Lost Girl

The Kenzi Scale

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 17, 2013 on Syfy

• Surreal

I'm not sure whether its just me, but although it was overall a solid episode with interesting story progression etc, there were times the acting from some of the characters seemed very wooden and it just gave a kind of surreal feeling to it at times. Trick and Lauren especially but even Dyson seemed to fall short of his usual on screen charisma.

One great point for me in this episode is that we see a softer side to Tamzin a few times (although if you blink, you might miss it). With her being hell bent on bringing Bo down, it was great to actually find her more likable.

I really hope Lauren is being written out of the series soon. I'm sorry if you're a Bo/Lauren fan but I just cannot stand Lauren. This episode seemed to serve as a painful reminder why I actually root for her demise (on screen only ofc). I feel her character/acting is very forced/awkward. I also feel Bo has more on screen chemistry with her friend Kenzie (or even Hale!) than she does with the good doctor. She whines constantly and perhaps trying to come across all doctor like, she just appears anal and clinical - completely wrong for a succubus who feeds on passion.

I can't discuss the aspects I enjoyed without going into heavy spoiler territory, but if characters irritate the life out of you as Lauren does me, you can be pretty sure you'll enjoy this episode regardless, due to the story progression :)