Lost in Space

Deadliest of the Species

Aired Wednesday 7:30 PM Nov 22, 1967 on CBS

6.4
  • I have nearly finished watching the entire show again (last time I was 12) and I have a major complaint about the whole show.....

I have nearly finished watching the entire show again (last time I was 12) and I have a major complaint about the whole production. Why, oh why, couldn't they have invested a little more time and money in developing up decent and more than half a dozen alien spaceships. We see the same scenes over and over again, and just when you think you will go mad if you see that same scene again, they reverse the film giving it a whole new annoyance.
    The whole show would have been at least 50% better if they had invested a little more in minatures, costumes and props.
    Why is every planet the same and why in this episode (the first time they haven't crashed on a planet) do they fail to use their landing gear - Why, because they must have made the show on a shoestring budget - What a crying shame....

PS I can't stand Smith, if I had been Prof Robinson I would have thrown him out the airlock in the first episode.