Lost in Space

CBS (ended 1968)

Gislef

Lost in Space Fan Reviews (37)

7.9
  • While it aired simultaneous to Star Trek, I guess it didn't get any of the production PhD's in graphics, writing, cinematography, special effects. It had decent editing, music, and lighting.. (Yes, I do work in television, so I notice these things)

I remember emulating this program as a small child, making our outdoor playhouse the "Jupiter 2." While it was fun then, I've watched reruns, and now the DVD compilation, and I just don't get it. To say that some of the shows were just so "off the hook" that it became painful to watch was an understatement. There was, in my little opinion, some very poor acting on the part of the male characters... although I love Jonathan Harris and his rapid-fire, precision delivery of the Queen's own english.

I have heard and seen internet debates on which sci-fi show was better; this or Star Trek, and I have to profess that Mr. Roddenberry and Star Trek just outclass Mr. Allen and Lost in Space at virtually every turn...

No slam intended at LOS fans, and I will admit to some episodes being guilty pleasures, just as some Star Trek episodes were painful to watch... I guess it all evens out in the end.. :)