Longmire

Monday 10:00 PM on A&E Premiered Jun 03, 2012 In Season

TesserT

Longmire Fan Reviews (33)

7.9
  • This is a keeper!

Great characterization, wonderful plots, strong atmosphere, beautiful locale. What more does one want in a drama? It's a keeper.
  • Salt/pepper hair & all - Walt hasn't ................

a step since previous season. White warrior was terrific : cowboys & Indians & ghosts - what more could anyone want ? More women in Walt's life maybe !?
  • Renew

Great news that this wonderful show has been renewed. I love the actors and the story line is great too. I wish the network would promote this show a little more. I would hate to see it get cancelled like so many other shows that I liked.
  • Love this show!

I LOVE Longmire! I am so glad that there is another season!
  • Missing Longmire!

Love this we get another season soon.
  • When will it come back?

I'm ready for more Longmire...
  • Longmire's return

I like this show a lot. Great acting and country flavor missing on tv. Please continue this show. Looking forward to future episodes
  • Need more Walts

As usual this episode had me on the edge of my seat. I love Walt and Henry. The world needs more Walts. This is so good. I am really liking the modern day western of this show. I will be waiting with excitement for next season. Branch better live. This is one of the top shows on tv for me. Oh and I think Katee does a great job on this show, but then again I like her acting ability. Fine show indeed.
  • What the heck are you doing to my Longmire??!!

I'm sick of race baiting from our government and from the press and from lib-tard Hollywood
  • Love the show !!

Being in a small town this is a lot like what small town law enforcement would be like, I cant wait till the new episodes next season hope that's soon !!
  • Game & Fish

Writers should get it straight , especially if you want to believe this show is based in Wyoming. Couple of times the characters have called it the "Fish & Game" department, that's wrong. In Wyoming, it's called the "Game & Fish" department!
  • Best show ever.

This is the best show ever. There's nothing wrong with it. It a lot better than the rest of the shit that's on tv now.
  • Everything but Red Rock Country

Got love that crusty sheriff devoid of all the modern contraptions of law enforcement. This is a must watch show.
  • Really?!?

Up until now I couldn't be happier with a series and character. Now, I don't know. Walt's gonna punish himself cuz his daughter was hit by a car?!? Really?!? Come on guys! This is TOTALLY out of character for Walt Longmire. Let's cut this crap and get back to what this show is supposed to be about--Walt Longmire solving crimes using his head! Since I'm here, let me get a few other things off my chest. Could Vic's clothes be any tighter? Could Branch's clothes be any tighter? How about a whole lot LESS of Branch and Vic and a whole lot MORE of the Ferg! Actually, you could probably can Vic and Branch. They don't add anthing to the show anyway. And what's with the obligatory 'sh*t' word in EVERY episode?!? I can't watch this show with my grandson because that word has to be used at least ONCE every week. I LOVE this show but there are too many unnecessary distractions. Let's recap: Get rid of Vic. Get rid of Branch. More Ferg. No more Native American rituals. Still a good show.
  • Lou dimond phillips on Longmire

this series covers a little of everything and then some. Lou diamond lives his part as he spares off with each episode
  • A SHOW I HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR.

Being a long time lover of Gunsmoke, this show reminds me of it. Robert Taylor, the Australian actor who plays Walt Longmire is brilliant in his performance on Longmire The rest of the characters are great too. It is about time there came a very realistic show without all of the pretty faces which networks try to shove down our throats to get us to watch a show with no content. Lou Diamond Phillips has always been a favorite and adds a lot to this show. I have watched 5 shows so far and am already hooked. It reminds me of the old classics such as Gunsmoke, Hawaii Five-O, Bonanza, etc. which were brilliant shows which were built around content, not pretty faces. Taylor actually resembles Marshal Matt Dillon at times. Great show.
  • Cowboys and Indians

Like the Cowboys and Indians like setup off this series
  • The Far Left's smoke and mirrors at work again ...

As noted by a previous reviewer, the Far Left (Left Coast) is certainly using this series to push its agenda, specifically their anti-gun agenda. Twice In the episode titled 'Carcasses' there was specific mention of a firearm being 'registered', first when Longmire sees a holstered pistol on a citizen's belt and the citizen quickly says the the handgun is 'registered' and the second time when a deputy reports that a certain person's handgun was 'registered', both times the implication being that 'registration' is required for firearms in Wyoming. In actual fact there is NO requirement whatsoever that either handguns or long guns be 'registered' by the State of Wyoming. In fact, a law abiding citizen of Wyoming is allowed to carry a firearm concealed WITHOUT a concealed carry permit providing that person would meet the requirements for issuance of a concealed carry permit should he/she apply for one. There are also NO permits required in order to purchase either hand guns, long guns or ammunition.

Just another example of the sneaky, underhanded methods used by the Left when they realize they have no logical argument to offer.
  • bait and switch?

The early episodes were believable... and then, the last 3 New Season episodes sound like they were written by someone on the Left Coast instead of someone with a clue about fly over country like Wyoming. Did the latest episode have to pit the cute ecco terrorist claiming that cows are killing the earth with cow farts? Really? No one dares to point out that the earth has been cooling for over a decade and maybe cow farts are the only thing that will save us from an ice age... but no. She managed to talk the rancher's son into rustling his dad's cows. Is this supposed to equal an interesting side story? It's just annoying.
  • Longmire's OK

It's worth watching. it's consistent. It's entertaining in a different kind of way. I can't think of anything similar.

Most episodes rate from 6.5 to 7.5
  • Watched the first episode of season 1 and want to see more...

I'm pretty much hooked from the get-go, the characters are solid, the cinematography is great, the various little plot elements have me hooked and I look forward to the rest of the season and season 2. I wouldn't say this is amazing television but it's definitely worthwhile to watch.
  • Great show

Very good show, love the characters. Just the right amount of drama and humor.
  • LONGMIRE TV SERIES

In my opinion, all I can say is WOWEEE, it's about time someone had the fortitude and guts to come along with this Wonderful Show, finally!!! It is truly worth watching, and Robert Taylor, where have you been all this time? You are my idea of a MAN. I get shivers up and down my spine when I see you and it isn't just me. My husband can't wait for your new series to come on. A&E, you deserve a big pat on the back for this beautiful story and the truly great cast that you've put together, especially Robert Taylor!!!The critics who try to destroy every thing that's good , should be tarred and feathered , and their pencils taken are they to tell us what America should see. This show contains a lot about the American Indians and provides us with some history and understanding. Oh! the humor is so refreshing. Please A&E don't do as USA TV did with Peacemakers. Still don't understand those idiots. Thanks AStrouhal
  • There's something about the tired old clich of the silent, but deep man in constant physical and emotional pain.

The show has excellent characters, well written mysteries and acting that holds it together.

It's not really new or fresh as such, but it does everything well and gives the show a geographical sense that few other shows (outside the numerous NYC-shows) can display. Most of the characters are pretty standard, the mysteries as fairly straight forward, but there's a nerve to the show that made it my favorite new show of 2012. I am looking forward to the next season.
  • ONE OF TV'S BEST NEW SERIES

I was happy to see that the USA networks "western"-like drama was given a 2nd 2013?) this 1st yr proved that a "slower" paced drama could not just be exciting and interesting,but has the ability to hold onto a large audience (it's premire had usa's largest audience at over 4 million)mostly because of great acting and scripts,and an ongoing story that is compeling and appealing... i didn't feel while i was watching it that it was "slow",but it has a sitback lemomaide in summer feel even when they were tromping thru the snow looking for clues to solving a homiside. politics,sex,violence and even class rivalry in a very rural setting. unlike anything on tv today with a protagonist that is 50+ very difficult to like and says almost nothing unless necessary and then sometimes does it with a look. his deputy a young beautiful woman who fits in well even thou she is a city gal,and his rival ,a younger handsome spoiled deputy who is under his rich father's thumb to win the upcomming election for sheriff and in and out of bed with our hero's daughter. since mom died she has had an on again off again relationship with her dad who sees her affair with his deputy as a betrayl. with a murder every week an election,and our angry sherif going fist to cuffs with many of the wrong people,slow wasn't the 1st word that came to really like this one.
  • excellent series

Beautiful scenery! Great cast and interesting stories!
  • Season Finale

The season finale of Longmire was a sad disappointment for me because it didn't settle anything that was eating all most of the people in the show. The only two that didn't have an ax to grind was the guy who owned the bar and the secretary to the sheriff; all the rest of them had enough baggage to fill three trailer trucks. The show is a good show, but for the action is slow and some of the people don't see to know what is going on around them half of the time. So next season try and put some life into it.
  • Diction and pronunciation

I have lived in Montana - truly Big Sky Country all my life and never heard Absaroka pronounced ; ab so ro ka ; it has always been pronounced as - ab sore key - and unless it is different in Wyoming or the native american people there have a different view on pronunciation or it is just for the show it really takes away from the reality of the show. And what is it with Lou Diamond Philips and not using contractions? Is that his normal speech pattern, I am a long standing fan of his and am curious!
  • Great show!

Well, there's actually not much more to say than that. LONGMIRE really is a great show with great characters, obviously lead by a cool, but also troubled sherriff, and an as always stunningly hot Katee Sackhoff. Baley Chase's character reminds me a little bit of the one he played on Saving Grace, but that's more than okay, he was pretty cool there, as he's here. But all the other people on Longmire, Lou Diamond Phillips of course, are just as good, and I hope to see more of good ole Robocop. And wow, didn't know that A Martinez is still around.

So why I'm rating this "just" a 9.5? Well, that's because I wanna hear more Country music. Yeah, I'm dead serious about this.
  • dog soldier

I love that show does anyone know the name of the music at the end of the show