Looney Tunes

Daily 1:00 PM on Cartoon Network Premiered Apr 19, 1929 In Season

rreett

Looney Tunes Fan Reviews (98)

• Always been a great slapstick comedy!

I have no idea why shows like these get degraded as boring sitcoms! We prefer the original show better, yet CN still airs this show! I'm sure that everybody's seen this show. It is just about up there with SpongeBob, except it's a different type of show, but still about as good.
  • Love those looney tunes

I remember watching these looney tunes when I was a small kid and now as a grown up - I still love to watch them. I never will get bored with them. I love each and every of those characters.
  • Looney Tunes = The undisputed kings of cartoons

Where do I begin. This is definately my all time favorite cartoon series. Looney Tunes was a collection of cartoon shorts made during the 30s to 50s, featuring a variety of characters such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and many more. Lets begin with The big man himself, Bugs Bunny. He was by far the best part of the whole show. He would often be involved in different scenarios, trying to outwit Elmer Fudd while he's hunting him, Yosemite Sam in the wild west, on a pirate ship, and in the middle ages, and Daffy during Duck Season. Bugs was just the perfect troll. Daffy also had some pretty funny segments, mostly involving Bugs or Porky Pig. Sylvester and Tweety had about as many adventures as Bugs did, as well as Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote, and they were all pretty good too. This show also spawned some pretty good movies, like A Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, 1001 Rabbit Tales, and one of my all time favorite movies, Space Jam.

As far as being realistic am i kidding, this show isn't realistic at all, but that was the point. Looney tunes was made to entertain in a nonsensical, zany kind of way, and it did it the best in my mind. This show is so amazing, it was so good that no one gave a shit at how absurd it was. And that was the point of cartoons during those early days. But I'll admit that the parts that were racist made me a little uncomfortable, I'm just glad that there weren't a lot of those moments.

Looney Tunes in my opinion will forever remain a timeless collection of cartoons. Which should be enjoyed by everyone of all ages. If your one of the few people to have never seen them, then do so immediately. You will not be disappointed.
  • Various characters

Various ep (98-11)
  • Almost perfect

I think when the studio green lit this show, it was the smartest thing in cartoon history that they did. I really liked the show just like Heckle and Jeckle but it is a shame when you compare this show to the modern day cartoons which is a prety big disapointment. Too bad, but still, at least we can watch these shows.
  • Boomerang Channel

I really dislike what the Boomerang channel has done with the shows it broadcasts. They took off all the great TV shows. We all need to stand up and get Boomerang to put all the classic TV shows back on like Loonytoons, Droopy, Woody Wood Pecker, and Courage The Cowardly Dog, and so on and so fourth. These are all the great TV shows I grew up to. Personally I hate the shows they have on there today the only ones I really watch is Scooby Doo and Johney Quest but I think they should really put the good cartoons back on TV because they are really great but if you agree take the time to repost this and hopefully get boomerang to put the classic TV shows back on TV !
  • Even Though my Childhood Belongs to Disney, I Love This!

This is an amazing masterpiece. The artwork is great, and the animators have such an excellent gift of creativity. The comedy in these are practically perfect, that no matter what your taste in cartoons is I'll guarantee they'll at least put a smile on your face. Honestly this deserves the crown when it comes to being the best cartoon ever, even the good episodes of spongebob can't compare to gems like these. I highly recomed watching these, especially the classic shorts.

Characters: 100% (A+)

The characters are absoulutely hilarious and the writers use their potential to the max

Humor: 100% (A+)

The jokes in this are perfectly timed slapstick, verbal jokes, and blend adult jokes into this perfectly

Plot: 100% (A+)

The writers are able to put these characters into almost any situation and maintain their style of animation and comedy

Voice Acting: 100% (A+)

Mel Blanc is gifted in voicing cartoons that, he's pretty much a voice acting God!

Average: 100% (A+)

This is perfection in a nutshell
  • hm lets see?

this show is very poor!there are only a few good things about this show. its a classic... bugs is only a little bit funny thats all!this show can get anoying only thing that saves this show from its poor rate its... its a classic... bugs bunny is a little bit funny but sometimes gets carried away which makes it boring really suck i hate bugs bunny .daffy duck... .my only favorite character would have to be the one that goes mepmep !
  • CLASSIC!

CLASSIC JUST CLASSIC.
  • The original series is way awsome.

The only minor flaws I've have is. 1 Why does Bugs Bunny not get shot by Elmer Fudd? 2 Why does the Wile E Coyote never captures Road Runner and set traps like the hooden claw? I used to love looney tunes a lot. And i still do today. 98/100 Awsome.
  • I dont like it. Actually i do

BEST SHOW TO WATCH. IF YOU DONT WATCH THIS THEN YOUR A MENTO
  • THIS IS THE WORSE SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

WHERE DO I START OH YA WHY DOES EVERYBODY LIKE THIS SHOW IT'S POOP IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK BUGS BUNNY IS ANNOYING AS FUCK AND NOT EVEN FUNNY ok now this show IT'S JUST A DUMB SHOW no wonder everybody LIKES THIS JUNK. bugs bunny cant just stop being annoying for once HIS IS A SMART BUNNY SO THAT MEANS THAT HE IS SMART ENOUGH TO STOP BEING annoying little piece of shit ASSHOLE TO THE BALLS. 2. daffy stop being a loser you think that you are a better character than bugs yes but you SUCK THERES A REASON I HATE YOU AND THAT REASON IS THAT stop being a ignorant LOSER FATASS SKINNY FUCK AND RUN OR JUST CALL THE COPS AND ARREST BUGS BUNNY there is 1 last character i want to rant and that is ?speedy what the damn heck is wrong with YOU YOU ANOYING ASS FUCKER I BET YOU SUCK YOUR FATHERS DICK CAUSE YOU HAVE way too MANY PROBLEMS LIKE BUGS BUNNY I DONT EVEN WANT TO SAY IT STOP ANNOYING PEOPLE CAUSE YOU THINK YOUR A CLOWN BUT YOUR NOT FUCKING GAY ASS HOBO STOP ANNOYING DAFFY DUCK HE HASNT DONE ANYTHING TO YOU SO WHY BE A CLOWN AND A FATASS LOSER AND GO SUCK YOUR DADDY BALLS now these where my top 3 worse characters of the show
  • One of the best cartoons of my lifetime.

Classic. Funny. My favorite.
  • Whut up Vista fanboys.

I love Looney Tunes, all of the looney tune shows are great. This show is amazing and it's for everyone too watch. This show has over 50 seasons and it's pretty much the longest running TV series ever. If you look over the crappy FAMILY GUY, they only have 7 seasons. The have shprts with Bugs Bunney, Slyvester, Daffy Duck, Elmer, Porky Pig and other shorts. Even the spin-offs for the show was great, cough *Tom and Jerry spin-offs suck*. I use to watch this show ALOT but now you see, CN are new to this fad that Nickelodean and Disney are taking. It's called "CRACK". Overall, this is the best show CN ever had.
  • Looney Tunes!

Great for kids to have fun with! Great graphics and Bugs is a classic character !
  • The Truly Great, Classic Era Of Loonies That Many From Various Generations Grew Up On Watching.

Now the original Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies featurettes are what I grew up on watching. These are the real things, not the Looney Tunes Show. I remember watching them heavily in the '90s, whether in the mornings or the afternoons on the various channels it aired: Nick, TBS, Cartoon Network, etc. I also had a few various shorts VHS tape compilations featuring the characters and rented others. Although there have been t.v. series projects involving the LTs, with Tiny Toons Adventures and Duck Dodgers being the best in my eyes, nothing will ever coming close to matching the level of this. One of the best animated shorts series of all time. Brilliant, just brilliant! I still love them so much that I already own half of the Looney Tunes Golden Collections DVD box sets (currently have volumes 2, 3 and 6). It's been great seeing those I already had seen again, both on those and Youtube. Some I grew up on watching, others I didn't see growing up (like the very last, classic era/W-7 Arts short Injun Trouble, the one with Cool Cat, not Porky Pig), and others I still never saw. I haven't seen all of them, so I still have a lot of catching up to do on those.

When I was little/younger, I didn't really laugh at the cartoons, although that doesn't mean I didn't think any of them were ever funny. They still entertained me just fine. But I just wasn't getting or feeling that urge to laugh. Maybe part of the reason is because there were some jokes I just didn't get or know about at the time. The perfect example would be that "A Tale of Two Kitties" short. The part where Catsello says "If the censors would let me, I'd give him (Babbit) the bird alright", which I'd find out what that really means years later rather than literally giving him an actual bird. It's true what they say about some stuff goig over kids' heads, I see what they mean. There are so many of the classics from the epoch between 1930 and '69 to choose as favorites, but to name one for me, among others would be Porky Pig's Feat (the black and white version I first saw as part of one of the VHS compilations I mentioned). If anyone is looking for a lesson on how to makes great cartoon series, then the LT/MMs would be one of the first places and best places to start. The WB animated featurettes from the late '50s onward (including the Depatie-Freleng and W-7 Arts years in the mid and late '60s) may not be up to par with some certain, other ones in years prior, but next to recent tripe like the Nicktoon Fanboy and Chum Chum, they compare to nothing and they're not as bad.

For those new to this, this is one I highly and definitely would recommend. The shorts (not all of which have been brought to DVD), depending on which one's you're looking for and whether you're on a budget for whatever reason, are available on the aforementioned Golden Collection sets (which are pricier), the Spotlight Collections and others (many of which are less pricey). For those who can afford any of the Golden Collections, I say get those and that they're better, due to the extras or bonus features included, one of the most interesting of which being the Mel Blanc documentary The Man of a Thousand Voices, from the last volume, Vol. 6. Plus, the shorts with the original, objectionable, controversial content is intact on these, the Spotlight Collections feature cut versions or omit certain shorts with too much of that particular material to include. However, although because of that, the Golden Collections are intended more for adult collectors than kids or rather a general audience that would include them, but some parents can talk to their kids, explaining the disclaimers and the history/reputation behind certain featurettes before watching with them or letting them watch on their own. These were, are and will continue to be among the best. Great memories and the brighter moments of my childhood I'll always be grateful for and treasure. Miles ahead of Baby Looney Tunes, Loonatics Unleashed and The Looney Tunes Show.
  • what's up doc?...

looney tunes ha to be one of the classic shows out there. i watched the L marathon on CN on New year's day & it kept me laughing. i love Bugs! He's just so smart & hilariousxD of course all the other characters are really funny too. i luv watchin the wile e. coyote shorts. i lol whenever wile's plans to catch the road runner always backfire. this show is an all-time classic. i bought a few DVDs of this show & watch when i'm bored. i recommend Looney Tunes to anyone who hasnt seen it. it's the bet show ever!
  • For my 200th review, I review the best TV show to ever grace the airwaves of television.

I have seen plenty of excellent TV shows, but in my mind there will only be one that is king of them all the Looney Tunes. Everything about this show is so revolutionary from the comedy to the characters it paved the way for so many shows. It's because of this show that many good shows are able to be around today, and it all stems from this show. The Looney Tunes Show is about a group of animals having wacky adventures of dealing with stuff that happens to them daily. From humans being cruel to other animals the episodes are full of antics and slapstick comedy. Each Looney Tune brings hilarious funny moments that are very creative and original. All the characters on this show are excellent, lovable, and memorable. You have Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, The Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Sylvester the Cat, Tweety Bird, Foghorn Leghorn, and I haven't even scratched the surface as to how many characters there are in this show. The comedy is the best comedy ever to be shown on television, and influenced so many shows with its slapstick, and running gags. There is never a dull moment in this show, and every minute if it will leave people rolling on the floor in laughter until they can't breathe. The artwork is beautiful. The characters have original designs to them, the set designs are creative, and it got better as the show went on. The animation is excellent and flows very smooth in this show. Probably my favorite shorts had to be the Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner shorts. The Looney Tunes would also have TV movies that are really good and funny like the shorts. They even had 2 theatrical films: Space Jam, and Looney Tunes: Back in Action, and I enjoyed them immensely. If it wasn't for this show, so many other shows wouldn't be around at all, and this show continues to influence cartoons to this day. Everything about this show is perfect from beginning to end, and has definitely earned itself as the best TV show to ever be on television. If you have never seen this show at all, then see this show at all costs. Go to an FYE and get the DVD sets, or see the movies that stared them, and you will not be disappointed. This isn't just a cartoon, it is THE cartoon.
  • Classic.

I have been watching Looney Tunes since I was five, and it is one of the greatest cartoon series ever. It started in the late 20's, but of course, I wasn't alive for that. The cartoons started in movie theaters,then they came to Tv. But in 2004, for some reason, The Looney Tunes made a comeback. Looney Tunes Back in Action came out, The Duck Dodgers Show started to air, and more DVDs started to come out. Sadly, Cartoon Netwrok stopped airing Classic Looney Tunes shorts that year. Luckily, there's The Golden Collections that come out, and Every new years eve CN airs a marathon of the classic shorts.

Overall, these are great, timeless shorts.
  • This is the best cartoon ever, I just love this show really much.

The Looney Tunes are the best out of all other cartoons! This cartoon was funny for both adults and children with innuendo and slapstick. I absolutely loved "A Wild Hare", "Rabbit Fire", and especially "Duck a Muck". Who ever hates this show definitely has mental issues. I also liked "Whiley Coyote" because it had a lot of hilarious pranks. My favorite Daffy Duck catchphrase was, "Your despicable!". I love a lot of looney tunes(but not the annoying mouse, belch), they were great! This show will always be much much better than Sponge Bob Squarepants, I don't care what anyone says.
  • You can be 3 or 103 and still LOVE these cartoons!

Over the years that Warner Bros have been in buisness, there has never been cartoons like these. The Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series are simply phenomenal from the day they were created!

To start out, these are the perfect cartoons. Why? Here's how.

First of all, they are funny. Sure, some of the jokes are a little corny, but that's really what makes them work. If you can understand entertainment history of the time these were made, then you'll understand them better. I do. Some of these jokes are pretty violent as well, but that's alright. After all, they're only cartoons! :)

The second thing is charm. Every character that Termite Terrace (W.B.'s vintage animation studio) has had some aspects of real people and that makes you want to identify with them. For example, Bugs Bunny is that street smart, wise cracking jokester we all know and love(I know a few people as charming, funny yet not necessarily as crazy as this hare!).
    Also, the way the characters look also makes them appealing. Chuck Jones is my personal favorite when it comes to charachter design. If you see one of his cartoons, then you'l know why.

The third aspect is that the animation here is as good as it gets. I mean look at it! It's BEAUTIFUL! The reason why is because the animators here were talented. They make movements and positions so realistic that you'll swear that they're actors and not drawings. My personal favorite animator from WB is Bob Clampett. He made really rubbery animation but it's good for my eyes to watch. He made his stuff as cartoony as possible, so it's fun to watch. :)

Finally, the most interesting part of these cartoons is: thier voices. It's been heard by the grapevine that one man originally voiced all of the male characters with the exception of Elmer Fudd and a few others. He was the great and late Mel Blanc. The man has TALENT! Also, June Foray did a few female voices here too. She's just as talented and she's still going strong today.

Don't get me wrong, I think some modern cartoons and others made around the time these were made are funny and fun to watch, but they're nothing compared with these gems. No other cartoon can even come CLOSE to topping them!

I think it sucks that the score only goes up to ten. If it were up to me, I'd give the Looney Tunes/Merrie Moldies series a 1,000,000,000!
  • This was a classic

The Looney Tunes show was a classic with all of the great scenes in it featuring Bugs, Daffey, Elmer, Porkey, and more. I don't really like the Tweetie and Sylvester series that much, roadrunner and coyote was a charm, as was the porkey and Elmer shorts, but the Taz and other studff just wasn't of my taste. My favorite characters of the show have to be Daffey for his witty humor, Elmer and Porkey were flat out ilarious, unfortunately I wasn't a really big fan of this show as a young kid, but it stil deserves its respect for being a true classic!
  • a true wonderful show that meets all the criter to be called a classic.

the looney toon show was wonderfull. i enjoyed every bit of it growing up in the 90s iwatch all the shows that came on and own all the boxsets of the show . and i laugh every time even though i have seen them over and over again. this show was one of amercias best cartoons in history of television and has won so many awards and has been made on postage stamps and countless things. a show that atrracited a wide amout of audence the kids growing up would go to the movie theaters to see cartoons before the show back in the old days. i enjoyed the show so much. and there were countless good charaters as bugs daffy taz pepi le pew elemer fud and sylvester and tweey and porky and marvin the martina it was a really good show .
  • The best show to ever hit the television screen! No wonder when I read all the reviews they almost had every single one 10! (Perfect!)

I made a review for Merrie Melodies and mistakenlly, thought that was the longest lasting show to ever be on TV. That was 60 yrs. 3 months 1 day, but, this was 77 yrs. 8 months 11 days. That beats Merrie Melodies by 17 yrs. 5 months 10 days. Proabably "The Lonney Tunes Show" went off the air for the same exact reason Merrie Melodies went off TV. To use an illustration, you're an actor, and you were very good. You got so many encores,you ran out of stuff to do!

Anyway, the scores are:

Graphics:10
    Sound:10
    Humor:10
    Dialouge:10
    Everything else:10

Bottom line: 1)Bring it back! 2) Proabably the best TV show to hit the air!
  • If you read my other reviews, you'll know that I'm a huge Looney Tunes fan.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved Looney Tunes. It was the first show that I ever watched, and I've been hooked ever since. The characters are likable and funny. There's Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Marvin the Martian, The Tasmanian Devil, and many others. An interesting side note, most of the voices (sans about two or three) are performed by one man, Mel Blanc. Even when I was in elementary school and high school, I watched them. Unfortunately, Cartoon Network stopped showing them around 2004 and replaced them with some...less than favorable cartoons (i.e. Squirrel Boy, Robot Boy, that CN Real crap, etc.). For five years, my access to Looney Tunes was very limited. All of that changed on November 15, 2009 when Looney Tunes returned to Cartoon Network. I was very gleeful. Another thing I loved about Looney Tunes was the cartoon violence. Life would be so much better if a gun blast to the face at close range merely resulted in a blackened face. To sum it up, if you've never seen Looney Tunes, I'd HIGHLY recommend watching it. You really don't know what you're missing. Grade: An extremely rare A+
  • One of the best cartoons!

The Looney Tunes show a group of animated friends who get in all sort of adventures. Many animated shorts and amazing adventures!

The Looney Tunes, first aired in the 20s, was one of the best cartoon shows of all times. Is an amazing cartoon with really great comedy and the perfect formulae for laughter even today. The show is over now, but even today is still one of the greatest! With it, I've laughed about my entire life! This show was one of the best from the golden era of the cartoons, and is still one of the best! This show I highly recommend if you love to laugh!
  • Looney Tunes Cartoons were the best

Everyday when I got home from school I would make myself a Milo Drink, kick back and watch Looney Tunes. As much as that shows my age I'm not afraid to say these cartoons were simply the best. The kids of today have no idea about cartoons all the crap they are subjected too. E.g Dora the Explorer, Sailor Moon & Pokemon I mean WTF is that!!

I'll admit Bugs Bunny was a tad over-rated but nothing beats Foghorn Leghorn.

I Say I Say Boy Your all over the place like a cat on a HoT Tinnnn ROOOF!!

Boy's got a mouth like a cannon, always shootin' it off.

Go, I say go away boy, you bother me!!

AHHHH the good old days Bring back REAL Cartoons.
  • I'm in for Looney!

I'm loooove Looney Tunes. Along with Tom and Jerry, and some of the Cartoon Cartoons were all that I watched as a kid. There are so many interesting characters in this show. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety the Bird,Road Runner and so much more. They always made me laught and even at my age, they still give me laughs. It's original too, nothing is like it. Anyways, this is pretty much the father of all cartoons. I hardly know anyone who doesn't like these cartoons and who can balme them. The only ones that don't are the younger kids who are into modern tv show crud I don't even care for. Looney Tunes for life!
  • My favorite show since preschool

I really love looney tunes! No Cartoon can beat this classic film! Bugs, Daffy, Tweety, Sylvester, Yosemite and the other characters are timeless.

Bugs, cunning and hilariouss
    Daffy, Desperate to hit the Spotlight and always fights with Bugs
    and many more......

Even those short 8 minute scenes can really laugh your heart out, I know Tom and Jerry is funny, but it's too much action and they even barely talk.

Bugs: Eh what's up Doc?
    Tweety: I thought I saw a p*ssycat! I did! I did saw p*ssycat!
    Elmer: It's Rabbit season!

Those timeless epics err.. stories can never be replaced, people sometimes think of special effects or high definition, besides, others with too much 3D can be boring sometimes, This is one of the oldest cartoons ever made, but pure comedy can also be seen here!
  • The Father of all cartoons.

Looney Tunes is truly the daddy of all cartoons. Period.
    The show has lasted longer than any other cartoon and Tv show ever made. There are over 60 seasons, and over 1,000 episodes.There should be Guinness world record for that!!!!!!!!

The show is also fun to watch, no matter what your age.
    Also, I have never Heard a negative review for looney tunes. EVER. It entertains, no matter what.
    The animation style and plot for each episode is Just Right as well. It will remain a classic for a very long time.
    Looney tunes is just a superb show, and that's probably why It's lasted for so long! Thanks for reading my review. I'll see you later. -anderson587
< 1 2 3 4