A Looking Community
Sunday 10:30 PM on HBO

Things are looking up for Looking, because HBO has officially renewed the Jonathan Groff-fronted freshman dramedy for a second season. The news comes in the wake of Sunday's series-high ratings of 519,000 viewers (not to mention a highlighted spot in our most recent edition FTW vs. WTF). Now, you're probably looking at that number and asking yourself why the network is even bothering to move forward with the series, which looks at the lives and exploits of three gay men in San Francisco. Here's why: When DVR and online streaming numbers are factored in, the series is looking at 2 million viewers a week. Also, Jonathan Groff is a national treasure. 

But that's not the only good news Looking received today! According to TV Line, three cast members who've appeared as guest stars in Season 1 have been promoted to series regulars for Season 2. Lauren Weedman, who plays Dom’s best friend and roommate Doris, Raúl Castillo, who plays Patrick’s new boyfriend Richie, and Russell Tovey, who plays Patrick’s charming boss Kevin, will all be back full-time next season. Does this mean we're looking at a potential Richie-Patrick-Kevin love triangle? Because I would totally support that.

Anyway, I'd also be remiss if I didn't point out that Looking is now renewed for Season 2, and True Detective is not. The latter is averaging 10.9 million weekly viewers. What is HBO waiting for (other than to maybe find a new director)?

Are you excited for another season of Looking?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/9/2014

Season 1 : Episode 8

34 Comments
Follow this Show
Members