Lost in Space

The Toymaker

Aired Wednesday 7:30 PM Jan 25, 1967 on CBS

6.4
  • Annoying to the older viewers in the audience but still worthwhile.

Any time you do a story about Toys, it's bound to annoy the older viewers. But we can take a different attitude about it by saying that this particular episode is a Family-type episode. After all, if Disney can do it, then why not Lost In Space too?
    Oddly,it's Doctor Smith's predicament which makes me think twice. As the alien Mr. Om says, he is making Smith into a Toy to be used by an alien-Giant. That rings a bell for me because it reminds me of The Twilight Zone episode entitled "Stopover In A Quiet Town" in which a married couple finds itself wandering in a deserted town. At the finale, a Giant-hand comes down from the sky and picks them up. It is seen that the whole town is just a diorama used by a Giant-alien child. The two humans had been taken from Earth in order to be used as Toys for the Giant-child.
    What I'm saying is that you could make a connection between that Twilight Zone episode and Lost In Space's Toymaker in that Smith is being made into a Toy to be used by a Giant alien-child. So it could be the Same race of aliens from the Twilight Zone.