A Lost Girl Community
Showcase (ended 2015)

After seemingly losing two of its major players during the madness of Season 4 (Kenzi is totally coming back, right?), it should probably come as no surprise that Lost Girl will be calling it a series after its upcoming fifth season. Anna Silk, who stars as main character Bo on the Canadian drama, announced the news via a video shared with fans Monday morning. "After five incredible seasons, we have decided that it's time for Bo's journey to come to an epic conclusion," she says in the minute-long clip, which you can watch below: 

However, with the bad news comes good news, too. As Silk said in the video, Lost Girl's fifth and final season will be expanded to 16 episodes that will air in two parts, probably in some sort of weird Breaking Bad homage. Let's hope the series doesn't end with Bo dying on the floor of the Dal after somehow saving Kenzi, because that would be sad.

You may now proceed to the comments to express your happiness that the series is getting a real conclusion or distress over knowing that we'll soon live in a world where we'll likely only see Kris Holden-Ried when he's fully clothed.

Lost Girl will premiere on Canada's Showcase network this fall, and on Syfy in 2015. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/25/2015

Season 5 : Episode 16

78 Comments
Comments (78)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This is the most disgusting awful decision ever, to actually end a show that was so original and so entertaining and had so many different places to go and had so many interesting characters and was willing to risk homophobia and tackle new heights! I haven't even finished part of season three and I still have season four but this is the entire reason why I am going so slow because there are so many rotten and uninteresting shows to watch out there whether it be on Netflix or catching them on cable, that this is what I must do! Who's idea was this? I am so tired of shows ending!! Do they actually think something better will come up next? This is like when Xena ended and she never came back to reprise the role. This is tragic.
Flag
I am still pretty pissed off that they decided to not make any more seasons after this one. Why even get people invested in these shows if they are just going to cancel them. Also everyone knows that Bo belongs with Dyson. I guess I can uninstall the damn game now!
Flag
not to worry according to what i read episodes 9-16 will commence on sept 6th 2015. according to this website https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girl_(season_5)
Flag

i just got into this show now already going end it wow
Flag
where is

Lost Girl Season 5, Episode 9? and this sucks they are not going keep it going

Flag
Im wondering where is the rest of the episodes for season 5..im waiting to see whats going to happen next....I love the show so much..!
Flag
SAME here been waiting to watch season 5 ep 9
Flag
I happen to enjoy lost girl!! I think it's an epic show and always something different happening.. Please do not cancel this show.. This show rocks!
Flag
Lost girl is awesome... They could continue this for more seasons.... season 6 could be when Lauren makes a human into Faye serum and tests it on her boss then makes herself into faye...And then Have it where they have to either find a way to send Bo's dad back to hell or have it to where: when Bo's dad was released someone either gets ahold of the box and let's out more creatures of hell or the creatures from hell are released when her dad was released. when that happens they can bring back Hale stating he was one of the released to return to Kenzi...Season 7 Can have Kenzi's life of human world since she's been gone... possibly find a human love along the way or reunite with Nate... And have Bo search for Kenzi and have Kenzi decide to choose her human love(Nate or new bf) or return to Hale and become a Faye... while having Dyson and Hale trying to gather more of the unwanted released souls and Trick finding out that his wife was among the released and was captured by Evony so she could try once again to take over everything while evryone's too busy with other things... which would begin season 8.... They can so do so much with this show... if Charmed can do 8 seasons this could so do 8 if not more....
More+
Flag
i love the show so much season 4 last episode made me cry like a baby i really wish lost girl would continue past season 5 but everything good must come to an end anna silk you are an amazing actor and very beautiful i can't wait to watch season 5
Flag
when will the next episodes show i have seen up to episode 8 season 5
Flag
They don't even tell us when it's back!
Flag
Oh man!! Can someone from Canada ship me a copy of season 5? I would of seriously moved up just to watch this final season...hell I am so close to Canada I can almost see it across the lake!! grrr
Flag
It's a real shame that they are cancelling Lost Girl, an extremely well cast show that has a connection between the characters. Not only is it a Canadian series with awesome Canadian stars but all the actors are unique in their own way. The show kept up with its storylines. I loved it and sad to see it end. Loved the spark between Bo n Lauren. It never got old or boring. It would be great if they would stay on for 1 more season or 2 or 3 or well, you know .... On and on.
Flag
I'm kind of glad they're ending this show. Loved it to bits for the first three seasons (even with the weird 'Dawning' arc.) BUT After a promising start, season 4 turned into a train wreck that killed two of my favourite characters and sucked all the heart out of the rest. Season 5 better be a fix-it, or I'll be bitterly disappointed.
Flag
Lost Girl is one of my favorite shows on TV. It's ashame it has to come to an end but it was a great ride. We all have to move on and so do they. To the entire cast of Lost Girl....good luck in all your future endeavors &3
Flag
I second this.. Keep it going 😊
Flag
TOTALLY loved watching the series. We laughed and cried with you all and felt like for a moment in time ,the "Faye" could be possible. We hope another network picks up the series a.d the Bo's Journey continues. Looking forward to season 5 ,although it seems bittersweet. We were hoping for many seasons to come. We have shared it with everyone we think might be interested , in hopes your viewership would go up for season 5.
Flag
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why do they always end or cancel the good shows? And always to soon!!!!!
Flag
Season 5 started last night in Canada and if this first episode is any indication, they'll be going out with a bang! Long time fans can mostly rest easy. While no one is really safe in this world, the 1st ep will mostly give the fans what they want. Well, I guess it's one of those give and take situations....
Flag
Okay i am going to be so real here it will hurt! I am so Dam Pissed! Every time I really start liking a show the cancel it!! I am so tired of really getting into something and the pull the plug. I set my eyes on what I thought would be a show that would go for at least 8 to 10 years with all the great content. I want to learn more about this show. It is a fresh breath of air with all the horror crap that they have kicking. I loved Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Lost. All wonderful to take you in to a story and let you get lost there. This just makes me want to go back to reading books at least there you know when it will end. Or films you know that the end is the end. I loved this show so much it was a great distraction. Now All I will have is Haven and at this rate it will be cancled soon too. This just sucks!!!!!
Flag
I completely agree. I was always happy to recommend it to people who asked for a good show to watch and I am so completely disappointed that all the actors will disperse and even though they will move onto other things it's not going to be anything like lost girl. Plus For some of them this will be their greatest series and nothing else they do will compare. I hated that I got sucked into it.. It does seem like some shows want to succubus you in (play on words) so they can spit you out!!!!
Flag
Great show and I wish it wasn't going end
Flag
Sad but happy too. Glad we get a extended final season but sad it will be the last. The split season is good in this case as we get a chance to find a new show, or a new show to come out while its on break. Last season was good but honestly past a 5th season the show does not have much more it can do. Bo is at the height of her power so all they could do is have her lose it and quest to regain it. thats what a 6th season would be about, i dont want that. End on a high note and start a novel franchise either giving us individual stories set during different seasons or continue the story like a non-video 6th season. They could do more on text than TV as far as fresh ideas go.
Flag
Not everything revolves around breaking bad! Katlin the scifi channel started this whole breaking the season thing back when they had Sliders and Lexx, that's pre BSG era for the normal viewer. It's all about the Benjamins.
Flag
Honestly, 4 or 5 seasons of any show is plenty, and perfect. Ever notice after 5 seasons how dismally convoluted a story becomes? How it creeps along and becomes a slow death until you're rolling your eyes at the series finale going dear god, how did it take this long to get here! You end up hating your main character for their choices and being generally confused by new and/or forgotten plotlines that fall by the wayside. I'm not sad about this, or upset. This is perfect. Explain or at least try to give us a reason for last season in the first couple episodes, then finish out in an easy manner that we loyal fans can understand. Pick one or two aspects to focus on. Give us Kenzi back. And then close the curtains.
Flag
That might be so with most shows but I find with supernatural now on season 10 has got a lot better now that they changed things around so the story don't end after the episode
Flag
I pretty much am just so happy nowadays when a show knows in advance that it's ending so it can be written accordingly!! This is great news. They know they need to wrap it up. There are very few shows that have been good past the 5th season, as you said! Even if they're still good, the writers can almost never maintain the quality of earlier seasons.
Flag
Sg-1 made 9 seasons before it went to crap. The biggest problem are the producers and writers not able to think long term.
Flag
It's the perfect time for a Final Season. There's only so much this show can do and to be honest, Season 4 was kind of a mess. Im still not sure about what I watched. There's no way Kenzi was actually killed off last finale, as this season would truly suck without her. This is a fair decision, and it might actually do the show some good to have a Finale to specifically aim for. It's been real, Bo. It's time to meet her dad finally.
Flag
While I still enjoy the show, it is time for it to go. I can't wait to see what the main actresses do next. All three, Anna Silk, Ksenia Solo and Soie Plamer would be great in the some of the upcoming and existing comic book based shows. I would like to see Ksenia in Marvel and Zoei as well. Anna could be good in one of the DC shows.
Flag
It's Zoie Palmer not Soie Plamer
Flag
I'm shocked they made it this far. It's been careening towards disaster ever since Lovretta left. I thought they'd hit rock bottom with season 3 and then came season 4. I'm bitter at what happened to such a fun, silly, and enjoyable show.
Flag
How many writers write on this show?!
Flag
I completely agree quality went down the tubes.
Flag
Thank God, it was getting ridiculous
Flag
Too late, it was just getting stupid.
Flag
As long as they bring back Kenzi, and in the first episode please. I'm glad its getting a proper finale.
Flag
I interpret it as fine news as I swear, I feel like there were like important scenes missing from Season 4. Like suddenly everyone knew everything or had learned a bunch of things and we weren't even sure. So, like I was more confused when Hale died and sort of upset but similarly confounded when Kenzie did what she did. Like, I get what she was doing but when did she figure it out?
Flag
Bittersweet news because I do like it, one of my favorite of the genre, but I always felt like this show was a show that could keep going but then be randomly cancelled and we get no closure.. so now with it ending, I hope they can wrap it up nicely and answer the things that need to be answered. and I hope it doesn't take too long for Kenzi to come back, she was pretty much the heart of the show.

however the splitting up seasons for more than finales and winter break hiatus is total BS, whoever started doing that should be flogged. we have to wait long enough as it is.
Flag
Honestly I'm glad this show is going to end. Hopefully they'll end up with a bang cause the last several seasons were pretty terrible and they ignored everything that made this show good.

At least for the love of everything don't give us a total drawn out 16 episodes of "who will she choose". Though I'm pretty sure they will.
Flag
And in your opinion what do you think made the show good? And why do you think it went bad?
Flag
I can't help but feel that it was time. Hopefully we come to a good conclusion with Bo's parentage, her soulmate, her Dark/Light affiliation, etc. and I hope the rest of the characters have good, satisfying storyline endings. Last season was a shit show. :(
Flag
I'll be sad to see Lost Girl end. The show did a lot of interesting and new things with its characters that had never been done before. They totally put aside this world and allowed the audience to find a home in theirs. But, I felt that the storyline suffered in the last series. I think they fell into the trap of continually trying to find a bigger and badder, big bad than the one they just defeated in the last series. Sooner or later it becomes impossible to do and something gives.

Whenever a show saves the world, I always say, "uh-oh", cause, what do they do for an encore? It's a common enough trap, but only a few shows find a way to re-boot enough to carry on. I wish Lost Girl could have been one of them.
Flag
Hopefully this means Showcase will announce Continuum's renewal soon. I don't think it's their style to cancel original Canadian content without an official final season. I'm pretty sure that's written in the Canadian Constitution.
Flag
Continuum is finally getting better too. I'm happy it started to focus more the time aspect of the show.
Flag
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed myself. Heck, Techtor died on Falling Skies, Brad can fully be involved....
Flag
I absolutely love Lost Girl. I am very sad it is ending.
That being said I did not like two parts of season 4.
1) Bo and Kenzi's relationship was strained the entire season. They had one of the best female relationship on current TV.
2) The season was so short.
Flag
I lost interest in Lost Girl somewhere around the end of season 3. But since it's ending I guess i'll slog through. Maybe season 4 and 5 will be better.
Flag
That's exactly my situation. I gave up, but since there's going to be a conclusion soon, I'll probably go ahead and catch up and see how it all ends.
Flag
killing off hale pretty much said 'this show is ending soon'
Flag
No more Tam Tam? No more Kenzie? No more Bo?

But I need Tamsin in my life... I'm very sad now.

At least the show will get a proper conclusion...
Flag
I feel tamsin is an under developed character and I look forward to learning more about her whole process next hopefully.
Flag
Season*
Flag
I'm glad it's ending on it's own terms but it's definitely time to say goodbye. 5 seasons is enough, I wish Supernatural took the hint and bowed out when it was good

I do have one negative thing to say about this article
"Lost Girl's fifth and final season will be expanded to 16 episodes that will air in two parts, probably in some sort of weird Breaking Bad homage "
I understand that both BB & Lost Girl bow out with a final season split into two parts, totalling to 16 episodes respectively, but as usual TV.com reference a more recent show rather than a show that did it first (to my knowledge)
The Sopranos split it's final season 6 years before Breaking Bad, only The Sopranos had 21 episodes rather than 16.
Like i said, i understand the 16 episode reference but Lost Girl doing that is clearly not an homage to BB when The Sopranos did it first

Sorry for the nitpicking but BB is the most overrated show i've ever come across. It was good (especially the whole of season 5 which was amazing) but BB hardly broke the mold. The Sopranos is so much better than it, say what you will about The Sopranos finale, but the show as a whole is head and shoulders better than BB. Which does not deserve it's place in the Guiness World Record as being the Best TV show of all time. HA
More+
Flag
Staff
Um, the Breaking Bad thing was a joke.
Flag
That constitutes as a joke?? WOW
Flag
Staff
Did you honestly think I thought Lost Girl was paying homage to the show because the network decided to split the series in two halves of 8 episodes each?
Flag
And here i thought Sopranos was the most overrated show on television. I never understood the appeal. Breaking Bad kept me captivated from day one. All entitled to our opinions:
Flag
Yes we are.
But I am just about to finish a rewatch of The Sopranos and it is without a doubt, head and shoulders better than BB. Stronger seasons, Stronger characters, Stronger acting (The episode 'Whitecaps' has the best performance i have ever seen between two actors (James Gandolfini & Edie Falco)) Just incredible.
Flag
Let the shipping wars begin. I love this show for the simple reason the a bisexual woman had a legit relationship with a female lesbian given just as much time and effort as the heterosexual one.
Flag
It was an important and original statement. That's why I thought it was original. I never felt she was with the right partners tho.
Flag
Begin? That's all the fandom has ever been. And to anyone watching they've thrown away anything that isn't doccubus, so there really isn't a point. It's more like let them "end."
Flag
I'm sorry to see it go, but I'm not surprised.

5 years is about the max I suggest any show last. Shows tend to decline after around 3-4 year either because the concept is no longer fresh, the writers start running out of ideas, whatever.

In any case: the entire core cast has been incredibly epic. And at least they get a solid-length season to wrap things up.

Flag
Anna Silk is the BEST. That beauty is going to be missed when its gone. How sad ... she was clearly fighting back tears giving that news. They even give sad goodbye news better in Canada.
Flag
Aw, I'm sad the show is going to be over... but I'm glad they're giving us a real finale! Kenzi better be alive.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC