Lost Girl

Delinquents

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 24, 2013 on Showcase

• This is an amazing episode

After last week of a seriously boring episode, this episode more than redeems the series.

*** Spoilers ahead ***

So how do I even begin with this episode? To summarize, like most of "Lost Girl" episodes, this episode surrounded a case. This time it is with delinquents being tortured and killed by some tree monster. Unlike previous episodes though, the case doesn't seem to be the main focus this time. Sure, we have Bo beating up bad guys and Dyson playing the hero "again" but really, this episode is about emotions and personal feelings.

To simplify my review, it is easier to break them up into characters:-

Bo

After her dawning, Bo became really happy and seem to be really in tune with her new fae self. She seemed to be more control of her power and gotten a lil over confident. But Bo being Bo, she of course, ended up saving the day

Dyson

Finally being able to converse with Bo regarding the dawning, Dyson was given some of the most cheesy lines this episodes. "I didn't go into the dawning with you knowing I will die, but knowing you will safe me". It is also revealed that he loves Bo so much that he is actually happy that she is happy. It is a refreshing change from his usual sad, soulful self.

Kenzi

This week is an enjoyable development for Kenzi. She undercovered as a delinquent and she seemed to be at home with the other 'human' delinquents. It is also revealed that she is no longer enjoying just taking a role at the back while her big bad faes beat up other big bad faes. She was given some of the best lines in this episodes (like implying wolves are girly, hilarious). I felt that she had this innate need to be trusted by the delinquents and that she really needed to show the faes that she could accomplish all the tasks at hand without their help. Who knows, she might eventually be faed as there seem to be some hints that she might become one.

Lauren

I never really bite into the relationship between Lauren and Bo, there seemed to be too much sex and not enough emotional aspects (aside from making Lauren really boring). But this week's episode really pushed Zoie Palmer as an actress. The breaking up scene between her and Bo was really fabulous and you can actually feel the effervescence of sadness post break up. When you watch or rewatch the episode, take note of her eyes and when Bo left the room. It was really quite heart wrenching.

Tamsin

Turned out Tamsin happened to be some kind of bounty hunter and needed to kidnap Bo (or something) and hand her over to someone (or something) and her mentor (aka the lady from Terminator aka Linda Hamilton aka Arcadia) was pushing her to do it. Tamsin, however, develop quite a fondness for Bo (who won't?) and decided to out from it. However she received a gory hand (I seriously do not think it was Arcadia's hand, I felt that Arcadia tricked her somehow) and ended up finishing some kind of druid work that would do some voodoo on Bo. Hopefully there will be more information next week.

There are a few things I didn't understand (plot holes?) in this episode though, first of all, I wasn't really sure why Lauren decided to break up with Bo. I know Bo wasn't the most attentive girlfriend, but heck her previous girlfriend was in a coma for 5 years, if she needed attention, she would have found someone eons ago. I am guessing that she felt that a succubus shouldn't really be tied down with a relationship and decided to let her go (much akin to Dyson's MO). I don't know, maybe it would be revealed later. Another thing I didn't understand was why Tamsin chose Dyson as Bo's most trusted person, I would have thought it would be Kenzi. I also didn't understand why the delinquents realised Kenzi was actually an undercover (although, this is rather irrelevant as we know Bo will always end up saving the day)

The conversations between Bo and Dyson, Lauren and Bo and, in a perfect triangle, Dyson and Lauren were some highlights of the episode. They were truthful, revealing and really what the show was about.

I hope they will eventually reveal more about the Wanderer next episode and I am certainly looking forward to that. Whoever the writer is this episode, I hope they write more amazing episodes like this. Oh there should be some mention of the background music this episode, they were awesome and appropriate.