Loonatics Unleashed

The Comet Cometh

Aired Saturday 12:00 AM Nov 05, 2005 on The CW

• A flashback episode that also reveals the origins of the comet.

I thought the origins of the Acme heroes could have gone more indepth; all we got was a quick summary of the exact instances before they acquired their powers and what they were doing before it. I thought it would have been more interesting if it got a little bit more melo with it. Although I do hate melodrama, there just wasn't enough melo--thought I'd never be saying that. Nonetheless I still liked this episode as it bridged towards a new enemy who is responsible for the first meteor that gave the Acme heroes their powers in the first place. Episodes usually ended in "the day is saved once again" type of manner but here it leaves in suspense.
  • I REALLY enjoyed this episode! (When do I not?)

It was a little weird that it had already been a year since the show started, but that can be overlooked. It was interesting to find out what they did before the meteor hit. It was also nice to find out that they kept their original colors, that their current colors are just their costumes. That does leave the question, WHY do they change color when they're in costume?

Oh well. That's for the Tremblays to know and viewers to find out, I guess. Now all they have to do is give us a peek into their home lives and then we'll be set! ^_^
  • Loonatics\\\' Origins Revealed, And Foreshadowing, Too.

This episode is clearly a foreshadowing of things to come as well as an origin episode. Each Loonatic is shown as he or she was before the first meteor struck. The alien seen at the end will no doubt be back for the two-part episode Acmegeddon. Only then will the Loonatics discover the truth about the first two meteors, and try to stop the third one.