Lost in Space

CBS (ended 1968)

Gislef

Lost in Space Fan Reviews (35)

7.9
  • This show introduced me, and a whole generation, to science fiction.

When Lost In Space originally aired I did not get to watch it. But when I caught it in syndication a few years later I couldn't get enough, never missing an episode. The show had everything a young sci-fi fan could ask for, even if you didn't know you were a sci-fi fan. There was cute Earth girls and sexy alien women, big spaceships like the Jupiter 2 and even bigger ships that could swallow the Jupiter 2. There was the Robot (or "robut" and bubble-headed-booby) and visits by other mechanized beings including the cult favorite Robby the Robot. Everyone looks up to their Dad, but who has a Dad that can fly a spaceship and shoot a lasergun. And who has a Mother that can grow vegetables on an alien planet and cook them for dinner. Virtually every episode had a guest star, at the time it didn't mean much to me, it was years later when I would be watching something else and I would see an actor and say "I know him from somewhere, oh yeah he was the space pirate". And there was always the hope that they would make it back to Earth. At the time I didn't know how the series ended, did the family and crew of the Jupiter 2 ever make it back to Earth? I like to think they did but catch the series and see for yourself.