Lost in Space

CBS (ended 1968)

Gislef

Lost in Space Fan Reviews (35)

7.9
  • The definition of bad television

3.9
    It's hard to believe people still watch this show. It was difficult enough to believe that people wasted their time on it when it first aired, back in the 1960s. But at least back then people had the excuse that they didn't know anybody. What did they have to compare it to? Rocky Jones, Space Ranger? Sorry about that, Rocky Jones fans, because you're right, Rocky Jones was King Lear, compared to Lost in Space.

To be fair, there were a couple of OK episodes, barely, at the beginning. But as soon as the producers decided to turn everything into Dr. Smith's Kiddie Hour, what little hope the series ever had vanished into thin air.

But, hey, John Robinson exploring the first planet with a jetpack was pretty good!
  • I if u ask me, don't watch the reruns!

6.2
    This intergalactic family saga is a one-of-a-kind sci-fi classic that earned an enormous following of devoted fans.

Created by legendary film producer Irwen Allen, and set in the space age future of 1997 this exciting adventure series followed a typical American family, their trusty Robot, and a stowaway villain named Dr. Zachary Smith.

In the year 1997, Earth is suffering from massive overpopulation.

Professor John Robinson, his wife Maureen, their children (Judy, Penny and Will) and Major Don West are selected to go to the third planet in the Alpha Centauri star system to establish a colony so that other earth people can settle there.

However, Doctor Zachary Smith, an agent for an enemy Government, is sent to sabotage the mission.

He is successful in reprogramming the ships robot, but in the process becomes trapped on the ship.

And because of his excess weight, the ship and all on board become hopelessly lost.
  • Probably the worst science fiction show ever to air on television, LIS never disappoints with its ability to disappoint. A dropping from the unfertile imagination of producer Irwin Allen.

Like a boring rollercoaster LIS starts with an above average episode and quickly roars downhill with a few bumps here and there. As the SFRs (Space Family Robinsons) attempt to get back to earth they encounter more and more ridiculous plots and characters, the whole shamefull mess culminating in arguably the worst episode ever aired on american television -- \'The Great Vegetable Rebellion\'.

Done by all concerned strictly for the paycheck.
  • This show introduced me, and a whole generation, to science fiction.

When Lost In Space originally aired I did not get to watch it. But when I caught it in syndication a few years later I couldn't get enough, never missing an episode. The show had everything a young sci-fi fan could ask for, even if you didn't know you were a sci-fi fan. There was cute Earth girls and sexy alien women, big spaceships like the Jupiter 2 and even bigger ships that could swallow the Jupiter 2. There was the Robot (or "robut" and bubble-headed-booby) and visits by other mechanized beings including the cult favorite Robby the Robot. Everyone looks up to their Dad, but who has a Dad that can fly a spaceship and shoot a lasergun. And who has a Mother that can grow vegetables on an alien planet and cook them for dinner. Virtually every episode had a guest star, at the time it didn't mean much to me, it was years later when I would be watching something else and I would see an actor and say "I know him from somewhere, oh yeah he was the space pirate". And there was always the hope that they would make it back to Earth. At the time I didn't know how the series ended, did the family and crew of the Jupiter 2 ever make it back to Earth? I like to think they did but catch the series and see for yourself.
  • Lost in Space had an outstanding pilot episode but became an opportunity for good science-fiction wasted by very bad scriptwriting.

5.4
    Lost in Space, the television program which Trekkies and other sci-fi fans love to hate, was wrecked by the attempt to broaden its appeal and a lack of foresight. As with Star Trek, there were two pilot episodes produced. The first, sans Robot and Dr. Smith, has the Space Family Robinson battling a giant cyclops, discovering the ruins of an ancient civilization, boarding a huge derelict spaceship. Absolutely enthralling! The second pilot, a re-work of the first, introduces Col. Smith as 'an agent of a great foreign power' (i.e. the USSR) and the robot as a fearsome berserker. Not bad, but not as good as before.

Regrettably Lost in Space soon degenerated, as the writers simply didn't know what to do with the characters. The vicious Col. Smith painted them into a corner and would either have to be killed or exiled so he becomes cowardly, selfish Dr. Smith and plays Stan Laurel to Robot's Oliver Hardy. So a series of bad stories ensue, as when interstellar hillbillies come to call...

Strong Points: First five or so episodes. Good special effects, excellent incidental music.

Weak Points: Everything after episode 5. Poor scripts, total lact of imagination, production values declined. After Season 1, hard to believe it was produced by adults.

See the pilot episodes on DVD or VHS and be pleasantly surprised. Avoid the remainder of the series.

jHh

• I guess I watched because I was kid. It was silly and goofy and fairly good in its day...

5.5
    When I watched reruns in the late 70s when my hormones were raging I always wanted to bend Judy over the piano, if you know what I mean. When she was in her spacesuit she was smoking hot.

I always wondered why Major West didnt do her? I mean was he gay? Was there a single time when Don kissed a woman or even showed interest? Was he a eunuch? Don seemed to be John Robinson toadie - similar to Robins role in Batman. I suppose maybe John Robinson told Don he would tear him in half if he deflowered Judy.

And what about poor Wil and Penny? Those two in the throes of full blown puberty with nothing but each other? Ok, thats downright creepy. Id better stop here.

And dont even get me started about Dr Smith who was always making eyes at Wil Robinson. I suspect that when Robot was waving his claws around wailing "Danger Wil Robinson!" he was talking about Dr. Smith. Whatever the case Dr. Smith was even gayer than Major West. In fact if the series was filmed today Im sure Smith and West would be in a domestic partnership seeking to adopt Wil. Dr. Smith is widely regarded as the first Gay character in space.

All in all its a childhood memory and its better left there.
  • When I was a kid, I loved this show.

5.8
    Very strange show, it went from serious to very stupid. It didn\'t matter, I still watched every week. I wonder what the show would be like if it had stayed a serious drama. I thought some of the serious episodes were excellent. The 2 part one were the alien wanted the kids for a zoo was great. I like the one were Judy is dupicated in the giant plant. The one were Will returns to earth was good too. Who made the decision for the silly episodes? Didn\'t they know that you don\'t fix what isn\'t broken!! I did, however, switch back and forth to Batman and Lost in Space.
  • Smith

Hated Dr Smith, seemed like he should have been left on 1st planet.

The rest of the show provided great action and actors
  • A TV´s classic!I loved see it,when I was a young boy.My favorite character was the Doctor Smith.Really,very funny!

One of the favorite TV shows,when I was a young boy.Funny and lovely!I saw it in black and white,because the color TV wasn´t aviable on Brazil,on those days.My favourite characters were the trick and coward Doctor Smith(That did the funniest scenes at serie)and the loyal and brave Robot.I was very sad with the piece of junk that was the theater´s version.Jonathan Harry was judicious and very smart by not had been participate from that!The theater´s version of his character was a bad joke!Someday,someone will make a good version of Lost in Space to the theater?Only God know!I hope see this serie aviable in DVD on Brazil,someday.
  • The Swiss Family Robinson in space!

This show was a "modern" adaptation of the popular novel "Swiss Family Robinson", right down to the family name. Most kids of the '60s watched this show - probably because of the action and adventure that included a younger kid, as well as a teen, and 2 young adults. I think that was one of the things that I remember about it the most - watching the trials and tribulations of the "teen" daughter Penny as she slowly "came of age". And interestingly, the "parents" weren't portrayed as "uptight" or "stuffy" as those on other "family-based" shows in any genre of the time (maybe the costumes helped in that respect, as this gave them a more "casual" appearance).

The one person who stands out the most - at least looking back from an adult perspective and recollections of the show's tone from childhood, was the Dr. Smith character. He was obviously a "dark" figure who very much impacted the mood of the show, becoming an overall menace and sometimes nemesis to the rest of the group. But he almost always garnered pity and forgiveness from the family and the viewing audience at the end of an episode, every time his inner coward kicked in and he blubbered his way back onto the ship. I expect whether you like him or hate him, any actor able to invoke an emotional response and make you frustrated at the character's nefarious behavior, means he obviously nailed it. I always cheered on Major West's continual admonishments of Dr. Smith in any case. I guess the other character that was and continues to be a fan favorite (and butt of jokes), was Robot. Some of his dialog survives in the popular culture today, from his now-laughable "Danger Will Robinson!" to his ubiquitous "WARNING WARNING WARNING!", making him a classic and illiciting a chuckle when using any of his phrases in a conversation. As the family watchdog, he performed his role well.

I think all in all, it was a show for its time that attempted to appeal to all audiences and not just the Madison Avenue 18 - 24 age group insisted upon today. And despite the film attempt to remake the show to fit more modern times, the original version still remains a cult favorite that tried to illustrate and underscore that when a family works together, they can stay together, through thick or thin.
  • Lost In Space was one of the coolest shows on television. The Robinson family getting lost in space thanks to Doctor Smith and usually when they do get a chance to get home it gets messed up thanks to Doctor Smith.

A character like Dr. Smith is one of a kind. The funny things that he said and did on this show were priceless. He was so funny when he would get mad at the robot. The names he would call him were hilarious. As for the other characters, Will was a really smart kid. I always liked that character. Penny was a pretty interesting character also. John and Maureen were the parents and they were pretty nice but to be honest, the show could have been o.k. without them. Most episodes revolved around Dr. Smith, Will, the robot, and sometimes Penny. Don West was a pretty interesting character. He was a hot head sometimes and he really couldn't stand Dr. Smith. This was always funny to watch. The oldest daughter Judy was barely used and I really can't say much about her since she never did much on the show. But really, this show was a favorite of mine. I really loved it.
  • Lost in Space is the best TV Show. I own all 3 seasons on DVD. my favorite episodes are War of the robots, Wreck of the robot and Space Creature.

I currently own Lost in Space Season 1, 2 and 3 on DVD my favorite episodes from season 3 are are The Great Vegitable Rebelian, Two Weeks in Space, space creature and the time mearchant. In season 2 i like Curse of cousin smith, Cave of the wizards, Wreck of the robot and The golden Man. From season 1 i like the raft, One of our dogs is missing, War of the robots and the space trader.

More about Lost in Space

My Favorite Season 2 Episode: Wreck of the Robot
    My Favorite Season 3 Episode: Space Creature
    My Least Favorite Episode: The Dream Monster

• Cool Storly Lines and Great Actors and lots of action and irony...o the pain

This show isprobably the best Sci-Fi in my opinion. The strory lines are super clever and the characters are all ver loveable. I think the movie sucked and captured the wrong side of Lost in Space. I suggest getting Lost in great tv and check this out
    Best Season:3
    Best Episode:A Visit To Hades
  • It's an excellent show that on each season it got better and better!

I never was fan of the first season. I really got into Lost in Space where the series got color. The second season has a lot of memorable episodes but the third season is virtually perfect. If you are a true fan of the series, you will find every episode of the third season as a true classic. The series was campy, yes, but it's the best campy series of all. It's sad that they never did a decent ending with the original cast to the series. I'd love to read the plot that Billy Mumy had for that.
  • While it aired simultaneous to Star Trek, I guess it didn't get any of the production PhD's in graphics, writing, cinematography, special effects. It had decent editing, music, and lighting.. (Yes, I do work in television, so I notice these things)

I remember emulating this program as a small child, making our outdoor playhouse the "Jupiter 2." While it was fun then, I've watched reruns, and now the DVD compilation, and I just don't get it. To say that some of the shows were just so "off the hook" that it became painful to watch was an understatement. There was, in my little opinion, some very poor acting on the part of the male characters... although I love Jonathan Harris and his rapid-fire, precision delivery of the Queen's own english.

I have heard and seen internet debates on which sci-fi show was better; this or Star Trek, and I have to profess that Mr. Roddenberry and Star Trek just outclass Mr. Allen and Lost in Space at virtually every turn...

No slam intended at LOS fans, and I will admit to some episodes being guilty pleasures, just as some Star Trek episodes were painful to watch... I guess it all evens out in the end.. :)
  • Started out great, but became so overwhelmingly silly even a kid could see through it.

I was 11 years old when Lost in Space first hit the airwaves, and became an instant addict with the very first episode. Americas real life space program was going full guns in 1965 and I was a huge fan of that and a confirmed techno-geeksince the first grade. The first episode caught and held my attention...the Jupiter II mission was believable and mesmerizing when I was 11, and Dr. Smith was a genuine bad guy at first and not the pompous fool he was to become in later episodes. The series seemed to take the plight of the space family Robinson seriously at first, and then Irwin Allen brought out the guys in the rubber monster suits and the unbelievably naive storylines and Lost in Space quickly degenerated into the campy comedy classic it eventually became. Oh, I had my fun doing my Doctor Smith and Robot imitations like most of my contemporaries, did my share of 'Warning..DANGER Will Robinson' gags over the years, but never really got over my disappointment over the rapid decline of what could have been a really good science fiction series.

• Family Adventure

It was the 60's the space race was on and the televisions were tuned to Lost In Space. The first season was in B&W and was quite adventurous and serious with some very good episodes and stories.

The second thing the show was broadcasted in color and as soon as that happened it went Hi camp. the majority of the family became supporting castes and Will, Dr. Smith and the Robot became the mainstay. Silly plots, horrible writing and even worse sets made season 2 almost unbearable.

Season 3 went back to some season 1 formula with mild camp and was much better than season 2. Sadly the damage had been done and the plug was pulled after only 3/4 of a season.
  • A space colony family struggles to survive when a spy/accidental stowaway throws their ship hopelessly off course.

I think this was the best thing that Irwin Allen ever did. Although the show drifted far away from its original synopsis,the adventures of a family in space, it eventually became the story of a boy and his robot. Bill Mumy became a hot talent in Hollywood after the series and his role as Will as the likeable son is one of TV's most endearing roles. Johnathan Harris was the villain we loved to hate as he became of another of the screen's most versatile character actors. The man showed great talent arguing with an inanimate prop and making it the hero of the show. The unnamed robot, ironically, became more dimensionally than anyone else in the show, and forget Mary Anne vs. Ginger, how many guys had crushes on Penny Robinson than on Judy ? Penny was the adorable ingenue next to the obvious Hollywood presence of Marta Kristen, the first Marilyn Monroe of the galaxy. John and June Robinson, however, slowly became less the leaders and heros of the series as they became closer to Ward and June Cleaver as they spilled out parental advice and punishments. Don West, however, remained mostly the same character without any developments in his character and past, but that can be directly blamed on the series focus between Will, the Robot and Dr. Smith while everyone else became just a little bit more than supporting roles. Despite these few faults, I still think its one of the best things to ever grace television.
  • One of those sci-fis series that comes in a lifetime.

Based loosley on a comic book series"Space Family Robinson", this cleaverly made sci fi series provides us with yet agian a fun filled adventure series.
    It's all about a space journey that goes wrong due to a storaway who was there to kill the family.when the family manages to thwart the plains, the extra passenger will be the so called star of the series. The pain, the pain.
  • A fantastic old-school sci-fi show about a family in outer space.

A truly great sci-fi adventure series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • It was before my time, but I still became a fan.

Lost in Space shows that you don't need a big budget, loads of special effects to be entertaining.

While I have to agree with cdrak0715 that the show looks dated, the storylines were good, the acting was pretty decent, and for a kids show - I like the fact that I can sit through it as an adult. I can't do that with some of the other shows from this era that I grew up watching the repeats of, which is rather disappointing.

So, if you're looking for a safe science fiction show for your kids, Lost in Space is it.
  • awesome show and campy

the scareist aliens was secound season's episode wreck of the robot, three zombie like ppl that wisper all the time and tricked Dr. Smith with a transporter back too earth but was a fake astroid! and the episode where Dr. smith gets kicked out of the jupiter two and will found him an old alien wreck to live in, will find's an artifact (because he is a avid arculogicalist)puts the cone on his head and wishes and something apears, knowingly doctor smith new the machine makes your stuff you think up real, but as you know dr. smith gets too greedy and the alien person that left it behind wants it back!
  • Good show, poobut was ruined by poor script and overfocusing on Dr. Smith, the Robot, and Will.

When I saw the first episode on DVD, I was intrigued. I continued watching, an quickly fell in love with it, and I saw soon addicted to it. When it came to the 6th episode, "Welcome Stranger", I was extremely disappointed. I still can't watch it - a space cowboy, awful acting, annoying over-the-top accents, and an awful fight scene which almost looks like the early stages of a gay sex scene instead. After that, I as cautious, but the series continued excellently. The season finished on the amazing "Follow The Leader".

I had the complete 1st Season only, and soon bought Seasons 2 & 3. I was hoping that Irwin Allen would change direction becuase, despite the 1st Season's excellence, it was getting repetetive. Dr. Smith gets family in trouble, Will disobeyes his parents' orders and becomes a young hero, the Robot making funny lines. All of this is was good, but was getting repetitive, and the other characters were somewhat getting more & more minor with each episode. I was also hoping that in the 2nd Season, the females would be able 2 take care of themselves a bit more.

Well, I began the 2nd Season and was happy 2 see colour. But it looked stupid, it was TOO colourful. I then quickly noticed how things hadn't changed at all, and now the characters other than Dr. Smith, the Robot, and Will were almost completely forgotton. The dialogue was ridiculous, everything was re-used (such as machines, costumes), and the plots were plain stupid. No wonder the show was overshadowed by Star Trek. Thankfully, there was a good episode here and there (these were "Wreck of the Robot", "The Colonists", "The Phanton Family" and "The Android Machine"). I watched less and less frequently, before FINALLY it was over! YAY!

After a month, I began watching the third season. Instantly, I noticed the colourfulness was significantly toned down. And in only the first episode, I noticed how it was more serious. As it progressed, I noticed how other characters were getting a bit more of a chance, but Dr. Smith was still involved in EVERYTHING. I was annoyed when I watched "The Time Merchant" because it makes Dr. Smith's hijacking of the ship a good thing! In other words, all of Dr. Smith's 'badness' was wiped out. As I kepy initial relief was smuttered a bit, because most of the episodes were OK but very forgettable, some were awful, and the only ones up to the standerd of Season 1 were "The Anti-Matter Man", "Condemned of Space", "A Day At The Zoo", "The Space Primvals", and "A Visit To A Hostile Planet". Then came te infamous "The Great Vegetable Rebellion". I was so horrified by its awfulness that I looked it up. Turns out Irwin Allen had no other idea on his mind. WTF? Why didn't he write something without Dr. Smith in it? Something focusing on Don or Maureen, who had no episodes at all? Then it finished on a medicore note, "Junkyard in Space". It doesn't suprise me that the series was cancelled.

And there were a few problems that ran through the entire series apart from overuse of those 3 characters. For example, when an alien attacked and injured one of the family, why did it almost always have to be Don? And in a fight with an alien, Don always got pwned. Maybe it was because only Don and John were "eligable" to get into an alien fight, and John couldn't be the one pwnd, because he was the "cool father" of the family. So it was always Don. Irwin Allen unfortunately never tried anything new or different with the series, and it just seemed stupid and repetetive.

So, in conclusion, Season 1 is great (except for "Welcome Stranger"), Season 2 is awful apart from 4 episodes, Season 3 is OK but forgettable apart from 5 episodes.
  • Lost in space was a very interesting program for it\'s time. I think that it made way for other science fiction series for today. I gave it a fair rating. The family was really lost in space for. I wish it had better effects.

7.2
    I hated Dr. Smith and his addiction for making trouble for the robinsons. I wish his character was more realizitic. He always involved the little boy or the robot to start trouble. The little boy, i forgot his name, was very smart for his age. knowing what to do when dr. smith involved him in his skims. Penny was very innocent. Not really much of a role. The parents didn\'t do much parenting. At least as i remembered. The pilot was interested in the older daughter. But the best character i liked was the boy and his robot. I think he was the main character of all the others.
  • Never lived up to its potential.

7.6

Lost in Space started out fine, with an all-star cast and lots of cool space hardware. But as he was wont to do Irwin Allen turned it into a
    childrens program filled with monsters about as scary as the ones on Sesame Street. After the first season Batman hit the airwaves in the same time slot so nobody was watching Lost in Space anyway. Just as well since the 2nd season of LIS was not worth watching. It settled into a "guest star of the week" format with the storylines becoming increasingly unimportant. They relied heavily on Dr.Smith and the robot's newly developed comic chemistry, the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal season.

Season Three didn't follow the usual pattern of decline for such shows. Except for a couple of misfires like The Great Vegetable Rebellion it turned out to be far more entertaining than Season Two. The Robinsons finally blasted off from that dismal planet and headed off for new adventures in space. Penny(Angela Cartwright) was no longer a drab-looking adolescent running around in pants. She had become a beautiful young woman adding a little pizzaz to the show. And somewhere they came up with the "space pod" giving the Robinsons a way to go down and check out those planets before landing the Jupiter 2. In the final show the Jupiter 2 even had rockets to fire and defend itself with. All of this gave a new dimension to the show and revitalized it. But it was too little and too late. The series was not renewed and the cast didn't even find out until they were in the middle of a meeting with the press. Lost in Space showed promise but it never quite got its act together. They depended too much on "teleporting" and other cheap special effects, and left too many questions unanswered. Of course the most nagging question of all, whatever happened to the Robinsons, was never addressed and that irks fans to this day. More than anything the show's fate was sealed--(as Dr.Smith would say, "We're doomed.")--by the success in the ratings of Batman on ABC.

Now for the good news. Lost in Space is available on DVD. Most of the things Hollywood predicted for the future like flights to Alpha Centauri, laser guns, and hydroponic gardens in every home didn't happen, but in some ways the future turned out even neater than we imagined. Amazingly you can now pop a disc into a machine and see images of a show that aired 40 years ago and most of it looks like it was filmed yesterday. It's sad that Guy Williams and Jonathan Harris(Prof. Robinson and Dr.Smith) are gone now. But thanks to DVDs they'll always be with us. That's a much better use of laser technology than turning it into a death ray.

• Campy now, but total fun as a kid!

I loved this show, and remember vividly how my friends and I would play Lost in Space. We would turn their raised outdoor patio into the main deck of the space ship, and their built-in BBQ was the perfect cockpit. The platform entry way into the house was just big enough for us to fit three imaginary freezing tubes on it! Lucky there were only ever three of us on that ship, or someone would have had to die...!
    We dressed their Scottish terrier up to be the chimp "Judy", and made their little brother, who was a huge pest, be the robot and get ordered around! We didn't have a "Dr. Smith" because everyone knew he was just a big poopyhead!
    I finally got the DVD set, but am waiting for a weekend to myself so I can have my own LIS marathon; an escape meant to harken back to the good old days...
  • First family of space explorers ends up lost in space.

Things i love about this show: Special effects: even for the 60's this is a very good show, the sets are well done and they are very creative. I consider them much better than the Star Trek sets too. The ship itself is very real outside and inside. The creatures they encounter are always very well done and filled with details helping to create a nice feeling of being in other planet. the stories are sometimes very dumb but they never dissapoint thanks to the great details and something unique about this show: the photography, i love it, because it is like some kind of shadowy pastel coloring or atleast thats the way i get to see it and gives this show a very special aura.

A great show thanks to its innovations and its props.
  • From the mind of Irwin Allen came a show with the potential of greatness, but eventually ruined by the greed and shallowness of a cast member.

The lost family Robinson. Lost In Space was almost perfect in execution from the very start. The unaired pilot was decent enough, but the addition of the robot and Dr. Smith was a brilliant move. Unfortunately it was just too good to be true. The Dr. Smith of the first season was a cold blooded spy and enemy of the Robinsons. The changing of his character to a whining joke(the pain,the pain..) was something that most certainly led to the cancellation of the show at the end of it's 3rd season. As popular as Will, the robot, and Dr. Smith were; making them the focus of the show and ignoring the rest of the cast was a huge mistake. So many great story ideas must have been rejected and to add insult to injury there was no satisfying conclusion to the series. In other words, they never made it home.
  • I'm almost embarrassed that I watched this show, but I loved it!

I wasn't alive when the show was new but I caught the reruns on the Sci-Fi channel in the early 90's. I loved this show, I thought it was the best thing ever on tv, I also never would miss Land of the Giants. Now, I watch some of DVDs that I bought and I wonder what I was thinking. It is so corny and campy, when I was a child there was so many other modern shows I could've watched, but I preferred this show... however, there are some episodes that I still love to watch. I'm not saying the show isn't a classic I just wonder what I was thinking.
  • Best of Irwin Allen

Sure, this series ended with a talking carrot but it was "the" show to watch in it's time.

The original B+W shows were great before Dr. Smith turned totally gay and wimpy and the robot "got nice". This show had REAL models that looked cool and the wire work on the model was some of the best of it's time.

Who can forget the first crash landing of the Jupiter 2? With is screaming over the mountain tops...No friggin CG effects!!

Great cast. The show did have some cheesy monsters and some really dumb stories but it was a great show no matter how you look at it.

< 1 2