually one of the few things that carries over from the book series. Henry's lack of contractions is just how Craig Johnson wrote the character. To me, it adds an interesting dimension to the character just like Walt's lack of words and Vic's foul mouth. He adds interesting linguistic elements to each character that make them interesting and change speech patterns while reading so everyone doesn't sound the same. If you haven't read the books the show is based I highly recommend them. The story lines are quite different but you'll see more of Walt's sense of humor and how much Johnson goes out of his way to portray both wyomingers and natives. There is just as much about their culture and their beliefs as well as his friendship with Henry as there is about solving crimes. I'm glad they're bringing the show back and I hope with Netflix behind them they can show even more of some of the great aspects of the series.
  • Jumped the Shark with Season 3

Love the books and enjoyed seasons 1 and most of 2, but season 3 has become a long soap opera. Walt's department is totally dysfunctional and Branch's descent into madness just silly. The only thing that saves it at all is the superb acting.
  • Why does Henry talk like Tonto?

1) Does this show think that Henry doesn't ever use normal American contractions? He can only speak in full words, eg "I do not think that is

"He did not go

Weird. The real Native American actors don't speak like that.

2) Why do all the actors playing down and out characters like drunks, homeless guys, etc. all have unnaturally brilliant white and perfect teeth? Why doesn't Makeup darken the teeth for the shot. They all look like they are in a commercial. Get real!

The series is pretty good. Nice change: a modern American town out West.
  • Cant believe its gone already

Just discovered this wonderful show and gutted to hear its cancelled already
  • I want Longmire back on TV!

Hey, Ya'll I'm a redneck and I would rather see Longmire any time than that Duck Dineisty. I dont even like ducks to eat. Put Longmire back on. Please!
  • longmire

one of the best shows on tv, only blue bloods and NCIS on CBS is better. when your sponsors say older people don't buy they need to run new survey. older people don't go shopping as much outside the home but they shop and buy on internet and imagine results will astound you. I was in business a long time, ran lots of ads, not that they were going to sell anything, all a ad is good for is try to get buyer to your business if they are looking for a object, advertised by several other sellers. Hope some one smarter picks Longmire up.
  • #LongLiveLongmire

Best show on tv looking for a good home, join the Longmire Posse on FB, to keep up with stampede!
  • Way to go A&E

A&E does it again. Leave Duck Dynasty for all the redneck bigots, but cancel Longmire, one of the best shows on TV. I guess those of us who want to watch positive good TV instead of mindless reality shows have no standing with the network or cable TV heads.
  • Good show

Edit 17Sep2014> Thanks for all the thumbs up - usually my posts inspire the opposite. I wanted to add my hopes for the entire cast to go on to even bigger and better things. I especially want to single out Sackhoff. Very VERY few attractive young actresses have the skill, courage and self-assurance to take on serious dramatic roles that downplay their physical attractiveness.

I have to put her in a class with Katey Sagal, 25 years older but my admiration for her skyrocketed when she pulled off most of SOA season 5 looking like Mike Tyson's sparring partner.

Edit 28Aug14> Yikes - first Glades, now Longmire. What's the point of watching anything on A&E anymore? Why oh why doesn't USA pick up shows like this instead of the soapy mush they seem bent on riding over the cliff into oblivion? Longmire was better than 90% of shows that have debuted in the last 3 years, including the major networks...

Not bad - after vilifying the 1-dimensional Branch they've found a way to infuse his character with the depth and breadth worthy of our interest. I'm glad they didn't discard him like SoA did with Wayne's season 1 deputy Hale - I thought he brought a great dimension to that show...

The writers also deserve credit for putting together good, well-paced, adult stories without the crutch of gratuitous sex, violence and profanity that have become the staple of most new shows.

Edit 05Aug2014> Just saw the new Dodge Ram commercial with Walt and Ferg - good tribute to the show's success...
  • One of the best TV shows

So disappointed to hear of this cancellation - Arguably one the best shows on TV. Love the modern western, great characterization and beautiful scenery with wide open spaces. I hope another network picks this one up.

• What the heck?

What happened to all the comments (including mine) that were on here the day before yesterday from all the people that are ticked off about the cancellation? Does that mean this will be gone too? At least we still have the books by Craig Johnson. A&E can't cancel those.
  • Another one bites the dust...

Not surprisingly, the network decides to cancel this phenomenal show, right when it really starts picking up the pace.

I really can't be bothered to watch any other show from that deranged network again.

I am really going to miss this show :(
  • Great Episode!!

This show has consistently given great scripts and fantastic acting every episode, but ashes to ashes surpassed them all. This one had me laughing and crying and holding my breathe!! Do we really have to wait so long to find out if Branch is alive?? :) just brilliant!!.
  • The absolute best tv show currently playing!!!!

I give it 10 I love this show, Craig Johnson really knows how to create believable characters, with wonderful plots and twists, the casting is also fabulous
  • Longmire Great But Needing Tweaking

Good show that holds ones attention to the end. Compelling storyline. Robert Taylor's portrayal of his character is stellar. However, I have a hard time watching Branch, and sometimes Vic. Bad casting or bad acting? Not sure which, but Branch's portrayal is awkward and painful to watch. Vic is also often awkwardly portrayed, but a bit more watchable than Branch. Robert Taylor's acting and the storyline keeps me coming back. I'd love to see Ferg's part expanded. Will Branch be killed off? Will the show come back for a 4th season? It would be a loss if it's cancelled, but the show would benefit with some casting changes.
  • Good, but...

I love Longmire, but every time I see Branch I want to fast-forward. All he does is brood and stare sulkily into the camera. His new villainy doesn't work, IMHO, and all they've done is put dark circles under his eyes with constant close-ups on his face. I know he's pretty, but it doesn't work to have him completely go off the bend.
  • let us thank A&E for bring Longmire to the screen 9.5

A&E has broken the chain of mediocrity television. Now there is something worthwhile rather than having to look at the inane, idiotic reality shows, such as Duck Dynasty;

We now have LONGMIRE. I hope the producers wake up and give some thought to publicize this really good tV show.
  • What's wrong with TVcom???

My problem is that this show, which in this summer season is one of the best on TV, is not advertised as "What to Watch Tonight", nor is it reviewed/commented on by staff after being shown. What gives?!?
  • Great cast

one of, if not the best tv series we have seen in years
  • This is a keeper!

Great characterization, wonderful plots, strong atmosphere, beautiful locale. What more does one want in a drama? It's a keeper.
  • Salt/pepper hair & all - Walt hasn't ................

a step since previous season. White warrior was terrific : cowboys & Indians & ghosts - what more could anyone want ? More women in Walt's life maybe !?
  • Renew

Great news that this wonderful show has been renewed. I love the actors and the story line is great too. I wish the network would promote this show a little more. I would hate to see it get cancelled like so many other shows that I liked.
  • Love this show!

I LOVE Longmire! I am so glad that there is another season!
  • Missing Longmire!

Love this we get another season soon.
  • When will it come back?

I'm ready for more Longmire...