Lost in Space

Fugitives In Space

Aired Wednesday 7:30 PM Jan 31, 1968 on CBS

• One of my favorite episodes not becase of Dr. Smith but Major Don West and him are in sneakers! Oh, why couldn't Will and Dr. Robinson also been in sneakers, but such is life.

There goes Dr. Smith again. Even as a child (during the original broadcast) of 10, Dr. Smith just grated me the wrong way. He was an adult and I felt more mature than him. After this episode I hoped they would leave him on the prison planet, but no such luck.

Still I liked the episode as Dr. Smith and Major Don West were wearing the same kind of sneakers I wore everyday. I didn't really think of my sneakers as inmate wear, but after this show I started wondering what inmates wore. This gave me some fun time at the library. OK, I was a geek even at 10.

In the end because of the sneakers this episode is one of my favorite. Afterwards when thinking about the episode, I realized I had really wanted to see Will and Dr. Robinson also wearing those sneakers. After all Will was about my age and my hero and Dr. Robinson was a Father figure. Seeing them wear the same sneakers I wore would have been confirmation my sneakers were hot stuff. Enough about me, this isn't a blog entry but a review.

Dr. Smith is his old self; Will has to be the adult half of their team; Don is simply mad at the situation and Dr. Smith and rightly so. This episode is typical Lost In Space fun.

For those who love the Dr. Smith character he is in true form in both mischief and in doing the right thing in the end.

This is a good episode and for me it helped me clarify my likes, dislikes, and desires.